Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

I Hate Cingular

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 12:48:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

More later.

More about : hate cingular

Anonymous
September 7, 2004 12:26:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 20:48:38 GMT, mcp6453 <mcp6453@earthlink.net>
wrote:

>More later.

I really like Cingular. So there.

----
Time for some thrillin' heroics.
----
Anonymous
September 7, 2004 1:16:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

mcp6453 wrote:
> More later.
well, all cellular companies have there drawbacks and advantages.

1)A cellular company is a Radio Company, not a telephone company.
reception depends on atmospheric conditions.
(Atmospheric Ducts can play havoc with radio signals)
2)Like it or not, there are holes in all reception area for all
cell telphone companies
3)Most all Customer Service experiences leave one with a bad experience
at least some of the time.
(That includes me because my XYL gets grumpy at me when my linux
server does not work correctly.)

I have found Cingular to be about average.

Not really any better or any worse.

IMHO

Chip
Related resources
Anonymous
September 8, 2004 1:28:18 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <10jrd5dqv3n8c25@corp.supernews.com> on Tue, 07 Sep 2004 09:16:37 -0400,
Ralph Blach <rblach@NOSPAMintrex..XXXnet> wrote:

>mcp6453 wrote:
>> More later.
>well, all cellular companies have there drawbacks and advantages.
>
>1)A cellular company is a Radio Company, not a telephone company.
> reception depends on atmospheric conditions.
> (Atmospheric Ducts can play havoc with radio signals)

Cellular is basically line of sight. Except in extreme conditions (e.g.,
solar storms), reception is thus more a function of tower siting and
obstructions (e.g., hills, buildings, etc.).

>2)Like it or not, there are holes in all reception area for all
> cell telphone companies

Yep.

>3)Most all Customer Service experiences leave one with a bad experience
> at least some of the time.

Yep.

>I have found Cingular to be about average.
>
>Not really any better or any worse.

I have found Cingular to be a bit better than average, but not much.

>IMHO

Me too.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 3:41:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"1234" <1234@5678.910> wrote in message
news:v8r0k0dn5g5ep529d5k5cenn2q1q4s6oql@4ax.com...
>
> Folks, a while ago I posted about my GSM service
> in Central Mass kept going in and out all day,
> around the same time. Cingular told me too bad.
>
> NOW..these morons juts opened a store right in my
> area, in fact, if I take my phone and try to call
> from their doorstep, I get NO SIGNAL ! I

Are you sure it's not your phone? We've got two Cingular Mot. T720 GSM
phones in constant use in Central MA. I also travel extensively all over
New England, and occasionally to other areas of the country as well. No
problems to report at all. Cingular's coverage in Central MA in particular
is the best of all the major carriers, most specifically including Verizon,
who we dumped in favor of Cingular. It blows my mind to read that someone
is having a problem in CENTRAL MA on a Cingular GSM phone. I suspect it's
probably your phone. Don't get me wrong, if Cingular has a blind spot in
your very specific area, I think Cingular should correct that. But I'm in
the same area you are and I have great service on Cingular. ??? -Dave
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 10:13:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <zN00d.163255$mD.67639@attbi_s02> on Thu, 09 Sep 2004 17:54:39 GMT,
"Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:

>Well, sorry to say we have had the same kind of luck with Cingular. Since
>there was no "plan" contract two years ago we never knew exactly what plan
>we had.

There is *always* a "plan" contract (service plan). If you don't have a copy,
you can get it from Cingular or access it on the Cingular website.

>... We wanted to quit then but we
>had just started the contract with our phones and we would have had to pay
>ETF.

That's because you didn't return the phones and cancel within the 15-day grace
period.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
September 9, 2004 10:15:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

>
>"1234" <1234@5678.910> wrote in message
>news:v8r0k0dn5g5ep529d5k5cenn2q1q4s6oql@4ax.com...
>>
>> Folks, a while ago I posted about my GSM service
>> in Central Mass kept going in and out all day,
>> around the same time. Cingular told me too bad.
>>
>> NOW..these morons just opened a store right in my
>> area, in fact, if I take my phone and try to call
>> from their doorstep, I get NO SIGNAL ! I
>
>Are you sure it's not your phone? We've got two Cingular Mot. T720 GSM
>phones in constant use in Central MA. I also travel extensively all over
>New England, and occasionally to other areas of the country as well. No
>problems to report at all. Cingular's coverage in Central MA in particular
>is the best of all the major carriers, most specifically including Verizon,
>who we dumped in favor of Cingular. It blows my mind to read that someone
>is having a problem in CENTRAL MA on a Cingular GSM phone. I suspect it's
>probably your phone. Don't get me wrong, if Cingular has a blind spot in
>your very specific area, I think Cingular should correct that. But I'm in
>the same area you are and I have great service on Cingular. ??? -Dave
>


Nope..I thought of that.I have 2 phones, and other Cingular
users have noticed it. I will say, I started using Cingular
BECAUSE of the good signal..and it was fine for a few months
after we 'had' to use GSM. I have no other problems except
here, in my home block. And why would it be time related?
4-6am and 4-5 pm. HERE's the kicker..

Signs went up in the store, I think they open this week,
and GAWDESS ALL-MIGHTY GLORY BE ! The signal has improved
somewhat. See, I know there are blind spots, but why all of
a sudden the bad signal..and now, WHY is it getting better.

I've been bitching long before they thought of opening the
store there. They told me too bad. NOW it's getting better
ONLY because they have a store opening. wow !

