Sign in with
Your question

Opteron 165 Overclocking

Last response: in CPUs
March 4, 2006 3:02:10 PM

Hello all,

I've decided to create this thread in hopes of shedding some light on basic overclocking. The reason I chose the opteron 165 is because it has been discussed rather heavily in the forums lately. In response to that, I decided to take delivery of one and see what all the "hype" is about. Additionally, I've seen many threads of people asking for overclocking help and this information should certainly help no matter what board or processor your using. I'm going to include pictures of my BIOS settings so you can get a feel of how I have them set. This thread is only intended to really help get started in the right direction and get the BIOS setup for overclocking.

Before I begin, I do want to point out a few things as well as my system specs.
1. Overclocking is a skill - It takes lots of patience, trial and error and reboots of the machine. Be prepared for it.
2. The BIOS on my machine has what is called CMOS reloaded. This is where I can save my current BIOS settings in storage banks. In case my machine becomes unstable or won't boot, I can reset the BIOS and pull up the last good settings from those banks. A good tool to have and use if you have it.
3. Overclocking is done purely at your own risk - You void most warranties as soon as you start overclocking and you can cause damage to your machine. This information is only to be used as guidelines only. Take your time and most importantly, take one step at a time and test the machine for stability. If you don't take your time, you'll certainly be destined for disaster that of which, I take no responsibility for.
4. Use good cooling and equipment - The power supply, case (airflow) heat sink fan etc. should be in good working order and should be well enough to keep things running smooth especially during overclocking.
5. Monitor your temps - Have a good tool handy to monitor your temps and board specs. Most motherboard manufacturers include some sort of monitoring software to keep track of your specs. This is critical as your processor can overheat and be destroyed.

Here's my machine with a Zalman 9500 Cooler mounted on the processor for cooling:

http://photobucket.com/albums/f16/Luminaris/Opteron%20S...

Here's one of the stock cooler with the zalman for comparison:

As you can see, there is plenty of space around the cooler for airflow. This is important. Keep the cables tucked as far out of the way as possible.

Now onto the good stuff. Here's my system specs:

DFI Lanparty UT NF4 SLI Expert
AMD Opteron 165 @2.5Ghz, CCBWE 0551WPMW
Zalman 9500 Air Cooler
Antec TP2 550w PSU
Chieftec Dragon Case
Antec and Cooler Master case fans
XFX Geforce 7800GT
Crucial Ballistix DDR500 2X512 RAM 3-4-4-8 280Mhz Currently
Lite on DVD burner
Western Digital Raptor 36gig

As you can see, it doesn't seem like much of an overclock and in all reality, it isn't. This machine has the potential to go higher but right now, this thing is blazing fast as it is and, its almost to fx-60 specs which says alot of this processor.

The first thing I did when I put the machine together is run prime95 to get it burned in good at stock speeds. I usually run it for 8 hours or overnight. This gets the processor and the RAM broken in. My board came with memtest as well and I ran that just to make sure I had good RAM sticks.

After the machine ran overnight, I started going into the BIOS to get things setup. I went into the BIOS and made these changes:

1. LDT/FSB - I set this to 2.5
2. I locked the PCI-e to 100
3. CPU/FSB - I set this to 9.0 as my processors multiplier is set to 9
4. Disabled anything that I don't need such as, my second LAN, on board audio, additional USB or SATA ports not being used, RAID controls, floppy seek and anything else that I don't need. Disabling these things help the machine boot up slightly faster and also, takes some of the load off the board.
5. I set the RAM divider for 1/1 and set the default timings for my RAM which are 2.5-4-4-8. I did not have the 2.5 option in my BIOS so I set it to 3.

I saved the changes and rebooted the machine to check for stability.

I then went back into the BIOS of the machine and started raising the FSB frequency (multiplier) up about 2-3Mhz at a time. I saved changes and rebooted the machine to check for stability. I ran prime95 and superpi to ensure stability. If the machine is unstable, usually prime95 will let you know of this within the first few minutes of testing.

Once I get to the next Ghz number with the processor, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 etc., I ran prime for about 8 hours and checked for stability. Once I got to 2.2Ghz, I went ahead and raised the voltage on my RAM to 2.64 volts.

I repeated these steps until prime95 would generate errors which meant, unstable machine. So I backed off the multiplier until it was very stable and ran solid.

