  • Linksys
  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
January 28, 2005 4:43:12 AM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,comp.dcom.vpn (More info?)

Today I tried installing my new SPA-2100 VOIP Router (Firmware Ver 2.0.5a)
between my DSL Modem/Router and my Linksys BEFSX41 VPN Endpoint Router.

The SPA-2100 is configured with the DMZ passing all incoming traffic to the
Linksys router (the DSL Modem/Router is similarly passing all incoming
traffic to the SPA-2100).

While it looks like the tunnel to my remote location (a Linksys BEFVP41) is
being established, no ping traffic is going thru the tunnel. The tunnel
works fine if the SPA-2100 is not in the picture.

The SPA-2100 does not have any settings for IPSEC or PPTP pass thru. Has
anyone had any success getting VPN traffic to flow thru this router?

Thanks,
--
Mike Schumann

More about : sipura 2100 vpn tunnels

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 5:01:48 AM

I notice you said you had a good vpn tunnel between your linksys
routers. Although i can be no help to your question..perhaps you can
help me. Im trying to connect two Linksys vpn endpoint routers
together. One is the WRV54g and the other is the BEFVP41.. i have had
no luck establishing a connection. Can you share all your settings
with me so i can try them? Thanks..
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 6:44:48 AM

Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip,comp.dcom.vpn (More info?)

Another BIG problem with this unit. If I have a Windows XP workstation
behind this router, and try to connect a PPTP VPN tunnel to a Windows 2003
Server, the NAT in the router locks up, and you can't ping thru the router
towards any destinations on the internet. Rebooting the router fixes the
problem.

This is 100% repeatable.

Mike Schumann

"Mike Schumann" <mike-nospam@traditions-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Today I tried installing my new SPA-2100 VOIP Router (Firmware Ver 2.0.5a)
> between my DSL Modem/Router and my Linksys BEFSX41 VPN Endpoint Router.
>
> The SPA-2100 is configured with the DMZ passing all incoming traffic to
> the Linksys router (the DSL Modem/Router is similarly passing all incoming
> traffic to the SPA-2100).
>
> While it looks like the tunnel to my remote location (a Linksys BEFVP41)
> is being established, no ping traffic is going thru the tunnel. The
> tunnel works fine if the SPA-2100 is not in the picture.
>
> The SPA-2100 does not have any settings for IPSEC or PPTP pass thru. Has
> anyone had any success getting VPN traffic to flow thru this router?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Mike Schumann

October 25, 2006 6:19:57 PM

Hi,

I have the same issues as Mike is describing. Running the "Linksys/Cisco" version of the Sipura SPA-2100. Firmware 3.2.8C.

Anybody been able to crack this yet?

Tx,

--Raimond
!