JJT









-------------------------------------------------------------
Don't go away MAD, here's a SASE for you to fill out telling
me how tasty my dust is, and an order blank for re-fills....

...ok....NOW you can go......
-------------------------------------------------------------
September 10, 2004 12:07:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

>Not in my experience -- virtually all of the people have been pleasant and
>have done their best to be helpful.

Then you must be talking to the fantasy land office of the
sugar plum faries, because everytime I have ever had to deal
with them, they have been complete bastards. & I am not alone..

...am I, boyz and girls..?

>>I've been laughed at, hung up on, told I was drunk,
>>told I was on drugs, told to calm down, etc etc ONLY
>>after getting pissed off to the max by their actions.

>Perhaps your approach is part of the problem.

OK, now I know you're insane. I start off being all
nice, I make it a point to tell EVERYBODY it's not
personal, but they represent Cingular at this moment,
and it is only after an extreme period of being treated
like a fool, do I get upset. Bottom line, I pay them,
they have to at least try to help, and when one gets
bullshit lies over and over and over again for months,
then too bad if they can't handle an upset customer.

>>And when I asked where the corp office was, I was told
>>(quote) "..we don't know.." or "..it's not <my> business.."
>>or "..go look it up yourself..".. Then they hang up.

>It is pretty easy to look up (hints: SEC Edgar, Hoovers Online), and it's
>quite understandable that they don't want to give it out willy-nilly. .

OK, I guess that just because I pay for this 'service' then they feel
I don't deserve to know how to reach their boss? IF it's so easy to
get online, public knowledge and all that rot, then WHY, if one reaches
an upper-lever person, can't they tell me..? THEN to tell me they don't
know, or it's not my business. IF they are so proud of this laughable
"office of the president" then why won't the higher ups, after knowing
the problem, direct me to them..? You can't explain that one, can you?

Do you work for them..? I mean, that last post was pure shill-like..

JJT








-------------------------------------------------------------
Don't go away MAD, here's a SASE for you to fill out telling
me how tasty my dust is, and an order blank for re-fills....

...ok....NOW you can go......
-------------------------------------------------------------
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 1:39:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <gKydnYxX4vRrVN3cRVn-rA@centurytel.net> on Thu, 9 Sep 2004 16:24:08 -0500,
"bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote:

>You might want to wait a while before changing. They will put in a repeater
>close to the new store, you can bet on that. They will have plenty of signal
>at the new store and since it's in your neighbor hood it might solve your
>problem as well.

Not necessarily or even likely. Unless they can get a tower permit, which is
often difficult and at best a very lengthy process, they'll just put a
microcell in the store, which would only help if you're right next to the
store.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 1:39:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
news:J440d.12911$54.181116@typhoon.sonic.net...
> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <gKydnYxX4vRrVN3cRVn-rA@centurytel.net> on Thu, 9 Sep 2004
> 16:24:08 -0500,
> "bamp" <bampatcenturyteldotnet> wrote:
>
>>You might want to wait a while before changing. They will put in a
>>repeater
>>close to the new store, you can bet on that. They will have plenty of
>>signal
>>at the new store and since it's in your neighbor hood it might solve your
>>problem as well.
>
> Not necessarily or even likely. Unless they can get a tower permit, which
> is
> often difficult and at best a very lengthy process, they'll just put a
> microcell in the store, which would only help if you're right next to the
> store.
>
> --
> Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;

I stand corrected, betcha they put a cell there sooner or later.

bamp
September 10, 2004 1:39:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

>Not necessarily or even likely. Unless they can get a tower permit, which is
>often difficult and at best a very lengthy process, they'll just put a
>microcell in the store, which would only help if you're right next to the
>store.


Well, then that should be a hoot, cause in their parking lot,
today at 4:30, no signal. No signal for the entire block(s).

AGAIN, the bastards don't care about customers if they even
thought of such action (unit in store only). I've lived
around here since '61. Folks will not put up with it.

WHY should they..?


JJT












-------------------------------------------------------------
Don't go away MAD, here's a SASE for you to fill out telling
me how tasty my dust is, and an order blank for re-fills....

...ok....NOW you can go......
-------------------------------------------------------------
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 2:49:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <hY50d.12932$54.181174@typhoon.sonic.net>,
John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

> Perhaps your approach is part of the problem.

Ladies and gentlemen, that sonic boom you just heard was actually the
sound of the pot calling the kettle black.
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 3:43:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <h0l1k05nuf5b4qd062mrs9kfc6ieoj5pol@4ax.com> on Thu, 09 Sep 2004 18:15:51
-0400, 1234 <1234@5678.910> wrote:

>... I will say, I started using Cingular
>BECAUSE of the good signal..and it was fine for a few months
>after we 'had' to use GSM. I have no other problems except
>here, in my home block. And why would it be time related?
>4-6am and 4-5 pm. HERE's the kicker..
>
>Signs went up in the store, I think they open this week,
>and GAWDESS ALL-MIGHTY GLORY BE ! The signal has improved
>somewhat. See, I know there are blind spots, but why all of
>a sudden the bad signal..and now, WHY is it getting better.
>
>I've been bitching long before they thought of opening the
>store there. They told me too bad. NOW it's getting better
>ONLY because they have a store opening. wow !

