Lexmark X73 is MORE than a multi-function machine!!

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.multifunctions,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

And here are the multi functions....

(a) - It's a doorstop
(b) - It's a paperweight
(c) - It's a boat anchor
(d) - It's great for wiping the mud off your shoes

There you have it! DEFINITELY a multi-function machine!! If only it
would... uh... PRINT consistently!! I guess that's too much to ask, eh.

Fred
4 answers Last reply
More about lexmark multi function machine
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.multifunctions,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    Hey Fred what's up with your printer mate?
    Got a problem with it?
    What's up with it anyway?
    Did you go to www.fixyourownprinter.com & politely ask for help?
    Start off with the rubbish you've been posting here & you'll get no help
    though.

    "BruceM" (bruce9950@@hotmail.com) writes:
    > Hey Fred what's up with your printer mate?
    > Got a problem with it?
    > What's up with it anyway?
    > Did you go to www.fixyourownprinter.com & politely ask for help?
    > Start off with the rubbish you've been posting here & you'll get no help
    > though.

    He's a multi-function troll and wouldn't know a polite question if it bit
    him.

    Brendan

    --
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.multifunctions,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

    "BruceM" <bruce9950@@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hey Fred what's up with your printer mate?
    > Got a problem with it?
    > What's up with it anyway?
    > Did you go to www.fixyourownprinter.com & politely ask for help?
    > Start off with the rubbish you've been posting here & you'll get no help
    > though.

    Thanks, Bruce, for giving me this site!! I just posted the message below
    there.

    The printer itself is fine, and there are always problems with devices. The
    big deal here is... Lexmark's tech support has been absolutely worthless.
    The box says "Win98SE" right on it yet there evidently is a problem with the
    driver(?). In any case, Lexmark is of no help with this.

    Subject: Lexmark X73 - User intervention errors

    Thanks to BruceM for referring me to this forum!

    Hello folks!

    This is a fine printer - no problem with the hardware or print quality, but
    I'm having a repeating problem...

    I am using it with a USB connection and Windows 98SE. Here's the jist of
    it....

    If I turn the computer on with the USB cable connected to the printer, I
    also get "User intervention required" error when trying to print.

    Clearning, disconnecting cables - nothing solves this problem except
    powering down the computer, disconnecting the USB cable, power up,
    re-connect the cable. This works 90% or more of the time.

    Anyone see this problem with Win98SE and know how to solve it? I went around
    with Lexmark tech support, reinstalling this and that, but nothing ever
    seems to fix the problem.

    If you post, please copy me at lexmark8792@yahoo.com.

    Thanks.

    Fred

    Dum ass.

    "Brendan R. Wehrung" <ck183@FreeNet.Carleton.CA> wrote in message

    > "BruceM" (bruce9950@@hotmail.com) writes:
    > > Hey Fred what's up with your printer mate?
    > > Got a problem with it?
    > > What's up with it anyway?
    > > Did you go to www.fixyourownprinter.com & politely ask for help?
    > > Start off with the rubbish you've been posting here & you'll get no help
    > > though.
    > >

    > He's a multi-function troll and wouldn't know a polite question if it bit
    > him.
    >
    > Brendan
    >

    > > "Fred" <testing@testing1212mouse.com> wrote in message
    > >> And here are the multi functions....
    > >>
    > >> (a) - It's a doorstop
    > >> (b) - It's a paperweight
    > >> (c) - It's a boat anchor
    > >> (d) - It's great for wiping the mud off your shoes
    > >>
    > >> There you have it! DEFINITELY a multi-function machine!! If only it
    > >> would... uh... PRINT consistently!! I guess that's too much to ask,
    eh.

    > >> Fred

Printers Lexmark Peripherals