Sign in with
Your question

Please Help ---- ASRock Dual SATA2 with OCZ RAM

Last response: in Motherboards
March 5, 2006 10:42:59 AM

Hello,

I have the ASROCK Dual SATA2 mobo with AMD Opteron 165 running at stock speed. I have the OCZ OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K ( 2 X 1GB) RAM installed in the system.

My main problem is that I cannot boot into windows if I put both the ram sticks in the dual channel modules, like I mentioned before windows boot if the ram modules1-3, 2-4, 1-4, 2-3 have ram in it but not when it has ram in 1-2 or 3-4, although on the post screen it reads the memory as 2047 MB and shows Dual Channel Enabled but just as it reaches Windows XP Loading page it restarts. I have set the RAM voltage to high which for my board is 2.7 V but on the manual for this ram it says it needs only 2.6 V, plus both the rams work in alternate modules but not in adjacent modules (dual channel ones)

I have spent two entire days trying to figure out this problem. After reading at this forum I am also running MemTest as we speak and it has completed till test4 without any hitches or problem.

I will really appreciate any help on this, because if its a mobo issue then I will have to show haste before my timeperiod for warranty or replacement runs out.

Thanks,
rm1
March 9, 2006 6:42:21 PM

What were the results of memtest86? Also try running with each stick alone. 1 bad stick could be bringing both down.
March 11, 2006 8:41:28 AM

Thanks Rugger but its too late. I got that board RMA. I think it had faulty memory modules plus I did not like it anyways. It was full of complications. I do appreciate your gesture for help.

Moderators you can close this post now.

thanks
March 14, 2006 9:15:22 PM

I have the exact same setup with X2 3800 and I have had no problem. In fact, I got it to 2.3 Ghz with the stock fan (waiting for the Zalman before I go any further) without a hitch.
!