Perhaps Cingular was working on the tower, and now has it back in service.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 6:36:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
news:0310d.12863$54.180707@typhoon.sonic.net...
> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <zN00d.163255$mD.67639@attbi_s02> on Thu, 09 Sep 2004 17:54:39 GMT,
> "Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >Well, sorry to say we have had the same kind of luck with Cingular.
Since
> >there was no "plan" contract two years ago we never knew exactly what
plan
> >we had.
>
> There is *always* a "plan" contract (service plan). If you don't have a
copy,
> you can get it from Cingular or access it on the Cingular website.

No. There was no plan that outlined exactly what we had in our plan. We
signed a standard paper for the phones. Two years ago the representative
from Cingular told me that Cingular did not want their customers to be stuck
to a service plan so there was no contract that outlined what the plan
entailed. It was supposed to be a favor for their customers. The customer
could change plans at anytime. But what happened was without being able to
see in black and white what the contract entailed the customer did not know
what the plan entailed. I have the emails here on a computer that is not on
this floor.
>
> >... We wanted to quit then but we
> >had just started the contract with our phones and we would have had to
pay
> >ETF.
>
> That's because you didn't return the phones and cancel within the 15-day
grace
> period.

The phones worked fine 2 years ago. Tt was the billing and the mistakes
did not show up for a month because we did not know that our mobile to
mobile was eliminated. Maybe they could have given me a heads up that they
were going to screw up the bill and then I would have known to cancel within
the first 14 days.

T


>
> --
> Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 9:05:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

======================================================================
* Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <jackru$$ell2@notmail.com>
* Newsgroup: alt.cellular.cingular
* Reply to: All; "1234" <1234@5678.910>
* Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 04:57:36 -0500 GMT
* Subj: Re: I loath Cingular
======================================================================


>>Not in my experience -- virtually all of the people have been
>>pleasant and
>>have done their best to be helpful.

>Then you must be talking to the fantasy land office of the
>sugar plum faries, because everytime I have ever had to deal
>with them, they have been complete bastards. & I am not alone..

>..am I, boyz and girls..?

Maybe not. Then again, John is not alone either. Every experience I've ever had with customer service has been polite, helpful, and positive, often to the point of features or services added at no additional charge to my monthly account charges.


[Sorry, skipped]

So...if someone only has good experiences with a company's customer service, they're a shill?

--
Jack
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 2:53:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"Jack D. Russell, Sr." <jackru$$ell2@notmail.com> wrote in message
news:2qdcjfFu4inmU1@uni-berlin.de...
> ======================================================================
> * Reply by Jack D. Russell, Sr. <jackru$$ell2@notmail.com>
> * Newsgroup: alt.cellular.cingular
> * Reply to: All; "1234" <1234@5678.910>
> * Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 04:57:36 -0500 GMT
> * Subj: Re: I loath Cingular
> ======================================================================
>
>
> >>Not in my experience -- virtually all of the people have been
> >>pleasant and
> >>have done their best to be helpful.
>
> >Then you must be talking to the fantasy land office of the
> >sugar plum faries, because everytime I have ever had to deal
> >with them, they have been complete bastards. & I am not alone..
>
> >..am I, boyz and girls..?
>
> Maybe not. Then again, John is not alone either. Every experience I've
ever had with customer service has been polite, helpful, and positive, often
to the point of features or services added at no additional charge to my
monthly account charges.
>
>
> [Sorry, skipped]
>
> So...if someone only has good experiences with a company's customer
service, they're a shill?

I think he said that because John assumed it was our fault and assumed I was
overreacting. I think the problem is that Cingular is getting a lot of
gaffe over what has happened. Barbara told me the FCC won't let them use
T-Mobile and ATT towers anymore. She told my husband T-Mobile and ATT won't
let them use the towers anymore. I don't know which story is true if
either story is true. I am sure she realizes that my service and many
others service has deteriorated and they cannot fix it so she has become
defensive and attacks right from the word go.

Whenever I have talked to customer service they have been polite - clueless
maybe but polite. But Barbara who works in the "presidential office" is
demeaning and rude.

T

>
> --
> Jack
>
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 8:37:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <n224k09v4bnkue60odevb4k06jgbqetutm@4ax.com>,
1234 <1234@5678.910> wrote:

> >>... I also don't let
> >>MY opinion of Dell blind me to how others have had problems with them.
>
> >I don't either.
>
> Then why the venom? I mean, I don't hang around the Dell
> groups answering every post in the company's favor.

Because (a) John thinks that whatever comes out of his mouth is golden,
and (b) that he is obligated and entitled to force it down the throats
of everyone on the planet.

So he does.
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 8:57:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <Eq80d.275091$8_6.64684@attbi_s04> on Fri, 10 Sep 2004 02:36:20 GMT,
"Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:

>"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>news:0310d.12863$54.180707@typhoon.sonic.net...

>> There is *always* a "plan" contract (service plan). If you don't have a copy,
>> you can get it from Cingular or access it on the Cingular website.
>
>No.

There is always a service plan (that's how Cingular bills you for service),
and there is always a service agreement (even if month-to-month).

>There was no plan that outlined exactly what we had in our plan.

There had to be a plan, possibly with modifications -- it can't go into the
computer billing system otherwise.

>We
>signed a standard paper for the phones.

You signed a sales agreement for the phones and a corresponding agreement for
service.

>Two years ago the representative
>from Cingular told me that Cingular did not want their customers to be stuck
>to a service plan

True so far -- you can change service plans within a given service agreement.

>so there was no contract that outlined what the plan
>entailed.

