GAK8NF-9 chipset cooler

asgallant

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
The fan on the chipset cooler of my mainboard is on its last legs (the bearings are shot and its making a racket inside my otherwise quiet PC). Anyone know where I can get a replacement HSF combo (they are one unit on this mobo), or a passive cooler that will fit? The passive cooler would have to be low profile, as the end of my graphics card hangs over the northbridge - the max height would be about 10 mm.

OEM-NIB-OBO

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
Just go to newegg and you'll find many chipest coolers. Just make sure the coolers have retention brackets, so they fit int o the motherboard.

pat

Expert
The fan on the chipset cooler of my mainboard is on its last legs (the bearings are shot and its making a racket inside my otherwise quiet PC). Anyone know where I can get a replacement HSF combo (they are one unit on this mobo), or a passive cooler that will fit? The passive cooler would have to be low profile, as the end of my graphics card hangs over the northbridge - the max height would be about 10 mm.

newer k8nf-9 has passive cooler. Ask Gigabyte to replace the fan one with a passive one.