Linksys to Linksys VPN - Established, but no traffic flows

I have succesfully created a VPN Tunnel using a Linksys BEFVP41
and a Linksys BEFSX41.

The Work (BEFVP41) subnet is 10.1.1.0/255.255.255.0
The remote (BEFSX41) subnet is 10.1.2.0/255.255.255.0

Inside the web interface on either side it says the VPN is
connected, however I can't get traffic to pass through. I have
opened up the Remote secure group to ANY on both sides, and the
local secure group is the entire respective subnet.

Once the VPN says it is connected I can ping the remote router,
boths internally and externally. (10.1.1.202 and the Public IP
both ping) The internet funsctions as normal, but all other
requests for the work subnet fail. I can't ping any other host
on the work network, nor do any applications that look for
10.1.1.1 find this host.

Am I missing something? Do I have to add any entries to the
routing table of the remote host?

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:36:07 GMT, kreedy@ihatespam.com (Kevin) wrote:

>I have succesfully created a VPN Tunnel using a Linksys BEFVP41
>and a Linksys BEFSX41.
>
>The Work (BEFVP41) subnet is 10.1.1.0/255.255.255.0
>The remote (BEFSX41) subnet is 10.1.2.0/255.255.255.0
>
>Inside the web interface on either side it says the VPN is
>connected, however I can't get traffic to pass through. I have
>opened up the Remote secure group to ANY on both sides, and the
>local secure group is the entire respective subnet.
>
>Once the VPN says it is connected I can ping the remote router,
>boths internally and externally. (10.1.1.202 and the Public IP
>both ping) The internet funsctions as normal, but all other
>requests for the work subnet fail. I can't ping any other host
>on the work network, nor do any applications that look for
>10.1.1.1 find this host.
>
>Am I missing something? Do I have to add any entries to the
>routing table of the remote host?

Look at www.linksys.com into they new knowledge base.
First follow the technical instructions link and read static-to-static
section. (In fact you can't use ANY -- just to specify remote secure
group as the opposite LAN, and the Securite Gateway as the opposite
WAN).

Then return to knowledge base and read answer # 356 (in advenced VPN
settings check the "NetBios Broadcast" option.

Cheers
Tomek

Thanks for the tips, but the problem ended up being a routing
issue. I added a static route to the remote subnet, using the
local VPN Host as the gateway, and the pings went through fine.

I don't think I'll need Netbios traffic to pass through, it is for
VoIP phones, so IP address resolution is fine.