VPN Browsing W2K

Last response: in Networking
January 18, 2005 4:33:17 AM

We are abe to connect via a VPN connection to our server, but we cannot
browse the shares.

What are we missing?

BTW - There is a Sonicwall firewall in the loop, but we are connecting to
the server, I can see the connections in the RAS manager.

TIA

More about : vpn browsing w2k

Anonymous
January 18, 2005 10:19:31 AM

wolffboy wrote:
> We are abe to connect via a VPN connection to our server, but we cannot
> browse the shares.
>
> What are we missing?
>
> BTW - There is a Sonicwall firewall in the loop, but we are connecting to
> the server, I can see the connections in the RAS manager.
>
> TIA

Since you failed to mention any attempt at troubleshooting or any
technical details then I will simply refer you to this website where you
will find many articles related to network browsing over a WAN, subnet,
or VPN connection.

http://unknownegg.org/tech/

--
WARNING! Email address has been altered for spam resistance.
Mike Drechsler (mike-newsgroup@-deletethispart-.upcraft.com)

Net bios broadcast are not forwarded past your VPN concentrator. You
need to either configure you VPN server to configure the VPN clients
with the DNS address or WINS server address of you Domain. Either of
these should solve you problem depending on how your domain is
configured.
!