Sign in with
Your question

HELP - Fans won't turn off

Last response: in Motherboards
March 6, 2006 5:48:29 AM

Hello,

I got an old KT133 with a 900mhx athlon that i just put together. Works fine, except when i shutdown from XP, the CPU cooler fan and the Power Supply fans do not shut off.

Anyone know what the problem is?

Thanks,

More about : fans turn

March 6, 2006 8:14:53 AM

I'm guessing windoze is not powering the machine off after you shut down.

Check to see if you have any !'s in the device manager.
March 6, 2006 8:45:05 AM

Thats pretty weird of fans not turning off with the window shut down. Its' normal for some USB devices like mouse and keyboard with the light even when the windows are shut down but fans!? Yeah check the bios for the fan control and switch auto control on or off and see if that makes a difference.

Sounds like your pc is possesed man, better get an exorcist.
Related resources
March 6, 2006 8:50:41 AM

check to see if this option is activated in windows xp pro , right click on the desktop choose propreties then screensaver after energy then in there search for the the options because in ther you will find an option that will probably solve the problem, i'm sorry i cant tell you the name of the option but here i don't have any computer wher i can see it:p 
March 6, 2006 1:48:36 PM

Quote:
check to see if this option is activated in windows xp pro , right click on the desktop choose propreties then screensaver after energy then in there search for the the options because in ther you will find an option that will probably solve the problem, i'm sorry i cant tell you the name of the option but here i don't have any computer wher i can see it:p 

Solved...that did the trick. Thanks everyone for your input.

The option is Advanced Power Mgmt. I guess that my MB is an old POC so Windows didn't enable it like it's done for my other machines. The MB is an cheapo Azza.
!