Lexmark X73 is MORE than a multi-function machine!!

fred

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.multifunctions,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

And here are the multi functions....

(a) - It's a doorstop
(b) - It's a paperweight
(c) - It's a boat anchor
(d) - It's great for wiping the mud off your shoes

There you have it! DEFINITELY a multi-function machine!! If only it
would... uh... PRINT consistently!! I guess that's too much to ask, eh.

Fred

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.multifunctions,comp.periphs.printers (More info?)

Hey Fred what's up with your printer mate?
Got a problem with it?
What's up with it anyway?
Did you go to www.fixyourownprinter.com & politely ask for help?
Start off with the rubbish you've been posting here & you'll get no help
though.

"BruceM" (bruce9950@@hotmail.com) writes:
> Hey Fred what's up with your printer mate?
> Got a problem with it?
> What's up with it anyway?
> Did you go to www.fixyourownprinter.com & politely ask for help?
> Start off with the rubbish you've been posting here & you'll get no help
> though.

He's a multi-function troll and wouldn't know a polite question if it bit
him.

Brendan

--

"BruceM" <bruce9950@@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hey Fred what's up with your printer mate?
> Got a problem with it?
> What's up with it anyway?
> Did you go to www.fixyourownprinter.com & politely ask for help?
> Start off with the rubbish you've been posting here & you'll get no help
> though.

Thanks, Bruce, for giving me this site!! I just posted the message below
there.

The printer itself is fine, and there are always problems with devices. The
big deal here is... Lexmark's tech support has been absolutely worthless.
The box says "Win98SE" right on it yet there evidently is a problem with the
driver(?). In any case, Lexmark is of no help with this.

Subject: Lexmark X73 - User intervention errors

Thanks to BruceM for referring me to this forum!

Hello folks!

This is a fine printer - no problem with the hardware or print quality, but
I'm having a repeating problem...

I am using it with a USB connection and Windows 98SE. Here's the jist of
it....

If I turn the computer on with the USB cable connected to the printer, I
also get "User intervention required" error when trying to print.

Clearning, disconnecting cables - nothing solves this problem except
powering down the computer, disconnecting the USB cable, power up,
re-connect the cable. This works 90% or more of the time.

Anyone see this problem with Win98SE and know how to solve it? I went around
with Lexmark tech support, reinstalling this and that, but nothing ever
seems to fix the problem.

If you post, please copy me at lexmark8792@yahoo.com.

Thanks.

Fred