Post SP2 problems

Hi,
I installed SP2 on to a Presario 905 USA and have experienced nothing but
major, major problems.
I reverted back to SP1 and the problems still remain.
My only hope and luck is that I backed up my system just before installing
SP2.
I am considering wiping out my c drive and re-installing XP then restoring
the information off my backup drive.
I used norton ghost to backup the drive.
So, here is my question...
Which command should I use to clean the drive so that I can re-install XP?
thanks,
GV

Not a problem: The XP CD formats the drive as part of the process of
installation. In fact, it even checks/creates the partition for you. Just
boot from the CD.
Possible Caveat: Pay attention to the screen prompts. If XP's already
installed on C:, the install -might- (more like will) try to install to
drive D:. Don't remember the exact text, but you CAN change that back to
C:. I know one person backed up to D and wasn't watching: It installed XP
on the D drive. Couldn't understand that until I came across it myself.

Pop

"GValleyInFL" <flhuskrs@gte.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I installed SP2 on to a Presario 905 USA and have experienced nothing but
> major, major problems.
> I reverted back to SP1 and the problems still remain.
> My only hope and luck is that I backed up my system just before installing
> SP2.
> I am considering wiping out my c drive and re-installing XP then restoring
> the information off my backup drive.
> I used norton ghost to backup the drive.
> So, here is my question...
> Which command should I use to clean the drive so that I can re-install XP?
> thanks,
> GV

Norton Ghost is imaging software and creates an image file. When you
restore that image to a partition it replaces the current partition and all
its contents.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

GValleyInFL wrote:
> Hi,
> I installed SP2 on to a Presario 905 USA and have experienced nothing
> but major, major problems.
> I reverted back to SP1 and the problems still remain.
> My only hope and luck is that I backed up my system just before
> installing SP2.
> I am considering wiping out my c drive and re-installing XP then
> restoring the information off my backup drive.
> I used norton ghost to backup the drive.
> So, here is my question...
> Which command should I use to clean the drive so that I can
> re-install XP? thanks,
> GV

How did you restore the system to pre-SP2. I had big problems and used
<add/remove programs> in control panel and then after the reboot used the
System Restore point that was created at the start of the SP2 install. All
was OK after that process.
Rod