A good tool to use is CPU-Z as this will help you keep track of your processor voltage which in my case, I did not have to increase at all, and memory stats.

I'll include some screenshots of my BIOS and a few benchmarks I ran as well. I hope this helps those who are just starting out in the overclocking world and who maybe thinking of getting the Opteron 165. Its a sweet processor that really does a good job for me.

Good luck with your build and let me know if you have any thoughts, questions or comments on this thread.

Peace, Love and Harmony to all,
~Luminaris~

March 4, 2006 3:05:45 PM

Nice thread, hopefully this takes off and we can have some INTELLIGENT discussions, ;) .

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
March 4, 2006 4:58:52 PM

There's also a nice sticky in the Overclocking section under CPU's written by speeduk here.

I also found some nice links that others have posted recently:

Madshrimps posted by alien

Short-media posted by ToxicCow
Related resources
March 4, 2006 10:56:56 PM

Thanks! I look forward to getting my OC'd I just need to wait till I have some time, been working 7days a week :?

But anywho, nice starter/intro advice that I know I'm finding useful :D 
March 4, 2006 11:59:50 PM

I assume this applys to the 175 as well? not entirely but as the multiplier is set a little higher on the 175 but the same concept...?
March 5, 2006 1:35:57 AM

Thanks guys and yes, I agree that this should be a sticky.

This pretty much applies for most processors and BIOS combinations. My particular board is the SLI Expert and has TONS of BIOS features. Not every board has all of those features so things will be different however, my thread will at least guide everybody in the right direction.

I'm getting ready to do the same for my Intel. The BIOS on my 925X is very different. Hopefully that will be useful for all the Intel fans.
March 5, 2006 3:36:11 AM

I hear the Opt's. overclock like beasts, in truth I don't know much about this processor, never paid much attention to sadly. Im gonna check into it.....
March 5, 2006 11:32:24 AM

Yeah, I've always been an Intel enthusiast myself and never really paid much attention to AMD in general. I do have a couple of other AMD machines but this opty machine has certainly gained my attention. Its so fast, I can hardly keep up with it. I am definately hooked on these AMDs.
March 5, 2006 2:04:43 PM

nice thread bro. Hopefully this will answer alot of questions for people
March 5, 2006 3:01:49 PM

Nice post!

I'll be getting my 165 tomorrow or the day after and are really looking forward to play with it!

My initial plan is to take a go with the stock cooler. I understand that it cant compare with the zalman, but Im hoping that Ill atleast would get it above 2.0 with the stock cooler. I guess Ill see what hapends.

Whats the noice profile on the zalman compared to the stock cooler?

/Suras
March 5, 2006 3:25:32 PM

Thanks

The stock cooler I found to be quite effective in cooling but not noise. Its noisy compared to the 9500. I ended up changing all of my case fans from Antec units to Cooler master units. I got a great bundled deal from Newegg. Now its much quieter and can hardly hear it. The temps on the processor dropped about 5-7 degrees across the board.
March 5, 2006 3:32:42 PM

Quote:
Thanks

The stock cooler I found to be quite effective in cooling but not noise. Its noisy compared to the 9500. I ended up changing all of my case fans from Antec units to Cooler master units. I got a great bundled deal from Newegg. Now its much quieter and can hardly hear it. The temps on the processor dropped about 5-7 degrees across the board.

I can't fathem why people complain about noise. I can't hear Raptors, I can't hear stock cooling on my CPU or GPU. I can't hear my fans or any hard drives. It may be because I have huge desk fans and room fans blowing like sh!t and I don't notice, but than again, my PC is about 10" from me, =/.

March 5, 2006 3:41:30 PM

Well, in my dungeon downstairs, its very quiet in there. Believe me when I say you can hear an ant fart.

Noise with me is usually not a big issue either and your right about the noise factor. To me, its blissfully sweet to hear the sounds of my three computers sitting there humming away. Unless I'm trying to watch a movie or something.
March 5, 2006 3:44:39 PM

Quote:
Well, in my dungeon downstairs, its very quiet in there. Believe me when I say you can hear an ant fart.

Noise with me is usually not a big issue either and your right about the noise factor. To me, its blissfully sweet to hear the sounds of my three computers sitting there humming away. Unless I'm trying to watch a movie or something.

