SP2 location?

pop

I've been wondering: SP2 is SO huge, now that I have it installed and all
works fine, does it exist anywhere on the drive so it can be pulled out and
separated for archive? NOW I wish I hadn't used the auto update function.
Hate to have to redownload the huge ah heck again if I don't have to! I've
tried searching for it but can't find it, if it exists in one piece (image?)

Pop

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:53:30 -0400, "Pop" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote:
>I've been wondering: SP2 is SO huge, now that I have it installed and all
>works fine, does it exist anywhere on the drive so it can be pulled out and
>separated for archive? NOW I wish I hadn't used the auto update function.
>Hate to have to redownload the huge ah heck again if I don't have to! I've
>tried searching for it but can't find it, if it exists in one piece (image?)

Order a FREE version on CD from Microsoft
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

SP2 is fully integrated thruout many places, it updates lots of iles and puts
in new application, its better to back up the entire drive on the same drive
or differnt
drive if you want to back it all up, sp1 has been backed up by sp 2 in the
windows file, ect.

Pop wrote:
> I've been wondering: SP2 is SO huge, now that I have it installed and all
> works fine, does it exist anywhere on the drive so it can be pulled out and
> separated for archive? NOW I wish I hadn't used the auto update function.
> Hate to have to redownload the huge ah heck again if I don't have to! I've
> tried searching for it but can't find it, if it exists in one piece (image?)
>
> Pop

Bad news. If you are autoupdating, you don't have the full update yet.
You have two more huge downloads to go. (Microsoft seperated the
download into three seperate parts. The entire download is 272MB.)

Good news. You can order the complete SP2 online from Microsoft for
absolutely free (amazing, isn't it--and from Microsoft).

Finally, you can download the network install (same update--but full
version) from Microsoft also. That way, you can slipstream the update
into your copy of XP and make an XP CD with Service Pack 2 already on
it. You will then be able to do a full install of XP with SP2 included
already. This will also be the CD you would use if XP ever asks you to
insert the CD.

courtney sends....

Win XP SP2 is 109MB,,,size I installed thru windowsupdate, You can go to
Staples and get a free cd Win XP SP2 , I got mine on Sunday,,Customer Service
,, why wait?

"Rho_1r" wrote:

> SP2 is fully integrated thruout many places, it updates lots of iles and puts
> in new application, its better to back up the entire drive on the same drive
> or differnt
> drive if you want to back it all up, sp1 has been backed up by sp 2 in the
> windows file, ect.
>
> "Pop" wrote:
>
> > I've been wondering: SP2 is SO huge, now that I have it installed and all
> > works fine, does it exist anywhere on the drive so it can be pulled out and
> > separated for archive? NOW I wish I hadn't used the auto update function.
> > Hate to have to redownload the huge ah heck again if I don't have to! I've
> > tried searching for it but can't find it, if it exists in one piece (image?)
> >
> > Pop

johnf

Not correct. The full XP2 is 266MB.
If you do it through Update, it checks your system & doesn't download
Crirical Updates you already have.

--

johnf

> Win XP SP2 is 109MB,,,size I installed thru windowsupdate, You can go to
> Staples and get a free cd Win XP SP2 , I got mine on Sunday,,Customer
> Service ,, why wait?
>
> "Rho_1r" wrote:
>
>> SP2 is fully integrated thruout many places, it updates lots of iles
>> and puts in new application, its better to back up the entire drive on
>> the same drive or differnt
>> drive if you want to back it all up, sp1 has been backed up by sp 2 in
>> the windows file, ect.
>>
>> "Pop" wrote:
>>
>>> I've been wondering: SP2 is SO huge, now that I have it installed
>>> and all works fine, does it exist anywhere on the drive so it can be
>>> pulled out and separated for archive? NOW I wish I hadn't used the
>>> auto update function. Hate to have to redownload the huge ah heck
>>> again if I don't have to! I've tried searching for it but can't find
>>> it, if it exists in one piece (image?)
>>>
>>> Pop

ME

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:35:41 +1000, "johnf"
<john_f@bigREMOVEpond.net.au> wrote:

>Not correct. The full XP2 is 266MB.

The version I down loaded from the MS site is 276MB

>If you do it through Update, it checks your system & doesn't download
>Crirical Updates you already have.
>
>--
>
>johnf
>
>> Win XP SP2 is 109MB,,,size I installed thru windowsupdate, You can go to
>> Staples and get a free cd Win XP SP2 , I got mine on Sunday,,Customer
>> Service ,, why wait?
>>
>> "Rho_1r" wrote:
>>
>>> SP2 is fully integrated thruout many places, it updates lots of iles
>>> and puts in new application, its better to back up the entire drive on
>>> the same drive or differnt
>>> drive if you want to back it all up, sp1 has been backed up by sp 2 in
>>> the windows file, ect.

johnf

Depends which figures you look at in Properties.
The full I.T.version (WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU) is 266MB/278,927,592 bytes

--

johnf