Recommended PSU for ATI X1900XT???

Hey folks,

I'm planning on purchasing an ATI X1900XT and I've read that a 450W PSU or greater is recommended. I'm currently using an Antec 430W TruePower 2.0 PSU and was wondering if that's adequate enough. Does anyone else have luck using a PSU below the recommendation? Thanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about recommended x1900xt
  1. you should buy a PSU that has +30A on his 12V rails !!
    i dont exactly the Brand , maybe some one else can :D
  2. Check my sig... and I'm surviving.... at this stage.

You have a dual 12V rail PSU which can peak at 34A. Guess it's enough, but if you have a high end CPU, lots o RAM and lots of HDD, then you should get 450W and higher.
  3. Quote:
    Check my sig... and I'm surviving.... at this stage.

You have a dual 12V rail PSU which can peak at 34A. Guess it's enough, but if you have a high end CPU, lots o RAM and lots of HDD, then you should get 450W and higher.

Thanks Vokofpolisiekar. It's definitely reassuring that you and I have the same PSU so hopefully it'll have enough juice for the X1900XT I'm going to invest in.
  4. 30A !!!! think that should be 30mA thought i'll add that as the price of electric in the uk costs a fortune, and i dont want peps selling there beloved pc's thinking it cost a fortune to run .... just a fortune to buy and upgrade :)
  5. my bro is running an x1900xtx with s-ata raid ant the usual components on a 400W PSU without any probs so a 450W shall do.
  6. I would still like to know what a fully loaded system, according to ATI, actually means??
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Truepower Antec ATI Graphics