AGP To PCI-Express

I have a new ASUS P4S800D-X Motherboard, with Intel Pentium 4, 2.8ghz
and AGP. I need to know if its possible to install a new PCI-Express Video card onto this motherboard. Are there any adapters that will make this possible?
9 answers Last reply
More about express
  1. Unfortunately not - AGP and PCI express isn't interchangeable - so AGP stays in AGP and PCI express stays in PCI exress - also no adapters available.
  2. Try this.....and if you find one, let me know

http://www.albatron.com.tw/english/it/vga/pro_list.asp
  3. Too bad that's AGP to PCI-E.
  4. Quote:
    I have a new ASUS P4S800D-X Motherboard, with Intel Pentium 4, 2.8ghz
    and AGP. I need to know if its possible to install a new PCI-Express Video card onto this motherboard. Are there any adapters that will make this possible?

HEYYOU27

Thats what it looks like he's asking to me............but, looking a little further, I must have read it wrong. Still, if anybody finds one of these, let me know............pci-e - agp
  5. That card is for using AGP cards into PCI-E slots.
  6. Quote:
    Support for AM2??? What the hell? AM2 has a different physical design than the 939 type, so AM2 will not work on any s939 or 940 mobo.

Yeah it will, the 939dual-SATA2 has a CPU expansion slot.
  7. its a pitty no manafacturers integrate the nvidia or ati bridge on a PCIE board to make a REAL AGP slot on a PCIE board
  8. http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=2706&p=3

Yeah, it's true. I've got one too. It's also on the SLI mobo that Anand tests above: It's the yellow slot. Hopefully someone will do a follow up and see how well that daughter card thingamabob performs with an AM2 cpu. I wouldn't get too excited before seeing a good test. Besides performance, I want to see how well that slot will physically support a cpu with a heavy heatsink. 8O

But the potential support is there anyhow. :roll:
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Pentium Motherboards PCI Express Graphics Product