VPN server behind NAT

Hi All,

My aim is to map network drives across the internet.

With that in mind, I kicked of my first VPN server this morning on my
WinXP-pro box and it picked up the VPN address 192.68.2.1 (it's
internal NAT address is 192.168.0.102).

Then on another windows 2000 box I ran a VPN client and asked it to
connect to 192.168.0.102. This worked great. My windows 2000 box
connected, and got it's very own vpn address: 192.68.2.2. I was able to
map drives and everything. I was not able, however, to browse the
internet on the VPN client - which is fine for now.

This is wonderful and all, but this was setup using internal addresses,
which is not exactly what I need.

So I port forwarded 1723, 500, 50, 51 to go to my VPN server and from
the client I tried to setup a VPN connection to the global ip address
of the router (a DLINK 614+). This connection failed miserably. Am I
missing something ? Does my router need to support VPN or something ?
tia,
rouble

FYI, I got this to work. The issue was that I can't connect to the
global IP from within the LAN - which is fair. I can connect to my VPN
from external computers.

What is totally weird, however, is that windows xp pro only allows one
VPN client to connect at a time. I find this limitation ridiculous. I'm
going to give http://www.poptop.org/ a shot.

Thanks much,
rouble