False. There is always a plan, even if it's a modification to a standard
plan. Otherwise you can't be billed.

>It was supposed to be a favor for their customers. The customer
>could change plans at anytime.

True, but there's still always a plan in effect at any given time.

>But what happened was without being able to
>see in black and white what the contract entailed the customer did not know
>what the plan entailed.

You are always entitled to get any contract in black and white and thus always
know exactly what it entails (and should do so) -- surely you know that?

>I have the emails here on a computer that is not on
>this floor.

What emails?

>> That's because you didn't return the phones and cancel within the 15-day grace
>> period.
>
>The phones worked fine 2 years ago. Tt was the billing and the mistakes
>did not show up for a month because we did not know that our mobile to
>mobile was eliminated. Maybe they could have given me a heads up that they
>were going to screw up the bill and then I would have known to cancel within
>the first 14 days.

Maybe you could have gotten all the details in the first place. That you
didn't do so was your choice and a failure to exercise reasonable prudence,
not any fault of the company.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 9:02:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <jhr1k0tgcejf3ekb0lopmb57ucuo105klu@4ax.com> on Thu, 09 Sep 2004 20:07:42
-0400, 1234 <1234@5678.910> wrote:

>>Perhaps your approach is part of the problem.
>
>OK, now I know you're insane. I start off being all
>nice, I make it a point to tell EVERYBODY it's not
>personal, but they represent Cingular at this moment,
>and it is only after an extreme period of being treated
>like a fool, do I get upset. Bottom line, I pay them,
>they have to at least try to help, and when one gets
>bullshit lies over and over and over again for months,
>then too bad if they can't handle an upset customer.

I rest my case.

>>It is pretty easy to look up (hints: SEC Edgar, Hoovers Online), and it's
>>quite understandable that they don't want to give it out willy-nilly. .
>
>OK, I guess that just because I pay for this 'service' then they feel
>I don't deserve to know how to reach their boss?

I would hope you know that's unrealistic.

>IF it's so easy to
>get online, public knowledge and all that rot, then WHY, if one reaches
>an upper-lever person, can't they tell me..? THEN to tell me they don't
>know, or it's not my business. IF they are so proud of this laughable
>"office of the president" then why won't the higher ups, after knowing
>the problem, direct me to them..? You can't explain that one, can you?

Because that's not their job, and because they have tens of millions of
customers.

>Do you work for them..? I mean, that last post was pure shill-like..

No. Do you always act this way?

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 9:02:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <i8n0d.13072$54.182931@typhoon.sonic.net>,
John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote:

> >??? Your response was about what I'd expect from a Cingular
> >employee.
>
> My response was about your style, as reflected in how you write

John: look in the mirror. Then look at the responses people write to
YOU.

Get it?
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 9:08:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <QIf0d.66628$3l3.8251@attbi_s03> on Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:53:36 GMT,
"Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:

>"Jack D. Russell, Sr." <jackru$$ell2@notmail.com> wrote in message
>news:2qdcjfFu4inmU1@uni-berlin.de...

>> So...if someone only has good experiences with a company's customer
>service, they're a shill?
>
>I think he said that because John assumed it was our fault and assumed I was
>overreacting.

You had nothing to do with this exchange.

>I think the problem is that Cingular is getting a lot of
>gaffe over what has happened.

What gaffe? What has happened?

>Barbara told me the FCC won't let them use
>T-Mobile and ATT towers anymore. She told my husband T-Mobile and ATT won't
>let them use the towers anymore. I don't know which story is true if
>either story is true.

Neither is true (as I've told you).

>I am sure she realizes that my service and many
>others service has deteriorated and they cannot fix it so she has become
>defensive and attacks right from the word go.

I can think of lots of other reasons. Ever worked in customer service? It's
no fun being yelled at many times a day, and all too easy to get fed up and
burned out. To be clear, I'm not excusing poor service by the company any
more than I excuse customers that are often horribly rude.

>Whenever I have talked to customer service they have been polite - clueless
>maybe but polite. But Barbara who works in the "presidential office" is
>demeaning and rude.

Then talk to someone else. Or do you just enjoy complaining about Barbara?

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 9:10:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <4Z80d.408749$%_6.380115@attbi_s01> on Fri, 10 Sep 2004 03:13:05 GMT,
"Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:

>Really. She was so rude. I could not believe it. She deserves to be
>fired. She is making enemies for her company. She should have been polite.
>She should have offered compromise but instead she acted like she was the
>boss and I was out of line. I didn't even raise my voice even though I told
>her she did not have to be so rude.

Complaining about Barbara again. Isn't it time to move on? One person does
not a company make. Don't like Barbara? Talk to someone else. Sheesh.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 9:20:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <3V80d.16058$D%.5096@attbi_s51> on Fri, 10 Sep 2004 03:08:48 GMT,
"Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:

>"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>news:o M00d.12858$54.180966@typhoon.sonic.net...

>> Being high up on a hill is bad for cellular, because systems are designed to
>> minimize upward signal propagation.
>
> It reached up here 5 years ago.

As I've pointed out several times, you can't count on that (with any carrier).
Regardless, when it stopped working well, you should have dealt with the
problem, instead of letting so many months go by. That was your choice.

>> Only by comparison to other cellular carriers. Just like other carriers,
>> Verizon has it own problems and horror stories, just somewhat less of them on
>> average.
>
>Check Consumer reports. It isn't somewhat less.

