PSU for an ANTEC P180 case

mthomas99

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
Hi,

I have ordered this case and was wondering what Power supply I should get to reach my ASUS A8N-SLI Premium.

I wanted to know if you thought that this PSU Would be able to reach the 24pin and 12v cables for the ASUS SLI premium 939 mobo?:

?[/b]Item=N82E16817104014]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104014

Also, do you think this power supply will be sufficient for this setup? :

ASUS A8N-SLI premium
AMD 64 3700+ San Diego Core
eVGA 6800GS CO SE 450/1050 stock
2x 1GB dual channel OCZ Platinum 2-3-2-5, ddr400
soundblaster audigy 2 zs
1 SATA 3.0gb/s Western Digital 250gb 16mb cache HDD
1 FDD
1 LG Dual Layer DVD burner

Also is it easy to route the cables underneat the motherboard platform in this case?

tilliz

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2006
I´ve got P180 and A8N-Sli Premium with Seasonic S12-600. I recommend that psu. It´s quiet and stable in any use...

RocketRobin

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
My favorite PSU is the PC Power and Cooling 850W SSI. It's voltage regulation is spot on, DC output is super flat, it's efficiency is unsurpassed and it's exceptionally quiet. Even when running highly overclocked SLI, or Ceasefire rigs I've never heard the PSU fan kick in. I've built a lot of PC configurations in my lab and the 850 SSI is far the best PSU I have ever used.
I have never had a PC Power and Cooling PSU fail, during normal operations. I did manage to kill one by exceeding it's rated operational parameters. On reporting to them about the failure they offered an RMA replacement (which I declined)!
Professionally (when working with high performance products) using anything less than an 850 SSI is a gross misuse of corporate funding. In higher echelon testing, the stability it provides is invaluable.
Personally, it's the first thing on my shopping list for a new PC build. The fact that its quiet and burns less energy than other PSUs goes a long way for me.
Unfortunately, I have to give the price one thumb down. On the surface this is not an "accountant friendly" PSU. IMO, the efficiency gain is such that it would probably take a year of 24/7 gaming to pay for the cash outlay difference of a lesser unit. If you're overclocking high end equipment and produce a spreadsheet for computing capacity VS dollars spent on performance semiconductors, then the 850 SSI could be viewed as a veritable cash windfall.

TRENDING THREADS