This reminds me of back when I was just getting into computers, I was a big noise-freak and said something really stupid: "I think I can hear my processor". lol, and I wasn't talking about the HSF, but I was misinterpreting it, it really was the HDD, heh.

March 5, 2006 3:54:26 PM

Very nice guide. Thats a damn thorough stability test there bro... 8 hours of prime for every 100mhz. But you know for damn well sure that its stable as a mofo.

Burning in, I think, is vastly under rated and can save you a ton of headaches. Mainly because if people OC their Optys (which overclock very nicely compared to most other chips) they blame the CPU OC if anything goes wrong. They dont know for a fact if the RAM or GPU is stable, or even if the opty didnt ship defective and that higher clock just set it off. Runing Prime95 overnight before you tinker with anything should be a golden rule, that and running memtest.

That stock HSF on the 165's ( I think its on every opty and X2 above the 3800+ ) is pretty good and is slightly better then the thermaltake XP-90. That Zalman is indeed a damn nice HSF but I think you could get 2.5 out with decent temps on the stock AMD HSF.
March 5, 2006 4:14:08 PM

Couldn't agree with you more. I've heard in some cases that burning in, will actually allow more headroom as far as voltage goes and the processor will actually use less. I don't know how true that is but I've heard it mentioned by a few people.

Thanks for the comments
March 5, 2006 5:10:10 PM

Ok.
Then Ill start with the stock HSF (Ive spent enough of money for one weekend anyway...).
Also, It leaves some fun for next month aswell :) 

Regarding noice; I see your point. However, since I havent put my system together, I dont really know what will be the "limiting" source of noice.

Opty 165 in a Antec P-150 case, Asus Nforce4 SLI-premium, X800GTO2.

I suspect the GPU will wreck havoc in an otherwise fairly silenced system.

/Suras
March 5, 2006 5:44:58 PM

That case your gonna use should be fairly quiet. I've never owned one but I know people that do and its a pretty good case. The problem with me is, I've got my machines up on top of my bench right next to my ears, hence the phrase, music to my ears.

I would move them underneath the bench but then people can't really see them and I do like to display them.

http://photobucket.com/albums/f16/Luminaris/?action=vie...
March 5, 2006 6:08:00 PM

Sorry for going a little OT;
What type of synchmasters are you using?
I ordered a 940B to go with my system, but that was probably the component that I was least sure of (along with the GPU).
Its a jungle of 19" LCDs out there...

/suras
March 5, 2006 6:20:47 PM

Those are 930B. I also have an AOpen 19 incher on the other side of the bench along with a 19 inch NEC 950 CRT which I use for working on and testing machines.

I also have an absolutely adorable Daewoo 12.1 on my garage bench I use. :wink:
March 5, 2006 6:57:52 PM

i myself did a 8 hour prime for each 100mhz in OC and a memtest and when I reached my target (2.6) I did a 24 hour torture overnight with several memtests afterward to ensure a stable OC. These opty's are damn good procs..love them

BTW Luminaris we almost have the same setup on our experts, exceptions are the HDD's and video cards (4xWD 74g raptors) & (XFX x2 7800GTX's)
oh and different case (CM stacker 810) had the 830 but didn't have enough 5.25 bays so I sold mine to a buddy for $100 and the 810 he just got :mrgreen: hes happy and i'm happy...good deal! Used the $100 toward another 810 for my opty 170!
Right now i'm thinking about that fx-60 just to play with it along with a phase changer cooling solution :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
March 5, 2006 7:10:26 PM

Good minds think alike :wink:
March 5, 2006 8:05:02 PM

:mrgreen: :tongue: :trophy:
March 8, 2006 10:57:19 AM

So how is everybody doing with their opteron overclocking? I'd like to get some results ..
March 8, 2006 11:37:23 AM

Nice thread for beginners and to get all those people into trying to overclock nice and slowly!

I bought a Opteron 170 0546XPMW and have it running at 2.6Ghz 1:1 (2.5-3-3-6-1t) stable as a rock at Stock Volts :twisted: (see My sig). Will go for 2.8 soon, as soon as I check my TCCD can run @ 280 happily at those timings!

The best comprehensive guide for DFI boards I have ever found is at: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20823. This guide helps those with tweakable DFI boards to squeeze every last ounce of performance out and to help explain all the BIOS lingo that seems to perplex many people.

