Autogen problem?

I have just realised that in remote parts of Canada and Oregon, I see
hundreds of what seem to be white or grey rectangular constructions which
look like two large pieces of cardboard at right angles standing in the
countryside. I feel sure they ought to be trees. Am I missing some texture
files somewhere? If so, has anyone any idea where I can get them? FS 2004.

--
Cheers,

Quilly

An individual reply goes into my spam filter
9 answers Last reply
More about autogen problem

    On Fri, 20 May 2005 22:29:18 +0000 (UTC), "Quilljar"
    <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    >I have just realised that in remote parts of Canada and Oregon, I see
    >hundreds of what seem to be white or grey rectangular constructions which
    >look like two large pieces of cardboard at right angles standing in the
    >countryside. I feel sure they ought to be trees. Am I missing some texture
    >files somewhere? If so, has anyone any idea where I can get them? FS 2004.

    The autogen tree texture is called treessu.bmp and locate din the main
    fs9 texture folder, if it is missing or corrupted you can find and
    unzip it from one of the CD cab files...

    ===
    Best Regards
    Katy

    Hi Katy. WB LTNS : )

    Arthur

    "Katy Pluta" <katypluta@hotmail.invalid> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 20 May 2005 22:29:18 +0000 (UTC), "Quilljar"
    > <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >>I have just realised that in remote parts of Canada and Oregon, I see
    >>hundreds of what seem to be white or grey rectangular constructions which
    >>look like two large pieces of cardboard at right angles standing in the
    >>countryside. I feel sure they ought to be trees. Am I missing some texture
    >>files somewhere? If so, has anyone any idea where I can get them? FS 2004.
    >
    > The autogen tree texture is called treessu.bmp and locate din the main
    > fs9 texture folder, if it is missing or corrupted you can find and
    > unzip it from one of the CD cab files...
    >
    > ===
    > Best Regards
    > Katy

    "Quilljar"
    > I have just realised that in remote parts of Canada and Oregon, I see
    > hundreds of what seem to be white or grey rectangular constructions which
    > look like two large pieces of cardboard at right angles standing in the
    > countryside.

    Since when do you Quill around on this side of the pond?

    Anyway, in Canada those would be igloos. Pretty much all they have to build
    stuff with is ice.

    <evil grin>

    Dallas

    "Arthur"
    > Hi Katy. WB LTNS : )

    Ditto.

    Dallas

    (SNIPPITY-SNIP)

    > Anyway, in Canada those would be igloos. Pretty much all they have to
    > build
    > stuff with is ice.
    >
    > <evil grin>
    >
    > Dallas

    Yeah......in Texas those would be adobes. Pretty much all they have to
    build with is mud.

    <eviler grin>

    Arthur

    > Since when do you Quill around on this side of the pond?
    >
    > Anyway, in Canada those would be igloos. Pretty much all they have
    > to build stuff with is ice.
    >
    > <evil grin>
    >
    > Dallas

    ( superior grin and disdainful look !)
    Clearly you do not understand quilling young Dally... It involves using
    FSNav and 'slew' to zip at high speed to anywhere on the planet for a
    looksee. Yesterday, I went to Antarctica to check what this Genesis World
    mesh looked like there. I then thought, Aha! I'll nip up to some
    mountainous area in Canada to test it there too. Last week I had noticed
    these cardboard structures in the Oregon Cascades where I am building a nice
    collection of Columbia River scenery, (a place I once spent a gorgeous six
    weeks running a summer school for teachers)

    Now, added to which useless info, I have, it seems, been the catalyst to
    bring Katy back to our little family, thanks for that Katy :-)

    --

    Katy Pluta wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 May 2005 22:29:18 +0000 (UTC), "Quilljar"
    > <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > The autogen tree texture is called treessu.bmp and locate din the main
    > fs9 texture folder, if it is missing or corrupted you can find and
    > unzip it from one of the CD cab files...
    >
    > ===
    > Best Regards
    > Katy

    I have checked that one Katy and I have it, although it is a replacement
    from somewhere, a lot smaller than the original.

    --

    Quilljar wrote:
    > I have just realised that in remote parts of Canada and Oregon, I see
    > hundreds of what seem to be white or grey rectangular constructions which
    > look like two large pieces of cardboard at right angles standing in the
    > countryside. I feel sure they ought to be trees. Am I missing some texture
    > files somewhere? If so, has anyone any idea where I can get them? FS 2004.

    These are not square but you can see they should be trees. Is the color
    the same?

    http://flightsims.vze.com/images/fs9_video.jpg

    --

    boB,
    SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    Hi boB

    No my objects are rectangular /tall so perhaps they are buildings. I have
    them in New Zealand as well. Obviously, I have not installed some necessary
    texture file/s. I will put up a screenshot tomorrow perhaps. Thanks for
    reopening this thread.

    Quilljar
    see http://client.webshots.com/album/194691959rhDQFi
    Do not reply personally, all such emails go into my spam filter

Games Microsoft Video Games