porno popup

Anybody knows how to get rid of the pornopopups that
comes any time I open my explorer? Quite often they pop
up also while working. I have tried to remove all
suspect probrams but they seem to come back in
explorer the next day.
any idieas?
7 answers Last reply
More about porno popup

    SpyBot S&D www.safer-networking.org
    Ad-Aware www.lavasoftusa.com
    There are other programs that may stop this, but these are
    places to start.

    "andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:065501c48e80$87cb1d10$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    | Anybody knows how to get rid of the pornopopups that
    | comes any time I open my explorer? Quite often they pop
    | up also while working. I have tried to remove all
    | suspect probrams but they seem to come back in
    | explorer the next day.
    | any idieas?

    You have been invaded. Make sure you have a good firewall working and virus
    protection scanning regularly and follow the following guidelines I borrowed
    from another post elsewhere.
    To deal with issues caused by any sort of "adware" and/or
    "spyware,"such as Gator, Comet Cursors, Smiley Central, Xupiter,
    Bonzai Buddy, or KaZaA, and their remnants, that you've deliberately
    (but without understanding the consequences) installed, two free products
    that are quite effective (at finding and removing this type of
    scumware) are Ad-Aware SE from http://www.lavasoft.de and SpyBot Search &
    Destroy from http://www.safer-networking.org/ . Both have free versions.
    It's even possible to use SpyBot Search & Destroy to "immunize" your
    system against most future intrusions. You could also use McAfee's free
    Stinger removal tool available at http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/ I use all
    and generally
    perform manual scans every day or so to clean out cookies, etc.
    Browser HiJack blaster is another excellent free product which just sits
    there guarding your PC available at
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/bhblaster.html
    Additionally, manual removal instructions for the most common
    varieties of scumware are available here:

    PC Hell Spyware and Adware Removal Help
    http://www.pchell.com/support/spyware.shtml

    More information and assistance is available at these sites:

    Blocking Ads, Parasites, and Hijackers with a Hosts File
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

    The Parasite Fight
    http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

    Invest in a good firewall and virus protection

    --
    Peter.
    Toronto, Canada.
    "andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Anybody knows how to get rid of the pornopopups that
    > comes any time I open my explorer? Quite often they pop
    > up also while working. I have tried to remove all
    > suspect probrams but they seem to come back in
    > explorer the next day.
    > any idieas?

    You may want to look at the information here on spyware and other parasites
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Anybody knows how to get rid of the pornopopups that
    > comes any time I open my explorer? Quite often they pop
    > up also while working. I have tried to remove all
    > suspect probrams but they seem to come back in
    > explorer the next day.
    > any idieas?

    I had the same problem .I went to the microsoft catalogs and downloaded a
    utility suite. I have found that system mechanic 4 pro is a wonderful tool
    for resolving virus and malware issues

    "Harry Ohrn" wrote:

    > You may want to look at the information here on spyware and other parasites
    > http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    >
    > --
    >
    > Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    > www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
    >

    > "andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Anybody knows how to get rid of the pornopopups that
    > > comes any time I open my explorer? Quite often they pop
    > > up also while working. I have tried to remove all
    > > suspect probrams but they seem to come back in
    > > explorer the next day.
    > > any idieas?

    Greetings --

    When visiting porn sites, always be careful not to download/install
    their "free" viewers. You'll get more than expected, every time. To
    repair the current situation, uninstall the "viewer(s)" provided and
    then use Ad-Aware from www.lavasoft.de and SpyBot Search and Destroy
    from www.safer-networking.org/ to clean up any residue. Both have
    free versions for personal use.

    You should also try using MSConfig to see if something is being
    started each time you reboot.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310560

    Additionally, Look in the C:\Documents and Settings\All
    Users\Start Menu\Programs\Start Up and C:\Documents and
    Settings\username\Start Menu\Programs\Start Up folders, and in the
    system registry, primarily in the
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and
    HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run keys.

    Additionally, manual removal instructions for the most common
    varieties of scumware are available here:

    PC Hell Spyware and Adware Removal Help
    http://www.pchell.com/support/spyware.shtml

    More information and assistance is available at these sites:

    Blocking Ads, Parasites, and Hijackers with a Hosts File
    http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

    The Parasite Fight
    http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

    Bruce Chambers
    --
    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    having both at once. - RAH

    "andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Anybody knows how to get rid of the pornopopups that
    > comes any time I open my explorer? Quite often they pop
    > up also while working. I have tried to remove all
    > suspect probrams but they seem to come back in
    > explorer the next day.
    > any idieas?

    Please follow these steps in order to clean your computer of Malware which
    can include Viruses, Trojans, Worms, Spyware, Hijackers and Dialers.

    Step 1:
    Download Spybot and Adaware from the following locations and install them.
    You should run both programs and clean up what it finds. This is to
    gaurantee that you find the most malware you can installed on your computer.

    Before running the scans on both programs, it is mandatory that you update
    the programs. There are update options in each program when you run them.

    Spybot
    http://www.safer-networking.org/index.php?page=download

    Ad-Aware

    If you would like to learn more about how to use these two programs with the
    proper settings you can read the tutorials below:

    AD-AWARE Tutorial
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtutorial=48

    SPYBOT SEARCH AND DESTROY Tutorial
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtutorial=43

    When you scan with both programs, fix everything that it finds.

    When you are done with the scan and fixing the items. Please continue with
    the next step.

    Step 2:

    It is important that you run Spybot and Adaware before you proceed with this
    step. Fixing enties with Hijackthis may leave behind unwanted files on your
    computer if the previous step was not done first.

    Create a directory on your hardrive to save HijackThis.exe. A directory
    like c:\hijackthis. If you do not do this, you will not be able to use the
    backup/restore features.

    Download HijackThis from:

    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/hijackthis.zip

    Save this file into the directory you made previously and then run the
    program. Click on the Scan button and when it is finished click on the Save
    Log button. A Notepad window will open with the contents of this log. Click
    on Edit then click on Select all. Then click on Edit and then Click on
    Copy.

    Register an account at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com and post this created
    log into the Hijackthis Logs forum at that site. To do this, once you are
    registered, create a new post, right click in message area and select paste
    to paste the log into the post.

    An expert will reply to you after reading this post. DO NOT fix any entries
    unless you are absolutely sure you know what you are doing as you may cause
    more damage to the system

    To see a tutorial on using HijackThis you can click on the link below.

    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtutorial=42

    --
    Lawrence Abrams
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com
    "andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Anybody knows how to get rid of the pornopopups that
    > comes any time I open my explorer? Quite often they pop
    > up also while working. I have tried to remove all
    > suspect probrams but they seem to come back in
    > explorer the next day.
    > any idieas?

Explorer Microsoft Windows XP