help needed installing extreme n7800gt dual

sgtpeppie

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
i have installed this card with de driver on the asus cd and now i only see 1 processor instead of 2. ik have updated my Bios but that doesn not work. I'm using the 77.77 driver from asus.
can any one help me? :?

Mainboard: asus a8n32-sli deluxe
2 gig of kingston memory
proc is an AMD FX 57
i am using Windows xp 32

p.s. does anybody know how to use a DUAL -GPU- Switch Card?

cheetsy

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
does ur mobo come with the little card in between the two pci slots that you have to switch around when your using 2 graphics cards?

sgtpeppie

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
does ur mobo come with the little card in between the two pci slots that you have to switch around when your using 2 graphics cards?

I have indeed a little card but it doesnt fit in an SLI poort. i have an PCI slot between the SLI poorts. on the Litte card stands the next text:

NV_SLI_2x1

Asus NFORCE4 SLI-Intel
DUAL -GPU- Switch Card

cheetsy

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
just looking at a few pics of the a8n32 sli and it doesnt seem to have that card im talkin about, so it must purely be a bios selections, i assume uve enabled sli broadcasting or whatever asus calls it and uv updated the bios if necersary?

sgtpeppie

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
just looking at a few pics of the a8n32 sli and it doesnt seem to have that card im talkin about, so it must purely be a bios selections, i assume uve enabled sli broadcasting or whatever asus calls it and uv updated the bios if necersary?
[

Yes i have updated the bios

i have an digital picture of the card can i upload this picture?

cheetsy

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
erm, i have the n7800gt, and as far as i am aware, there is only one gpu on it, what gives you the idea there is two?

EDIT: ahh slap my face and call me a b*tch, ahh yeah sorry my bad, it does exist, erm, well im not sure whether it should show as one or two in the same way as an sli set up would, im seeing what i can find out, and i have no idea what that card is for , it does say intel on it tho, suggesting u wont need it?? not sure, anyway, seeing what i can find out

cheetsy

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
as is said, i dont know if it would show as two gpu's

try benching it and see how it performs

are the drivers reporting it as a "7800gt dual" or just a "7800gt"

sgtpeppie

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
i have installed this card with de driver on the asus cd and now i only see 1 processor instead of 2. ik have updated my Bios but that doesn not work. I'm using the 77.77 driver from asus.
can any one help me? :?

Mainboard: asus a8n32-sli deluxe
2 gig of kingston memory
proc is an AMD FX 57
i am using Windows xp 32

p.s. does anybody know how to use a DUAL -GPU- Switch Card?

Found the next website :lol: :p :wink:
http://www.xtremecomputing.co.uk/review.php?id=222&page=5

jackieboy

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
make sure its in the northern pcix slot and make sure you have enabled your sli.......next make sure all your drivers are up to date........It will show as one card due to its in one slot........and enable sli in bios.......it should be performing as 2 cards.....