help me decide on a video card

I'm wanting to get a better graphics card so I can see the deatails
better for fs2004. My comp is one I built myself. Athalon XP 2800
512meg pc3200 running in dual channel and my current card is a Radeon®
VE a.k.a Radeon 7000 DUAL DISPLAY EDITION it only has 32meg of ram.
So I want a champain video card on a beer budget so I am shopping ebay
for it.

Im thinking:
ATI RADEON 9250 128MB Video Card
Geforce FX5500 256MB Dual Head Video Card
ATI SAPPHIRE RADEON 9250 256MB DDR AGP 8X TV-OUT Video Card
GEFORCE FX5200 256MB 8X 3D VIDEO CARD
ATI Radeon 9550 256Mb DDR ram VIDEO CARD (this one may be out of my
range)

anyone using any of these?

Thanks,
Chris
8 answers Last reply
More about help decide video card

    Thanks Petebert,

    I have looked at all the above mentioned cards on there but what I was
    really looking for was real users using them and running FS2004.

    I think Im going to get the Radeon 9550 though.

    Chris

    hey Dude,

    you should dig around http://www.tomshardware.com/index.html

    and check this out
    http://www.community.tomshardware.com/forum/showflat.m?Cat=&Board=comp_graphics&Number=505591&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5

    "Dude" <chris.holub@gmail.com> wrote in message
    I'm wanting to get a better graphics card so I can see the deatails
    better for fs2004. My comp is one I built myself. Athalon XP 2800
    512meg pc3200 running in dual channel and my current card is a Radeon®
    VE a.k.a Radeon 7000 DUAL DISPLAY EDITION it only has 32meg of ram.
    So I want a champain video card on a beer budget so I am shopping ebay
    for it.

    Im thinking:
    ATI RADEON 9250 128MB Video Card
    Geforce FX5500 256MB Dual Head Video Card
    ATI SAPPHIRE RADEON 9250 256MB DDR AGP 8X TV-OUT Video Card
    GEFORCE FX5200 256MB 8X 3D VIDEO CARD
    ATI Radeon 9550 256Mb DDR ram VIDEO CARD (this one may be out of my
    range)

    anyone using any of these?

    Thanks,
    Chris

    I prefer the Matrox Parhelia 128 or better still, 256 over any of those.
    Champagne prices though :-)

    But you get to view three screens.

    Cheers,

    Quilly

    An individual reply goes into my spam filter

    On 20 May 2005 02:00:01 -0700, "Dude" <chris.holub@gmail.com> wrote:

    >I'm wanting to get a better graphics card so I can see the deatails
    >better for fs2004. My comp is one I built myself. Athalon XP 2800
    >512meg pc3200 running in dual channel and my current card is a Radeon®
    >VE a.k.a Radeon 7000 DUAL DISPLAY EDITION it only has 32meg of ram.
    >So I want a champain video card on a beer budget so I am shopping ebay
    >for it.
    >
    >Im thinking:
    >ATI RADEON 9250 128MB Video Card
    >Geforce FX5500 256MB Dual Head Video Card
    >ATI SAPPHIRE RADEON 9250 256MB DDR AGP 8X TV-OUT Video Card
    >GEFORCE FX5200 256MB 8X 3D VIDEO CARD
    >ATI Radeon 9550 256Mb DDR ram VIDEO CARD (this one may be out of my
    >range)
    >

    >anyone using any of these?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Chris

    I use a Nvidia GT6800 256 Meg card. Works very well in a pretty
    intensive application.

    "Dude" <chris.holub@gmail.com> wrote :

    > GEFORCE FX5200 256MB 8X 3D VIDEO CARD

    my 2c

    this might be of interest
    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/2004-27gpu2_26.html

    > Thanks Petebert,
    >
    > I have looked at all the above mentioned cards on there but what I was
    > really looking for was real users using them and running FS2004.
    >
    > I think Im going to get the Radeon 9550 though.
    >
    > Chris

    Hey thanks thats some good info there

    Chris

    Thats good info but I really cant afford those cards either but thanks
    anyways.

    Chris

Graphics Cards Video Radeon Video Games