How to open up a Canon i450?

I can't find any screws except a small plate where the power cord
plugs in.

Are there hidden latches?

Do I need a Magic Decoder Ring?

(If it matters, I want to inspect the waste ink tank.)
3 answers Last reply
More about open canon i450

    Peabody wrote:

    >I can't find any screws except a small plate where the power cord
    >plugs in.
    >
    >Are there hidden latches?

    I believe the i450 is similar to the rest of the i-series line in that
    the plastic covers are snapped into place.

    If you look closely, you should find a few slots in the outer casing. A
    small flat screwdriver is needed to gently push in the snaps and allow
    the casing to be removed.

    >Do I need a Magic Decoder Ring?

    Nope.

    >(If it matters, I want to inspect the waste ink tank.)

    The waste ink tank is not really a tank. It's merely a reservoir on the
    bottom of the printer with a pad to absorb some of the ink.

    LOL an axe
    ;-)
    "Peabody" <waybackKILLSPAM44@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >I can't find any screws except a small plate where the power cord
    > plugs in.
    >
    > Are there hidden latches?
    >
    > Do I need a Magic Decoder Ring?
    >
    > (If it matters, I want to inspect the waste ink tank.)

  3. For visitors still searching for how to clean the waste pads for a Canon inkjet printer, a clear description with images is posted at http://www.ehow.com/how_4492150_ink-tank-canon-photo-printer.html.

Printers Canon Peripherals