cool n quiet feature available in sempron 2500++ palermo?

edwuave

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
my system configuration is sempron 2500++, MSI K8MM-V, 2x256MB Kingston 266ddr (but overclock to 410, timing 2.5,3,3,8, surprise is it?) the question is, i've read over the internet that sempron palermo processors are cool n quiet feature. but when i install the driver and software on my system, it says that my processor didn support cool n quiet, many of u would think tat my mainboard didn support it, but it did support cool n quiet. so wats the problem here actually?

You may have to change your power option setting to "minimal power management" in the control panel. I use a motherboard where cool and quiet works fine with windows xp, but not with win 2k pro. Cool and quiet should work with any socket 754 sempron, so I don't know why you got that message.

edwuave

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
ya but that didn help either. when i run the AMD power monitor. it says something like this "this is a desktop system, and doesnt support AMD power monitor." so it is that Sempron 2500 didn have cool n quiet? or does anybody know how to enable it?

edwuave

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
i've check my processor using some processor identification utility, sisandra, everest ultimate edition.... i cant find anything regarding about cool n quiet in my processor at all.