Samsung SP2504C 250 GB Sata 2

Warrax

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2005
Hi.

I am planning to buy disk, because everything is better than my Maxtor 30 GB with 2MB cache. I want not very expensive one, with storage 120 GB is minimum, 250 Maximum. I've watched quickly HDD charts, and it looks like, that Samsung SP2504C is very good in speed (bandwith) and temperature. Just seeking time is bad. But I don't know about sound level.
So, owners of this disk, what do you think about it? Are you content? Or do you recomended other drive?

Thanks a lot for any help, I am actualy deciding, which disk to buy so any advices are welcomed.

Christopher_NC

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
I own three Samsung SP2504C 250 GB SATA hard drives and they are very quiet. As you said, the reviews I read were great, and it's a quiet drive, important to us. I bought the first one 8 months ago, and two more recently. Now, if I can just solve finding the correct controller card to run all three of them -- as my motherboard only supports 2 SATA devices. But, that's another topic.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Hi.

I am planning to buy disk, because everything is better than my Maxtor 30 GB with 2MB cache. I want not very expensive one, with storage 120 GB is minimum, 250 Maximum. I've watched quickly HDD charts, and it looks like, that Samsung SP2504C is very good in speed (bandwith) and temperature. Just seeking time is bad. But I don't know about sound level.
So, owners of this disk, what do you think about it? Are you content? Or do you recomended other drive?

Thanks a lot for any help, I am actualy deciding, which disk to buy so any advices are welcomed.
All the reviews i've read say that Samsung are among the quietest drives, and usually run cool too. I'm contemplating getting a SP2504C too, they are dirt cheap. :wink:

mcgruff

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Can't tell you about the 250gb SATA but I've been using an older 40gb IDE for a couple of years and it is completely silent. I wouldn't buy anything other than Samsung now - just got an 80gb SATA which is also very quiet.