Matt

(Tip of the day - buy a decent power strip to plug all your PC gear into, I went from a nasty £1.99 4 socket jobby to a properly filtered and surge-protected £15 strip and my PSU seems to be more stable under load both on my multimeter and in BIOS readings - every little helps!)

--------------------------------
> Opteron 170 (0546XPMW) @ 2.6 GHz (1.35V, 29 Idle, 38 Load)
> Thermalright SI-120 w/AS5 & Antec 120mm Fan
> Geil Ultra-X PC4400 2x 512Mb (GLX1GB4400DC) @260Mhz (2.5-3-3-6 1T)
> DFI LanpartyUT nF4 SLI-D (BIOS 06/23/2005)
> 256Mb Proview nVidia 7800GT PCIe x16 (480/1200)
> 2x WD 320Gb RE SATA (RAID-0)
> LG 4163-B DVD+/-RW
> Akasa PaxPower 400W (15A and 14A 12V rails! :eek2:  )
> Antec Sonata I
March 8, 2006 12:32:44 PM

Hey Luminaris I got a question for you or anyone that has used that DFI mobo you used. I have been asked by a friend to build him an awesome gaming rig, I am certain about everything, except the mobo. I am torn between the DFI board that you used and the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce SPP. I have been leaning for the DFI but I have read in some forums that sometimes these mobos get crazy bios issues once you flash them, like reboots, off the wall errors that nobody has gotten before, and stuff like that. I was wondering if you flashed your bios and got any of these problems? Or is this problem I keep hearing about just idiots that don’t know what they are doingtalking about?

BTW sticky but don’t you think this should be in overclocking?
March 8, 2006 1:55:44 PM

I've never flashed the BIOS on my board. Its a good stable board and I would 'nt give it up for anything. I would highly recommend it. The only thing is, if your friend is not going to OC, get the ASUS board. The DFI is a great board but it can be picky about the hardware you use with it.

I did post this in the overclocking section. I posted it here as it relates to a specific CPU.
March 8, 2006 3:06:00 PM

Ive just got going.

2520 seems to work fine on my opty 165 on stock hsf.
tried a little bit on higher speeds aswell but it seems to me as my 0 core is holding me back. can prime core 1 for 6h at 2.8 on stock hsf. core 0 gives up after less than a minute.

Temps: priming @ 42-46
idle at 32
this is with qfan disabled.
havent started with memory yet. its on 266 at the moment.
/suras
March 8, 2006 3:22:15 PM

well, that's still a good clock man. If I go any higher, one of my cores give me a problem in prime as well so, I've pretty much stopped for now. Its so fast now, it's crazy.

Now for the memory, what I did was take mine to a 1/1 divider and I actually had to relax the timings just a bit more to make it work. You shouldn't have any problems though.
March 8, 2006 3:58:56 PM

Quote:
well, that's still a good clock man. If I go any higher, one of my cores give me a problem in prime as well so, I've pretty much stopped for now. Its so fast now, it's crazy.

Now for the memory, what I did was take mine to a 1/1 divider and I actually had to relax the timings just a bit more to make it work. You shouldn't have any problems though.

My friend's 0551VMPW I think the stepping was would run 2.7 stable. (300x9) 1.6v, XP90 w/ Vantec Tornado cooling. I have to say-the performance difference between that and my 2.8ghz Venice was disappointing, I lost hope in dual core for the time being. Most games actually lost FSP...and I don't multitask. Mushkin Redline PC4000 ram 5/6 ratio used. BTW, what memory did you use in your AMD build Luminaris?
March 8, 2006 4:00:36 PM

I use Crucial Ballistix 2X512
March 8, 2006 4:01:34 PM

what's it rated for? what timings/voltage?
March 8, 2006 4:17:32 PM

Specs: DDR PC4000 • 2.5-4-4-8 • UNBUFFERED • NON-ECC • DDR500 • 2.8V
March 8, 2006 10:00:45 PM

I'm useing the OCZ pc4000 Gold 2 gb kit w/3-4-4-8
Found its limit on a 1/1 =270FSB. Drop the divider a little and after some long days I'm @ 2.6, ram @ 260mhz stable. This weekend I'd be pushing toward 2.7 hopefuly 2.8 but I doubt it ( opty 165 ) without some serious cooling.. ( old lady's computer) If i burn the chip old lady will kill me... 8O :twisted:

Now my rig, opty 170 on liquid cooling, I'm also at 2.6 useing the same brand of ram 1/1. I got a goal of 2.9 or better and I'll be pushing it this weekend too.... :wink:

Hey Luminaris whats your goal on your Opty bro?
March 9, 2006 1:01:02 AM

Well, I've already had it up to 2.7 which was my goal. The problem is, one of the cores wouldn't pass prime so I had to drop it back to 2.5 for stability.