I've read many studies, some of which are more authoritative and detailed than
Consumer Reports. The reality is that customer service is a weakness in
cellular, and that differences between carriers are relatively modest.

>> That is of course the best reason of all. Just be warned that you can't count
>> on that continuing, any more than you could with Cingular -- it might get
>> worse in the future.
>
>Why?

Because that's the nature of the beast, as I've tried to explain. It's quite
possible that your local Verizon tower is currently giving you good service
because the current load is light, and that your service will degrade as the
load increases (an unfortunate characteristic of CDMA, the technology used by
Verizon, as compared to TDMA or GSM). Then again, it might not. There's
really no way to know.

>And one year contracts are availible with Verizon.

Likewise Cingular. (I'm currently on a 1-year Cingular contract.)

>> >After talking to Barbara I hate Cingular.
>>
>> With all due respect, I think that's an overreaction.
>
>Well, you weren't there. I used to work in PR.

PR and CS are entirely different, worlds apart. Work in CS and you'll quickly
find out how unpleasant it can be. Regardless, that's only one person, not
the entire company. Unless you just enjoy complaining, move on, and talk to
someone else.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 9:29:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
news:Jdl0d.13040$54.182552@typhoon.sonic.net...
> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <4Z80d.408749$%_6.380115@attbi_s01> on Fri, 10 Sep 2004 03:13:05 GMT,
> "Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >Really. She was so rude. I could not believe it. She deserves to be
> >fired. She is making enemies for her company. She should have been
polite.
> >She should have offered compromise but instead she acted like she was the
> >boss and I was out of line. I didn't even raise my voice even though I
told
> >her she did not have to be so rude.
>
> Complaining about Barbara again. Isn't it time to move on? One person
does
> not a company make. Don't like Barbara? Talk to someone else. Sheesh.

She called me from the Office of the president. Supposedly she is higher
up on the chain.

T
>
> --
> Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 9:38:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <X5p0d.412638$%_6.256863@attbi_s01>,
"Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:

> > Insults again.
>
> I am incredulous. Or perhaps you have permission to insult because it is
> your newsgroup?

John Navas has permission to insult for the sole reason that John Navas
wants to.

He does consider this "his" newsgroup, and as such considers whatever he
says, and however he says it, to be on-topic and perfectly correct.

All hail John Navas!
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 9:54:06 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
news:Snl0d.13043$54.182678@typhoon.sonic.net...
> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <3V80d.16058$D%.5096@attbi_s51> on Fri, 10 Sep 2004 03:08:48 GMT,
> "Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
> >news:o M00d.12858$54.180966@typhoon.sonic.net...
>
> >> Being high up on a hill is bad for cellular, because systems are
designed to
> >> minimize upward signal propagation.
> >
> > It reached up here 5 years ago.
>
> As I've pointed out several times, you can't count on that (with any
carrier).
> Regardless, when it stopped working well, you should have dealt with the
> problem, instead of letting so many months go by. That was your choice.
>
> >> Only by comparison to other cellular carriers. Just like other
carriers,
> >> Verizon has it own problems and horror stories, just somewhat less of
them on
> >> average.
> >
> >Check Consumer reports. It isn't somewhat less.
>
> I've read many studies, some of which are more authoritative and detailed
than
> Consumer Reports. The reality is that customer service is a weakness in
> cellular, and that differences between carriers are relatively modest.
>
> >> That is of course the best reason of all. Just be warned that you
can't count
> >> on that continuing, any more than you could with Cingular -- it might
get
> >> worse in the future.
> >
> >Why?
>
> Because that's the nature of the beast, as I've tried to explain. It's
quite
> possible that your local Verizon tower is currently giving you good
service
> because the current load is light, and that your service will degrade as
the
> load increases (an unfortunate characteristic of CDMA, the technology used
by
> Verizon, as compared to TDMA or GSM). Then again, it might not. There's
> really no way to know.
>
> >And one year contracts are availible with Verizon.
>
> Likewise Cingular. (I'm currently on a 1-year Cingular contract.)
>
> >> >After talking to Barbara I hate Cingular.
> >>
> >> With all due respect, I think that's an overreaction.
> >
> >Well, you weren't there. I used to work in PR.
>
> PR and CS are entirely different, worlds apart. Work in CS and you'll
quickly
> find out how unpleasant it can be. Regardless, that's only one person,
not
> the entire company. Unless you just enjoy complaining, move on, and talk
to
> someone else.

I had lots of different jobs when I was in undergraduate school that were
gut jobs. That is pure BS. They should be fired if they can't do the
job.

T
>
> --
> Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 11:05:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <6Vl0d.278284$8_6.192222@attbi_s04> on Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:56:18 GMT,
"Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:

>"1234" <1234@5678.910> wrote in message
>news:bql3k0te748do1e2diue313cs1le83lob7@4ax.com...

>> I should of also made clear, I am talking about the dreaded
>> "..office of the president.." <chuckle> in that statement..
>
>Exactly the same people that were so rude to us. ...

Same people? You mean Barbara? How do you know? Or is that just guilt by
association? ;-)

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 11:21:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <4wl0d.168481$mD.122860@attbi_s02> on Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:29:36 GMT,
"Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:

>"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>news:Jdl0d.13040$54.182552@typhoon.sonic.net...

>> Complaining about Barbara again. Isn't it time to move on? One person does
>> not a company make. Don't like Barbara? Talk to someone else. Sheesh.
>
>She called me from the Office of the president. Supposedly she is higher
>up on the chain.

