Colour cast with HP printer

I have an HP Deskjet 690C printer (Windows XP SP2). I don't very often use
the colour option, but when I do the prints have a distinct reddish cast
that completely spoils the results. Thinking that the cartridge might be at
fault I have installed a brand new one, but the result is exactly the same.
I have confirmed by on-line automatic link with HP that I have the correct
current printer driver installed. Unfortunately HP no longer provide support
for the 690C so I can't ask them to advise. Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks. John

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003