I'm going to try one of these days to at least get it up to FX60 speeds (2.6) which I'm hoping it will run very stable.
March 9, 2006 2:58:36 AM

Well from what I hear 2.7 is the limit which is rare, stable anyways!
I would have love to go 1/1 on the 165 but being that 270 fsb is its limit on the ram, which ain't bad for ddr500. I just dropped the divider to 180mhz on the ram and went from there.
If I get to 2.7 on the 165 I'll post the prime, memtest and the cpuz details for ya. Same for the 170 if I get to 2.9 or better!

On another note: I'm waiting on the AM2 to come out, Hopefully it will drop the price on the FX-60 under a grand, then I'll grab one along with some ddr600 and a phase changeing system to really push the limit.
Planning to liquid cool the ram, video cards and chipset along with the phase changer. Thinking about putting the res in a mini-frige to keep eveything cool.
If I get that I'll push to 3.6 hopefully!.... :twisted:
March 9, 2006 3:43:11 AM

Quote:
Well from what I hear 2.7 is the limit which is rare, stable anyways!
I would have love to go 1/1 on the 165 but being that 270 fsb is its limit on the ram, which ain't bad for ddr500. I just dropped the divider to 180mhz on the ram and went from there.
If I get to 2.7 on the 165 I'll post the prime, memtest and the cpuz details for ya. Same for the 170 if I get to 2.9 or better!

On another note: I'm waiting on the AM2 to come out, Hopefully it will drop the price on the FX-60 under a grand, then I'll grab one along with some ddr600 and a phase changeing system to really push the limit.
Planning to liquid cool the ram, video cards and chipset along with the phase changer. Thinking about putting the res in a mini-frige to keep eveything cool.
If I get that I'll push to 3.6 hopefully!.... :twisted:

Mind if I comment? For one, what phase changer you planning on getting? OCZ has a phase changing kit coming out soon that is supposed to retail for $299! But, if you the -100degree type of guy, it would probably be best to just build your own. Also, for the RAM, some lower-frequency lower-latency BH5/CH5/UTT chips would most likely be better than TCCD IMO. A64 loves low latency ram...
Also, what do you mean by putting the rest in a minifrige? That would be pretty difficult to do, especially with condensation =/
What are your plans for the water? Pre-built kit or going with some dangerden high-flow?
Good luck with that stuff.
March 9, 2006 11:32:14 PM

OK then let me clarify a little bit!

I'm going to use this

http://www.frozencpu.com/cas-194.html

just for the cpu. I will also use a "second" cooling solution for everything else.
I will be liquid cooling the ram, chipset, and video cards with mostly Danger Den parts and a koolance solution for the ram! Now I was thinking about putting the res and pump and radaitor inside the mini fridge just to keep the liquid cool, not at 32F or below roughy about 38F.
Please keep in mind That I have not done all my research yet, but I have most of the componets the exception being the Phase changer, koolance ram solution, and possibley another pump! I'm just in research mode with "thoughts" has to its conception at this time.
If I do get around to building this best, I will of course will post pics and data to prove results!

Thank you for asking. I am open to your questions and thoughts, as I always enjoy input from others ( as long as its polite! )
March 10, 2006 12:32:12 AM

Quote:
OK then let me clarify a little bit!

I'm going to use this

http://www.frozencpu.com/cas-194.html

just for the cpu. I will also use a "second" cooling solution for everything else.
I will be liquid cooling the ram, chipset, and video cards with mostly Danger Den parts and a koolance solution for the ram! Now I was thinking about putting the res and pump and radaitor inside the mini fridge just to keep the liquid cool, not at 32F or below roughy about 38F.
Please keep in mind That I have not done all my research yet, but I have most of the componets the exception being the Phase changer, koolance ram solution, and possibley another pump! I'm just in research mode with "thoughts" has to its conception at this time.
If I do get around to building this best, I will of course will post pics and data to prove results!

