abit IC7-MAX3

zenge

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
I'm thinking of buying this board but used. found board and P43.0 and 2x512 DDR 400 Kingmax for around 300$, is it too much?
Also I read a rewiev of this board and it says that there were some difficulties with instaling a BOX Intel heatsink. I would buy Zalman 7xxx series, would it fit, does anyone have this board, any suggestions!

Current config.
Gigabyte board i845E 266MHz DDR
2x256 RAM
P41.8
recently bought GF 6600GT agp, so this would be temporary upgrade so I dont have to waste the graphich card.

The Abit IC7 series are nice boards, some of Abit's best...and $300 for the set up is a fair price...agree, get rid of the kingmax and go with OCZ or Corsair value ram, something with at least a CAS 2.5...I have an IC7 runniing a P4 2.4Ghz and with the Zalman AlCu 7xxx cooling it...aside from the Intel heatsink just being big, bulky, and loud, the Zalman was easier to install and very quiet...Shhhh...do you hear that? Neither do I...

I think the Skt478 P4's running on a 875 chipset has been one of Intels better products...go for it...it's good...you'll like it...

Cochise

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2005
I would buy Zalman 7xxx series, would it fit, does anyone have this board, any suggestions!

I've got an IC7-G Max II in one of my rigs with a P4 3.2e also with a Zalman 7000 HSF.... very nice and haven't had any real problems at all. I've got plenty of room but that may depend on your case also.

BTW: I also recommend the OCZ.

TRENDING THREADS