So what?

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 10, 2004 11:23:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <2Tl0d.168522$mD.22437@attbi_s02> on Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:54:06 GMT,
"Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:

>"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>news:Snl0d.13043$54.182678@typhoon.sonic.net...

>> PR and CS are entirely different, worlds apart. Work in CS and you'll quickly
>> find out how unpleasant it can be. Regardless, that's only one person, not
>> the entire company. Unless you just enjoy complaining, move on, and talk to
>> someone else.
>
>I had lots of different jobs when I was in undergraduate school that were
>gut jobs. That is pure BS. They should be fired if they can't do the
>job.

I didn't say gut jobs (whatever that is), I said CS. You clearly lack such
experience, or you'd know what I was talking about. They have to put up with
incredible amounts of grief and frustration. Most don't last more than a few
months before they get fed up and quit, and finding replacements is damn
difficult.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 1:50:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
news:abn0d.13074$54.182893@typhoon.sonic.net...
> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <2Tl0d.168522$mD.22437@attbi_s02> on Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:54:06 GMT,
> "Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
> >news:Snl0d.13043$54.182678@typhoon.sonic.net...
>
> >> PR and CS are entirely different, worlds apart. Work in CS and you'll
quickly
> >> find out how unpleasant it can be. Regardless, that's only one person,
not
> >> the entire company. Unless you just enjoy complaining, move on, and
talk to
> >> someone else.
> >
> >I had lots of different jobs when I was in undergraduate school that were
> >gut jobs. That is pure BS. They should be fired if they can't do the
> >job.
>
> I didn't say gut jobs (whatever that is), I said CS. You clearly lack
such
> experience, or you'd know what I was talking about. They have to put up
with
> incredible amounts of grief and frustration. Most don't last more than a
few
> months before they get fed up and quit, and finding replacements is damn
> difficult.

That is just an excuse and you don't know me you just make a lot of unfound
assumptions because for some reason you love Cingular.

T
>
> --
> Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 1:50:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <Ckp0d.169184$mD.130350@attbi_s02>,
"Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:

> > I didn't say gut jobs (whatever that is), I said CS. You clearly lack
> such
> > experience, or you'd know what I was talking about. They have to put up
> with
> > incredible amounts of grief and frustration. Most don't last more than a
> few
> > months before they get fed up and quit, and finding replacements is damn
> > difficult.
>
> That is just an excuse and you don't know me you just make a lot of unfound
> assumptions because for some reason you love Cingular.

No, it's because he doesn't know you but he has to pretend to know
everything in the world, so he just makes assumptions and operates as if
those assumptions are facts.

See, John Navas believes his own hype--that whatever comes out of his
mouth must be true, by dint of having come out of his mouth.
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 5:03:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <n224k09v4bnkue60odevb4k06jgbqetutm@4ax.com> on Fri, 10 Sep 2004 16:17:55
-0400, 1234 <1234@5678.910> wrote:

>>>... I also don't let
>>>MY opinion of Dell blind me to how others have had problems with them.
>
>>I don't either.
>
>Then why the venom?

No venom here.

>I mean, I don't hang around the Dell
>groups answering every post in the company's favor.

I don't either.

>>>>>Do you work for them..? I mean, that last post was pure shill-like..
>
>>In other words, you did.
>
>no no no. I said that what was posted was "..shill like..".
>
>I N-E-V-E-R called anyone a shill.

"A rose by any other name..."

>I just asked if the poster
>worked for Cingular..not a bad thing.

In context, more of an accusation.

>He answered, I said 'ok'.

You're actually upped the rhetoric.

>>That would be a microcell, not an amp.
>
>what-flocking-ever. My work is audio tubes, so I used those words..
>
>Same thing.

No -- big difference.

>BTW, you never answered the ??? waffle-ing ?

I guess I must have missed it.

>>What's wrong with that? It's common industry practice, and for good reason.
>
>WHAT good reason could it be.

To have good service in the store in order to be able to demonstrate phones.

>And now tell me that's a correct practice and legal in my state..

It is.

>I'm sorry to of called you a shill. You are not THAT good.. :) 

As I said. Thanks for making that clear.

Grow up.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 5:05:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <X5p0d.412638$%_6.256863@attbi_s01> on Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:34:47 GMT,
"Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:

>"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>news:i8n0d.13072$54.182931@typhoon.sonic.net...

>> And I stand by what I say, that being nice is far more effective than being
>> not nice.
>
>Sure I agree. We were nice. The Office of the President were the ones who
>were not nice. The "Professionals" cough cough.

Still venting I see.

>> How childish. I now understand why you were treated badly. I'd probably have
>> done the same.
>
>Childish?

Childish.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 5:05:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <T_o0d.68649$3l3.25560@attbi_s03> on Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:27:20 GMT,
"Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:

>Hear Hear!

Just venting, I see. At least now I understand and won't waste any more time
trying to help you.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 5:05:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <Ckp0d.169184$mD.130350@attbi_s02> on Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:50:36 GMT,
"Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:

>"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>news:abn0d.13074$54.182893@typhoon.sonic.net...

>> I didn't say gut jobs (whatever that is), I said CS. You clearly lack such
>> experience, or you'd know what I was talking about. They have to put up with
>> incredible amounts of grief and frustration. Most don't last more than a few
>> months before they get fed up and quit, and finding replacements is damn
>> difficult.
>
>That is just an excuse and you don't know me you just make a lot of unfound
>assumptions because for some reason you love Cingular.

