SLI buggy in SLI compatable games?

Phear

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
I recently purchased a new system containing the new MSI k8n diamond plus mobo, 2 gigs of corsair memory, an AMD 3800+ x2 processor, and 2 7800GT graphics cards.

Overall I am pretty satisfied, but I have noticed some strange problems with certain games that Nvidia has classyfied as compatable SLI games. The games in question are Call of Duty 2, and Fear.

The problem is that, for whatever reason, when i play single player mode cod2 hangs on the load screen and gets stuck in an infinite loop; completly hosing my system. However, it plays completly flawless in muliplayer mode... and yes I do have the most recent driver updates for both the 7800GT video card and cod2 (drivers released mid feb. 2006). Fear on the otherhand will completly bug out everytime there is a cut scene. The pixles turn into all kinds of different colors and shapes, initiating yet another pc hard reset.

I'v tried just about every update possible, mobo updates, game updates, graphics card updates, etc. Nothing seems to work and I am clueless as to why its only these games. Every other game seems to be playing flawlessly for the most part. Starting to wonder if its the mobo related problem. Maybe I just need to wait for new SLI and mobo update drivers? The mobo is still reltively new so there was not a whole lot of updates if any for it.

Anyone else having the same or similar problems? If so I would like to hear any fixes you had to do, if it is even fixable.

Dissolved

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
FEAR gives me buggy problems as well. I run 3700+ SanDiego, ASUS A8N-SLI deluxe and Dual 6600GTs in SLI. I downloaded both demos and the game ran fine. I then upgraded from the 7x.xx drivers from nvidia to the 8x.xx drivers. I then bought the game and it would not even boot up. It just froze in a loop. I called tech support and they suggested I ran the game in combatability for Windows 2000. Could try that though. I think FEAR does not take hapily to the new 8x.xx drivers from Nvidia.

Phear

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Also having problems with warcraft 3. It runs in constant crappy FPS; usually around 10 or less, and everytime i try to scroll it moves to 1 of the four corners on the map. Is there an option i can turn on in the graphics settings control pannel? Theres a lot of options to turn on and off, but i am a mere novice in graphic settings and i have not a clue what all these different terms mean.