Epson 2000P head problems

I just had to replace the print head on my 2000P.
It developed a condition where magenta streaks were
appearing across the full width of the paper at random
places.
In reading online discusssions I discovered that
someone else had just had the same problem.
So I'm wondering if this is a design defect that only
shows up after a certain amount of use.
If anyone has had the same problem I'd like to hear
about it.
If there seems to be a pattern, perhaps there might
be some recourse with Epson.

--
Robert D Feinman
http://robertdfeinman.com

Robert, please contact me privately. I can give you some history about
this.

Art