Wrong on both counts. Unless you're had some serious real experience in
actual CS (as I have), you simply don't know what you're talking about.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 5:05:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
news:cbs0d.13121$54.183568@typhoon.sonic.net...
> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <Ckp0d.169184$mD.130350@attbi_s02> on Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:50:36 GMT,
> "Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
> >news:abn0d.13074$54.182893@typhoon.sonic.net...
>
> >> I didn't say gut jobs (whatever that is), I said CS. You clearly lack
such
> >> experience, or you'd know what I was talking about. They have to put
up with
> >> incredible amounts of grief and frustration. Most don't last more than
a few
> >> months before they get fed up and quit, and finding replacements is
damn
> >> difficult.
> >
> >That is just an excuse and you don't know me you just make a lot of
unfound
> >assumptions because for some reason you love Cingular.
>
> Wrong on both counts. Unless you're had some serious real experience in
> actual CS (as I have), you simply don't know what you're talking about.
>
> --

And what about those of us that have management experience in actual CS (as
I have)? Get your head out of your ass and stop blaming everything on
things that never need occur. If you have retention and training issues,
then you need to improve the management, and not whine about the quality of
employees. ANd before you say it- I do know what I'm talking about- you
might try it sometime.

BTW- this looks like you might be providing anecdotal information to me.
According to you, that would make it unreliable and highly suspect.
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 6:52:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
news:8bs0d.13120$54.183390@typhoon.sonic.net...
> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <T_o0d.68649$3l3.25560@attbi_s03> on Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:27:20 GMT,
> "Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >Hear Hear!
>
> Just venting, I see. At least now I understand and won't waste any more
time
> trying to help you.

This is your help. Cingular - correct. Customer wrong.

Cingular should be able to pull any kind of trick or bait and switch and
caveat emptor.

T


>
> --
> Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 6:58:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
news:cbs0d.13121$54.183568@typhoon.sonic.net...
> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <Ckp0d.169184$mD.130350@attbi_s02> on Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:50:36 GMT,
> "Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
> >news:abn0d.13074$54.182893@typhoon.sonic.net...
>
> >> I didn't say gut jobs (whatever that is), I said CS. You clearly lack
such
> >> experience, or you'd know what I was talking about. They have to put
up with
> >> incredible amounts of grief and frustration. Most don't last more than
a few
> >> months before they get fed up and quit, and finding replacements is
damn
> >> difficult.
> >
> >That is just an excuse and you don't know me you just make a lot of
unfound
> >assumptions because for some reason you love Cingular.
>
> Wrong on both counts. Unless you're had some serious real experience in
> actual CS (as I have), you simply don't know what you're talking about.

Well, John I have worked with the public in different positions and have
been on several public committees. I have never been rude or lost my
temper and I have met a lot of lose cannons. When on has a job to do one
must do that job. Personality should not enter into it. That is being too
personally involved in a job.

You may know telecommunications but you are not people wise and I imagine
you would have a difficult time holding your temper. And with your
condescending attitude you probably irritate people and have been yelled
at. I don't doubt it. I don't think you have the personality for it.
>
> --
> Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 10:14:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <zOednXo226tk8t_cRVn-iw@adelphia.com> on Fri, 10 Sep 2004 21:24:47 -0600,
"Scott Stephenson" <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote:

>"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>news:cbs0d.13121$54.183568@typhoon.sonic.net...

>> Wrong on both counts. Unless you're had some serious real experience in
>> actual CS (as I have), you simply don't know what you're talking about.

>And what about those of us that have management experience in actual CS (as
>I have)?

If so, then you should know what I'm talking about.

>Get your head out of your ass and stop blaming everything on
>things that never need occur. If you have retention and training issues,
>then you need to improve the management, and not whine about the quality of
>employees. ANd before you say it- I do know what I'm talking about- you
>might try it sometime.

So do I, and I have. My turnover rates were among the lowest in the area, but
still prohibitively expensive.

>BTW- this looks like you might be providing anecdotal information to me.
>According to you, that would make it unreliable and highly suspect.

No, it's a matter of professional expertise.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 11, 2004 11:08:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In article <0ae6k01e56l2b0me8camro4sq3dvc8fcfq@4ax.com>,
1234 <1234@5678.910> wrote:

> Folks, I've had a chance to read the past years
> postings here, and I tell ya, this John Navas
> is just Cingular's bitch. I'd guess, he has the
> orange logo all over his walls, tattooed on his
> arm, and stickers on his tricycle. I mean, why
> else would he be so zealous over this..? I don't
> see anyone else being Cingular's bitch. Maybe
> it's the only way he can get his phone paid for.

When you think about it, that's what gives his life meaning.

It's sad, but there you have it.
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 1:24:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
news:qJw0d.13145$54.184608@typhoon.sonic.net...
> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <zOednXo226tk8t_cRVn-iw@adelphia.com> on Fri, 10 Sep 2004
21:24:47 -0600,
> "Scott Stephenson" <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote:
>
> >"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
> >news:cbs0d.13121$54.183568@typhoon.sonic.net...
>
> >> Wrong on both counts. Unless you're had some serious real experience
in
> >> actual CS (as I have), you simply don't know what you're talking about.
>
> >And what about those of us that have management experience in actual CS
(as
> >I have)?
>
> If so, then you should know what I'm talking about.

