Novell VPN + drivemapping Win2k3

Hi

Newbie on this, so maybe I am in the wrong group.
If so, sorry for that, and maybe someone can help
me point out which group to use.

We have a small network Win2003 server with some
shared folders and a loginscript that makes drive
mapping to the shared folders on the server.
We have DSL for internet connection, and all works
fine.

Now we use Novell VPN client to connect to our
mother company, which also works fine.

Our own network is in 10.0.0.x range and the
Network we connect to with VPN is in 192.168.x.y range.

Without VPN connected I can ping our server but as soon
as VPN is connected 90% chance that I cannot ping our
local server anymore. If that happens, I can also not
access the drive mappings.

The big problem with this is that one of our programs
requires both... the VPN connection and one of the
local drive mappings.

If anyone know what causes this problem and how to solve
it.... help would be greatly appreciated.

At the moment I am still not sure if it is some setting
in our server or if it has to do with the VPN client :(

--
My email address is spoofed... please replace AT with
the @ sign and DOT with a . then you will have my real

    If your internal ip range is 10.0.0.x and you can ping 192.168.x.y
    without the VPN connected, I would guess that you have some other
    device inside you 10.0.0.x network. The 192.168 range is very typical
    of most home networking routers default. First thing I would do is
    identify where the source of this internal 192.168 network is located
    and eliminate it. Then see if everything clears up with vpn
    connections. FYI you might consider changing your home sites range to
    something other than 192.168.x.y since it is so commenly used. Good
    luck.

    "David" <darkjedimaster@gmail.com> wrote in news:1107524964.590607.64950
    @g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > If your internal ip range is 10.0.0.x and you can ping 192.168.x.y
    > without the VPN connected, I would guess that you have some other
    > device inside you 10.0.0.x network. The 192.168 range is very typical
    > of most home networking routers default. First thing I would do is
    > identify where the source of this internal 192.168 network is located
    > and eliminate it. Then see if everything clears up with vpn
    > connections. FYI you might consider changing your home sites range to
    > something other than 192.168.x.y since it is so commenly used. Good
    > luck.

    Unfortunately that is not it.

    Without VPN we only have 10.0.0.x and cannot ping any 192.168.*
    The VPN connects to the 192.168.* network.

    If found some information that at first VPN tunnels all traffic
    through its tunnel including our 10.0.0 range. I should create
    traffic rules or something to distinguish but I have no idea
    where and how to create such rules.

    More help still welcome

vpn Novell Connection Servers Networking