Can I play MP3s from my PDA on my Car Radio??

September 29, 2004 8:26:40 PM

Hi,

Is this possible?

thanks

al
Anonymous
September 29, 2004 8:26:41 PM

Yes it is, you can do it various ways. You could use one of those fm
transmitters that plugs into cd players, or a cassette adapter if you have a
cassette deck in your car and if your radio supports an auxilary input you
can use that as well.

rights...

"al" <alans220@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is this possible?
>
> thanks
>
> al
September 29, 2004 11:31:41 PM

if your car unit has a line in jack, simply connect a cable between the
earphone port on the pda and the jack on the car unit
"Steve Parry [MVP]" <k100rs_1990@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> al wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is this possible?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> al
>
> Yes I do this by using a cassette adaptor that has a plug on the end
> that connects to the headphone socket
>
> such as
>
> http://tinyurl.com/39dht
>
> although mine cost much less than that one
>
> --
> Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP
>
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

Anonymous
September 30, 2004 3:06:26 AM

This is basically the solution I've been using for over a year:
http://store.wholesaler-depot-2.com/irock400fm.html
Only difference is I have the version that cannot connect to the
cigarette lighter, so I buy batteries every few months.

TCPW

"Scrote" <scrote@nospam.dontwork.sodoff.net> wrote in message
> al wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is this possible?
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> al
>
> One of several
> http://www.auctionworks.com/storefrontprofiles/DeluxeSF...
> --
> Nothing is impossible for the person who doesn't have to do it
> themselves.

Anonymous
October 1, 2004 6:44:16 PM

Yep, I've got the iRock and it works very well for in-car. The
batteries (2xAAA) seem to last longer than stated in the manual ;-)

There are slight overlaps when travelling, you'll get a vers small
amount of 'mush' when you're in an area where the radio stations are
on the same frequency as the iRock but generally it can override any
terrestrial transmitter unless you're parked right underneath one !

The iRock is also nice to transmit music from your PC upstairs to a
Hifi downstairs without trailing a huge cable :-) Best used in
conjunction with the 'Vinyl' music server program for PC/PPC

HTH
Cheers - Neil

!