help me decide on a video card

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 20, 2005 6:00:01 AM

I'm wanting to get a better graphics card so I can see the deatails
better for fs2004. My comp is one I built myself. Athalon XP 2800
512meg pc3200 running in dual channel and my current card is a Radeon®
VE a.k.a Radeon 7000 DUAL DISPLAY EDITION it only has 32meg of ram.
So I want a champain video card on a beer budget so I am shopping ebay
for it.

Im thinking:
ATI RADEON 9250 128MB Video Card
Geforce FX5500 256MB Dual Head Video Card
ATI SAPPHIRE RADEON 9250 256MB DDR AGP 8X TV-OUT Video Card
GEFORCE FX5200 256MB 8X 3D VIDEO CARD
ATI Radeon 9550 256Mb DDR ram VIDEO CARD (this one may be out of my
range)

anyone using any of these?

Thanks,
Chris

More about : decide video card

May 20, 2005 12:10:23 PM

Thanks Petebert,

I have looked at all the above mentioned cards on there but what I was
really looking for was real users using them and running FS2004.

I think Im going to get the Radeon 9550 though.

Chris
May 20, 2005 1:14:39 PM

hey Dude,

you should dig around http://www.tomshardware.com/index.html

and check this out
http://www.community.tomshardware.com/forum/showflat.m?...

"Dude" <chris.holub@gmail.com> wrote in message
I'm wanting to get a better graphics card so I can see the deatails
better for fs2004. My comp is one I built myself. Athalon XP 2800
512meg pc3200 running in dual channel and my current card is a Radeon®
VE a.k.a Radeon 7000 DUAL DISPLAY EDITION it only has 32meg of ram.
So I want a champain video card on a beer budget so I am shopping ebay
for it.

Im thinking:
ATI RADEON 9250 128MB Video Card
Geforce FX5500 256MB Dual Head Video Card
ATI SAPPHIRE RADEON 9250 256MB DDR AGP 8X TV-OUT Video Card
GEFORCE FX5200 256MB 8X 3D VIDEO CARD
ATI Radeon 9550 256Mb DDR ram VIDEO CARD (this one may be out of my
range)

anyone using any of these?

Thanks,
Chris
a b U Graphics card
May 20, 2005 1:27:16 PM

I prefer the Matrox Parhelia 128 or better still, 256 over any of those.
Champagne prices though :-)

But you get to view three screens.

Cheers,

Quilly

An individual reply goes into my spam filter
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 20, 2005 3:21:26 PM

On 20 May 2005 02:00:01 -0700, "Dude" <chris.holub@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'm wanting to get a better graphics card so I can see the deatails
>better for fs2004. My comp is one I built myself. Athalon XP 2800
>512meg pc3200 running in dual channel and my current card is a Radeon®
>VE a.k.a Radeon 7000 DUAL DISPLAY EDITION it only has 32meg of ram.
>So I want a champain video card on a beer budget so I am shopping ebay
>for it.
>
>Im thinking:
>ATI RADEON 9250 128MB Video Card
>Geforce FX5500 256MB Dual Head Video Card
>ATI SAPPHIRE RADEON 9250 256MB DDR AGP 8X TV-OUT Video Card
>GEFORCE FX5200 256MB 8X 3D VIDEO CARD
>ATI Radeon 9550 256Mb DDR ram VIDEO CARD (this one may be out of my
>range)
>

>anyone using any of these?
>
>Thanks,
>Chris

I use a Nvidia GT6800 256 Meg card. Works very well in a pretty
intensive application.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
May 20, 2005 3:36:43 PM

"Dude" <chris.holub@gmail.com> wrote :

> GEFORCE FX5200 256MB 8X 3D VIDEO CARD

my 2c
May 20, 2005 3:48:31 PM

this might be of interest
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/2004-27g...

> Thanks Petebert,
>
> I have looked at all the above mentioned cards on there but what I was
> really looking for was real users using them and running FS2004.
>
> I think Im going to get the Radeon 9550 though.
>
> Chris

May 21, 2005 1:30:08 AM

Hey thanks thats some good info there

Chris
May 21, 2005 1:49:59 AM

Thats good info but I really cant afford those cards either but thanks
anyways.

Chris
!