Epson Epson CX6400 cart refills?

Anyone had any luck refilling these carts. and if so, what do you
have to do after they are refilled to make them work? Also what
Company did you get the refills from.
Richard

By refilling the cartridges, it would only support you about 2 or 3
times. That's it. After that you sitll need to buy the new cartridges
so that you will not get clogged.

The alternative way is to get a continuous ink flow system, they would
save you more.

I don't believe that is necessarily true.

For the last three days I have been dissecting and investigating the
Epson individual color ink cartridges used for the Durabrite and
Ultrachrome inks. I've now taken about siz apart to differing stages
because I am working on figuring out both how they work and how it might
be possible to do a proper refill with them.

Unlike the larger sponge/batting cartridges, these have none of that.
They are basically a series of chambers and valves. There is not
anything, other than one small foam filter that appears to be even
slightly used up during use, other than the ink itself. If a proper
refilling method could be developed, I could see these cartridges being
reused many times over as long as reasonable standards of care are taken.

Art

QuickSiver wrote:

> By refilling the cartridges, it would only support you about 2 or 3
> times. That's it. After that you sitll need to buy the new cartridges
> so that you will not get clogged.
>
> The alternative way is to get a continuous ink flow system, they would
> save you more.

Two internet sites:

http://anestoday.com/epson2200/index.htm

and

http://www.jondokken.com/Epson2200/a2200Epson.htm

present detailed discussion on functioning of Epson foamless cartridge and
refilling methods.

Merry Christmas to all!
Tadeusz

Uzytkownik "Arthur Entlich" <artistic@telus.net> napisal w wiadomosci
> I don't believe that is necessarily true.
>
> For the last three days I have been dissecting and investigating the
> Epson individual color ink cartridges used for the Durabrite and
> Ultrachrome inks. I've now taken about siz apart to differing stages
> because I am working on figuring out both how they work and how it might
> be possible to do a proper refill with them.
>
> Unlike the larger sponge/batting cartridges, these have none of that.
> They are basically a series of chambers and valves. There is not
> anything, other than one small foam filter that appears to be even
> slightly used up during use, other than the ink itself. If a proper
> refilling method could be developed, I could see these cartridges being
> reused many times over as long as reasonable standards of care are taken.
>
> Art
>
> QuickSiver wrote:
>
> > By refilling the cartridges, it would only support you about 2 or 3
> > times. That's it. After that you sitll need to buy the new cartridges
> > so that you will not get clogged.
> >
> > The alternative way is to get a continuous ink flow system, they would
> > save you more.

Thnak you for these links. I knew about the first one but couldn't
locate it. The second one is new to me.

Great!

Art