Thank you for asking. I am open to your questions and thoughts, as I always enjoy input from others ( as long as its polite! )

Are you put phase-changing on the FX60 or the 165? Some 90nm SOI AMD processors (all but FX series use 90nm SOI) have the "cold bug", where it won't post at ~ -10c.
Just giving you hindsight before you buy anything and realize it won't do any good lol.
I'm really surprised you aren't going for an Intel platform since you're getting a phase changer! I know you probably love AMD, but Intel scales very well with super cooling. 6/7 ghz could be a very good reality with any of the Cedar Mills/Presslers. If you love efficiency per clock, P'M is just impossible to beat.
Why do you need to cool the ram? Got Winbond chips?
Food for thought.
March 10, 2006 12:33:25 AM

BTW link me to the Koolance ram cooler; I could use that if I get water (unlikely since my hard drive just died) =(
March 10, 2006 1:09:58 AM

Thanks for the info AK!

link to the koolance ram cooler

http://www.koolance.com/shop/product_info.php?products_...

I perfer AMD to intel but it does not mean I won't go out and build a rig with one. I've been thinking about it, and I think I'll invest in the Conroe after 3rd party independent testing of course! still I want that FX-60<<<<drool>>> still I'll try the FX on the phase changer, but I might have the Conroe system built by then. If I can't play with FX then the Conroe will be on the hit list.
March 10, 2006 1:13:08 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the info AK!

link to the koolance ram cooler

http://www.koolance.com/shop/product_info.php?products_...

I perfer AMD to intel but it does not mean I won't go out and build a rig with one. I've been thinking about it, and I think I'll invest in the Conroe after 3rd party independent testing of course! still I want that FX-60<<<<drool>>> still I'll try the FX on the phase changer, but I might have the Conroe system built by then. If I can't play with FX then the Conroe will be on the hit list.

Personally, I'm going to get a Cedar Mill soon my DFI crapped out on me again. Aiming for ~5ghz...
I still can't decide between the ASUS 975X or Gigabyte 975X =/
March 10, 2006 4:03:19 AM

The Gigabyte board is rated higher. I have one here but it's not in use right now in fact, it's still in the box. I don't have a processor for it yet.

I good friend of mine has the ASUS board and it is a nice board. He has the Presler EE on it and it's a hell of a machine.
March 10, 2006 4:22:09 AM

Quote:
The Gigabyte board is rated higher. I have one here but it's not in use right now in fact, it's still in the box. I don't have a processor for it yet.

I good friend of mine has the ASUS board and it is a nice board. He has the Presler EE on it and it's a hell of a machine.

Bah, ratings on newegg are worthless. I wish I could find a cheaper one...
People are hitting 5.0ghz+ on air with the 631..
March 10, 2006 11:16:06 AM

Hm, the ASUS got like 200 more mhz than the Gigabyte using the same 840EE proc. I think I've made up my mind. Also, considering the bad experiences I've had with DFI, the uber reliability of ASUS is worth noting.
March 10, 2006 7:55:34 PM

Quote:
the uber reliability of ASUS is worth noting.

Except the following board written in my signature.
Such a massive failure it was.
Why? What's so bad about it ?
Also, Luminaris and a few others here seem to like them. My friend's got an Intel ASUS board. You sure you weren't unlucky?
March 10, 2006 8:38:51 PM

Yeah, I've heard of people having problems with certain ASUS boards but then again, I think there are quite a few people who have had problems with all boards at some point.

I use DFI and have never had a single problem with them at all. Call it luck if you want. I know and talk to people all the time that have had all sorts of problems with them.

As far as I'm concerned, its a gamble and that's why there are warranties.
March 10, 2006 8:54:15 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I've heard of people having problems with certain ASUS boards but then again, I think there are quite a few people who have had problems with all boards at some point.

I use DFI and have never had a single problem with them at all. Call it luck if you want. I know and talk to people all the time that have had all sorts of problems with them.

As far as I'm concerned, its a gamble and that's why there are warranties.

Name a problem you can have with a motherboard.
-DFI gave it to me by now.
!