Too Many Aircraft?

Tim

Hit a new snag today when I downloaded an a/c for the VA I fly with...it
didn't show up in the "Select Aircraft" list.

I suspected it was due to me having too many a/c installed, so deleted one I
don't use and found the one I was looking for was then displayed.

The question is, IS there a limit, or was this just an anomaly on my system?
Most of the a/c I have have been installed as part of Project AI packs, so I
don't actually use them myself; can I stop them showing up in my list (if
that frees up more space for a/c I DO use)? Also, does the limit apply to
aircraft models only, or does it count paint schemes as separate models?

Any thoughts please?

Tim

Tim wrote:

> The question is, IS there a limit, or was this just an anomaly on my
system?

If there is a limit, you would be the first ever in this group to
report it. I have about 200 aircraft types installed, with the number
of variations of these aircraft probably exceeding 1,000, and I do not
have any problems with what appears and what doesn't.

Normally, there usually is one of three reasons that I know that cause
aircraft not to appear. They are:

1) aircraft_type = 1 in the *.air file
2) UI values not set in the aircraft.cfg
3) duplicate {fltsim.x} key values mistakenly used in the aircraft.cfg
file

--
Peter

Tim wrote:

> Hmm, OK thanks for that -

How many aircraft do you have installed?

--
Peter

Tim

Beech45Whiskey wrote:
> Tim wrote:
>
>> The question is, IS there a limit, or was this just an anomaly on my
>> system?
>
> If there is a limit, you would be the first ever in this group to
> report it. I have about 200 aircraft types installed, with the number
> of variations of these aircraft probably exceeding 1,000, and I do not
> have any problems with what appears and what doesn't.
>
> Normally, there usually is one of three reasons that I know that cause
> aircraft not to appear. They are:
>
> 1) aircraft_type = 1 in the *.air file
> 2) UI values not set in the aircraft.cfg
> 3) duplicate {fltsim.x} key values mistakenly used in the
> aircraft.cfg file

Hmm, OK thanks for that - the reason I thought it might be too many a/c was
because when I deleted one, the new one then showed up fine. For info, it
was a completely different type to the deleted one too...I didn't change
anything in the new a/c files.

Head scratching continues..........