Proven

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
Hey. I want to clean up my cables and my make them look good. Im going with a blue theme in my computer so i was going to buy some blue cable sleeving. But i have one question. How do i put on the sleeves? will this require me to remove the plugs from the cables or are there ones the stretch fit over the entire thing? Thanks

xSunnYx

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
Hey. I want to clean up my cables and my make them look good. Im going with a blue theme in my computer so i was going to buy some blue cable sleeving. But i have one question. How do i put on the sleeves? will this require me to remove the plugs from the cables or are there ones the stretch fit over the entire thing? Thanks

I just bought AC Ryan FlexSleeve 2 days ago, should be coming in monday/tuesday.

I've seen a few reviews about it. You need to remove the plugs and tape the cables together. Then slide over the sleeve and tie em up. ( I bough AC Ryans ConnectX kit aswell, some plug remover thingy was included @_@)

Proven

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
Sunny- where do u get this kit?

UWBandman- I used to use that stuff on my dogs ears at dog shows and stuff. Id rather go with actual cable sleeving. But thanks for the alternative

loveamd

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
A great web site for all things related to sleeving or removing the molex connectors or anything like that plus more go to www.frozencpu.com. I found their site easy to use and I have been happy with their service so far.

Proven

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
thanks amdguy, im gonna order it from that site. Ill just go for the blue uv ones. But one question, are they still blue even without the light? And when you shrink them, will they get all wrinkley?

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
Yeah your gonna need a psu connector removing kit so that you can insert the sleevings on the power cables. I got mine in Newegg. Make sure the sleeve kit your buying has a heat shrink wrap to secure each ends and prevents the sleeving to slide around. If not a matching color zip ties would do the trick. :D

loveamd

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
They have a color treatment that makes them blue and a second treatment that makes the color stand out under the UV light. As for "wrinkley" I don't know. But this Tuesday I am going to pick up some white heat shrink for speaker wire that's hanging from my walls. I'll let you know my experience. When in doubt, shoot an email or call them b4 you buy just to make sure. I think if you look on their site, they have "how to" pictures on heat shrinking.

loveamd

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2006
Make sure that the sleeving material is going to shrink down to the size you need. Look for 2 to 1 ratio. If you don't buy from a reputable PC Modder retailer (e-tailer) buy from an electronic store. Like the kind of place that sells parts to build a Ham radio. I found that even with being careful, it might be best to have the wire you are sleeving to be vertical. That way you can take your time and move around it slowly as you shrink the sleeve. If you leave it laying down, you might get uneven shrink and bubbling. Practice a bunch. If you know the guage of the wire go buy some of that guage and practice on it before opening you case.