cannot Ping from c:, but can from system32

I cannot ping from c:\ but I can ping from
c:\windows\system32. I checked the path in the
environment and it does seem to list system32 correctly (%
systemroot%\system32 with semicolons on either side).
What else should I check?

THANKS!
Barbara

When you try to ping from C:\ , what does it respond?

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"Barbara" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> I cannot ping from c:\ but I can ping from
> c:\windows\system32. I checked the path in the
> environment and it does seem to list system32 correctly (%
> systemroot%\system32 with semicolons on either side).
> What else should I check?
>
> THANKS!
> Barbara

it says it's not a recognizable command