Solved

My internet connection says i am connected but can\'t get on the inter

I have windows 7. for some reason, when i connect to internet either by high speed modem of WIFI the computer shows i am connected but when i try to access the web nothing happens. what can be wrong. i have opened the command prompt window and have done all the ping steps and every thing checks out. I have disabled the firewall and that does not work. from what i can tell everything is enabled. the lap top is six months old and this problem just started. i have tried system restore and that no longer works. please help
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about internet connection connected inter
  1. "nothing happens" is not descriptive. Is it a white page, Page Not Found? What site are you trying to reach?

Can you ping google.com successfully? You did not say one way or the other.

I have seen viruses change the proxy which tends to give you a Page Not Found Error. If thats your error then check Internet Options, Connections, and then Lan Settings...
  2. Best answer
    How are you trying to access the web? What browser are you opening to check web connectivity!
  3. vvhocare5 said:
    "nothing happens" is not descriptive. Is it a white page, Page Not Found? What site are you trying to reach?

Can you ping google.com successfully? You did not say one way or the other.

I have seen viruses change the proxy which tends to give you a Page Not Found Error. If thats your error then check Internet Options, Connections, and then Lan Settings...

yes i can ping google. when i say nothing happens., i mean internet explorer displays web page not found (home page). I have then entered one of my favorites and says the same thing
  4. Best answer selected by dwoodley.
  5. Anonymous said:
    How are you trying to access the web? What browser are you opening to check web connectivity!

internet explorer
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Boot Failure Gateways