computer for audio recording

javelazquez

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
can someone give me some insight on building a system.
I dont plan on playing any games.
I use my computer for audio recording, p2p, dvd burning and some light photoshop.

I was thinking AMD athlon X2 64 3800
1 gig of ram
i already own a dvd burner

I am running a digidesign mbox for audio recording.

thanks
jerry

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
can someone give me some insight on building a system.
I dont plan on playing any games.
I use my computer for audio recording, p2p, dvd burning and some light photoshop.

I was thinking AMD athlon X2 64 3800
1 gig of ram
i already own a dvd burner

I am running a digidesign mbox for audio recording.

thanks
jerry

If Price is a concern, I recommend that 3800+ X2, if you aren't concerned with paying a bit more, I recommend the Pentium D 940 (I forgot price of 940 so if the 940 is cheaper, get that lol).

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

dmantech

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2006
That setup is fine but get more RAM 2Gigs at best.
My specs. AN8 SLI Premium X2 4400+, 2 Gigs Corsair XMS 2x1024
Creative Xfi, 550 PSU X1900XT, Quadro FX1400 for SLI Workstation Graphics.

kentlowt

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
When you say audio recording are you meaning multi track recording if so you should be aware of something that i just found out about regarging nforce 4 boards. this is from another post in this forum.

I went through all these links and more so far only the nforce 3 boards are recomended(I had a hard time finding one available). There is one workstation board that uses the nforce 4 pro chipset that works but it is a very expensive board. Bottom line is they are suggesting that people should put off upgrading to see how the new am2 socket boards perform. In these posts you will also note some firewire problems uncovered as well. I would suggest you read all of this so you know what your getting into.