Spectrum Fan Card

Krazedhermit

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2002
Gotta couple of questions. First. My case is a Xaser III full tower and has seven case fans. Now. I was using a Vantec Spectrum PCI Fan Card, but the noise eventually just drove me to drinking. So I decided to pull it out.

Now. The questions are. Seeing how my ATI 9800xt video card has a Silencer cooling system on it, is this card needed? When the fan card was installed it was on the bottom most PCI slot, below the Sound card. So it wasn't even cooling the video card.

Secondly. Would this card, seeing how it can affect ambient temperatures inside the case and where it was inside my case cause my processor to be cooler as well by a degree or two?

That's about it! Thanks in advance for the answers. If you don't understand the questions just reply, I haven't had any sleep so my thoughts are jumbled a bit.

Godiva

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2004
Are you asking if you should take out your 9800xt? If you are do not do it, the silencer is very quiet, and a graphics card is always good in a computer.

Krazedhermit

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2002
Uh. No. I'm asking if the Spectrum Fan Card is actually worth leaving in there. Does it really do that much considering it's on the very bottom of my computer and it is only cooling my sound card.

TRENDING THREADS