Sign in with
Your question

Accidentally deleted PATH variable

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
November 6, 2009 7:36:41 AM

I was trying to edit my PATH environment variable and accidentally deleted it. Is there any way to recover it? If not, is there anyone out there who can tell me what the default path variable should be? I'm afraid to turn off my computer without fixing this as I'm not sure if it will be able to boot up again.
November 6, 2009 1:10:03 PM

PATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM as a System wide environment variable should set you straight.

I'll check my Windows XP x64 VM in a second...
November 6, 2009 1:12:20 PM

Path=C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;

That is assuming Windows is installed into C:\WINDOWS\

The last one ;PowerShell; isn't really required, it's just if you have PowerShell installed - It's a optional Microsoft Update.

Any other SysVars you've nuked ? - chuckle.

Feel free to hassle me.
Related resources
April 16, 2011 7:27:30 PM

YES! FINALLY!
Thanks man, I accidentally deleted the path variable and did not know what to do, I searched everywhere but no success, until I came here, THANKS!
a c 209 $ Windows 7
April 16, 2011 11:47:38 PM

Scott2009 said:
PowerShell; isn't really required, it's just if you have PowerShell installed - It's a optional Microsoft Update.
Actually PowerShell is always installed - it's a basic part of Windows 7 and as far as I know there's no way to remove it.
December 30, 2012 9:28:15 AM

I have changed my environment variable(path) of windows 7 to play hitman absolution my window isn't working properly.please give original path of windows 7 as soon as possible.
!