Can anyone help me find a compatible hard drive?

hubbardt

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004
Your PC case should have several 3.5" bays (above your floppy disk probably) where the disk you bought should snugly fit into. All you have to do is slip the drive into the bay and secure it with screws.

If you do not have any 3.5" bays left (unlikely) then you can attach some mounting rails to your disk and put it into a 5.25" bay (the bigger ones, like the one where your CD/DVD is in).

Example of mounting rails

fainis

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2006
be very carefull ..... same sata 2 hdds do not work with that card of your .... hdds like xxxxjs from wd do not work with sata 1 but strangely same do...it a matter of jumpers ... watch the label of the hdd they have spread spectrum ... and if you see sata 1 compatibility it`s ok.......i`ve seen two identical hdds (the same serial and stuff ex wd2000js) but with different labels and jumber table...i guess there are also different electronics.....this problems occured to me on nf3 and nf4 mobos
i didn`t noticed any problems with seagate sata2 hdds

Cerberus91

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
It fits into the bay perfectly, but these this thing that came with it that links the hard drive to the motherboard (It has some black film-like material in between it with two slots at the end that connects to it.) It doesn't fit in the hard drive.
Fainis: Any hard drive that works with my motherboard and has 100GB or more, but less than 200. :p