Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Autogen problem?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 2:29:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

I have just realised that in remote parts of Canada and Oregon, I see
hundreds of what seem to be white or grey rectangular constructions which
look like two large pieces of cardboard at right angles standing in the
countryside. I feel sure they ought to be trees. Am I missing some texture
files somewhere? If so, has anyone any idea where I can get them? FS 2004.


--
Cheers,

Quilly











An individual reply goes into my spam filter

More about : autogen problem

Anonymous
May 21, 2005 2:29:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

On Fri, 20 May 2005 22:29:18 +0000 (UTC), "Quilljar"
<wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>I have just realised that in remote parts of Canada and Oregon, I see
>hundreds of what seem to be white or grey rectangular constructions which
>look like two large pieces of cardboard at right angles standing in the
>countryside. I feel sure they ought to be trees. Am I missing some texture
>files somewhere? If so, has anyone any idea where I can get them? FS 2004.

The autogen tree texture is called treessu.bmp and locate din the main
fs9 texture folder, if it is missing or corrupted you can find and
unzip it from one of the CD cab files...

===
Best Regards
Katy
May 21, 2005 3:50:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Hi Katy. WB LTNS : )

Arthur

"Katy Pluta" <katypluta@hotmail.invalid> wrote in message
news:0d0t8114e2tdf75tnr7a0i288covifme8s@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 20 May 2005 22:29:18 +0000 (UTC), "Quilljar"
> <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>I have just realised that in remote parts of Canada and Oregon, I see
>>hundreds of what seem to be white or grey rectangular constructions which
>>look like two large pieces of cardboard at right angles standing in the
>>countryside. I feel sure they ought to be trees. Am I missing some texture
>>files somewhere? If so, has anyone any idea where I can get them? FS 2004.
>
> The autogen tree texture is called treessu.bmp and locate din the main
> fs9 texture folder, if it is missing or corrupted you can find and
> unzip it from one of the CD cab files...
>
> ===
> Best Regards
> Katy
Related resources
May 21, 2005 10:03:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

"Quilljar"
> I have just realised that in remote parts of Canada and Oregon, I see
> hundreds of what seem to be white or grey rectangular constructions which
> look like two large pieces of cardboard at right angles standing in the
> countryside.

Since when do you Quill around on this side of the pond?

Anyway, in Canada those would be igloos. Pretty much all they have to build
stuff with is ice.

<evil grin>

Dallas
May 21, 2005 10:04:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

"Arthur"
> Hi Katy. WB LTNS : )


Ditto.


Dallas
May 21, 2005 12:24:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

(SNIPPITY-SNIP)
>
> Anyway, in Canada those would be igloos. Pretty much all they have to
> build
> stuff with is ice.
>
> <evil grin>
>
> Dallas

Yeah......in Texas those would be adobes. Pretty much all they have to
build with is mud.

<eviler grin>

Arthur
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 12:25:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

> Since when do you Quill around on this side of the pond?
>
> Anyway, in Canada those would be igloos. Pretty much all they have
> to build stuff with is ice.
>
> <evil grin>
>
> Dallas

( superior grin and disdainful look !)
Clearly you do not understand quilling young Dally... It involves using
FSNav and 'slew' to zip at high speed to anywhere on the planet for a
looksee. Yesterday, I went to Antarctica to check what this Genesis World
mesh looked like there. I then thought, Aha! I'll nip up to some
mountainous area in Canada to test it there too. Last week I had noticed
these cardboard structures in the Oregon Cascades where I am building a nice
collection of Columbia River scenery, (a place I once spent a gorgeous six
weeks running a summer school for teachers)

Now, added to which useless info, I have, it seems, been the catalyst to
bring Katy back to our little family, thanks for that Katy :-)


--
Cheers,

Quilly











An individual reply goes into my spam filter
Anonymous
May 21, 2005 12:33:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Katy Pluta wrote:
> On Fri, 20 May 2005 22:29:18 +0000 (UTC), "Quilljar"
> <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> The autogen tree texture is called treessu.bmp and locate din the main
> fs9 texture folder, if it is missing or corrupted you can find and
> unzip it from one of the CD cab files...
>
> ===
> Best Regards
> Katy


I have checked that one Katy and I have it, although it is a replacement
from somewhere, a lot smaller than the original.

--
Cheers,

Quilly











An individual reply goes into my spam filter
May 25, 2005 1:19:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Quilljar wrote:
> I have just realised that in remote parts of Canada and Oregon, I see
> hundreds of what seem to be white or grey rectangular constructions which
> look like two large pieces of cardboard at right angles standing in the
> countryside. I feel sure they ought to be trees. Am I missing some texture
> files somewhere? If so, has anyone any idea where I can get them? FS 2004.
>
>
These are not square but you can see they should be trees. Is the color
the same?

http://flightsims.vze.com/images/fs9_video.jpg


--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
Central Texas - 5NM West of Gray Army Airfield (KGRK)
Anonymous
May 25, 2005 2:14:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?)

Hi boB

No my objects are rectangular /tall so perhaps they are buildings. I have
them in New Zealand as well. Obviously, I have not installed some necessary
texture file/s. I will put up a screenshot tomorrow perhaps. Thanks for
reopening this thread.

Quilljar
see http://client.webshots.com/album/194691959rhDQFi
Do not reply personally, all such emails go into my spam filter
!