Actually, I disagree with you depiction altogether. Blaming the quality of
service on the representatives shows a lack of true understanding. They can
only provide the level of service that they are trained by management to
provide. To blame poor service on these people is grossly inaccurate, and
to blame the quality of service on the available employment pool is
laughable- those that take this attitude generally hire the first warm body
in the door.

>
> >Get your head out of your ass and stop blaming everything on
> >things that never need occur. If you have retention and training issues,
> >then you need to improve the management, and not whine about the quality
of
> >employees. ANd before you say it- I do know what I'm talking about- you
> >might try it sometime.
>
> So do I, and I have. My turnover rates were among the lowest in the area,
but
> still prohibitively expensive.

And how much of that turnover was do the the lack of quality in training?

>
> >BTW- this looks like you might be providing anecdotal information to me.
> >According to you, that would make it unreliable and highly suspect.
>
> No, it's a matter of professional expertise.

No, it is anecdotal- yours is no different than any other, except in your
mind.
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 7:33:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <HHu0d.70136$3l3.36313@attbi_s03> on Sat, 11 Sep 2004 03:56:23 GMT,
"Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:

>Look at what I found on the Cingular site.
>http://www.cingular.com/customer_service/fcc_disclosure... It sounds to me
>like John is wrong. We did not have to be detectives! Cingular should have
>notified us!
>FCC Required disclosures
>SBC WIRELESS AGENCY AGREEMENT

Read "WITNESSETH" carefully and you will see that this particular document
pertains only to the sale of Cingular wireless service by SBC (not Cingular)
to SBC customers.

>6.5 Technological Changes. If technological changes change the size of
>NewCo's coverage area for a type of Wireless Service or impose restrictions
>on the use of applicable Equipment, NewCo will provide Agent with written
>notification of such changes and Agent will inform Subscribers activated by
>Agent after receipt of such notice from NewCo of such changes or
>restrictions. Failure by Agent to use good faith efforts to inform
>Subscribers activated by Agent after receipt by Agent of such notice from
>NewCo of such changes will be considered a material breach of this
>Agreement.

That pertains to notification by SBC (Agent), not Cingular.

>I think I am off to file a complaint with the FCC.

Did you buy service from SBC (not Cingular itself)? Regardless, you
apparently have more time to waste than I do. The FCC doesn't enforce
individual complaints. Your time would be better spent dealing with your
problem. My suggestions would be a good place to start.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 7:34:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <qLt0d.170388$mD.41913@attbi_s02> on Sat, 11 Sep 2004 02:52:06 GMT,
"Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:

>"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>news:8bs0d.13120$54.183390@typhoon.sonic.net...

>> Just venting, I see. At least now I understand and won't waste any more time
>> trying to help you.
>
>This is your help. Cingular - correct. Customer wrong.

The facts are the facts. My help was specific suggestions on how to deal with
your problem.

>Cingular should be able to pull any kind of trick or bait and switch and
>caveat emptor.

That wasn't the case with you, as you've effectively admitted.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 7:39:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <zRt0d.69890$3l3.18071@attbi_s03> on Sat, 11 Sep 2004 02:58:43 GMT,
"Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:

>"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>news:cbs0d.13121$54.183568@typhoon.sonic.net...

>> ... Unless you're had some serious real experience in
>> actual CS (as I have), you simply don't know what you're talking about.
>
>Well, John I have worked with the public in different positions and have
>been on several public committees. I have never been rude or lost my
>temper and I have met a lot of lose cannons.

Likewise. CS is quite different.

>When on has a job to do one
>must do that job. Personality should not enter into it. That is being too
>personally involved in a job.

In general, yes, but the converse is likewise true -- there's no excuse for
being unpleasant to CS reps, yet that's what they have to deal with, day in
and day out.

>You may know telecommunications but you are not people wise and I imagine
>you would have a difficult time holding your temper.

You would be wrong, which isn't terribly surprising, since you've never
actually met me.

>And with your
>condescending attitude you probably irritate people and have been yelled
>at. I don't doubt it. I don't think you have the personality for it.

Just because I'm not sympathetic to your self-inflicted plight. I think that
speaks for itself.

Whatever. I'm done. Feel free to have the last word and/or rant on without
me.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 12, 2004 7:41:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

[POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]

In <ctadnXS-JtfqXN7cRVn-gQ@adelphia.com> on Sat, 11 Sep 2004 21:24:55 -0600,
"Scott Stephenson" <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote:

>"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
>news:qJw0d.13145$54.184608@typhoon.sonic.net...

>> If so, then you should know what I'm talking about.
>
>Actually, I disagree with you depiction altogether. ...

Fair enough -- we'll just have to agree to disagree.

>> So do I, and I have. My turnover rates were among the lowest in the area, but
>> still prohibitively expensive.
>
>And how much of that turnover was do the the lack of quality in training?

None.

>> No, it's a matter of professional expertise.
>
>No, it is anecdotal- ...

We'll just to agree to disagree.

--
Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
Anonymous
September 14, 2004 5:22:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

"John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
news:5%Z0d.13333$54.189567@typhoon.sonic.net...
> [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
>
> In <HHu0d.70136$3l3.36313@attbi_s03> on Sat, 11 Sep 2004 03:56:23 GMT,
> "Turbocane" <Turbocane1nospamthem@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >Look at what I found on the Cingular site.
> >http://www.cingular.com/customer_service/fcc_disclosure... It sounds to
me
> >like John is wrong. We did not have to be detectives! Cingular should
have
> >notified us!
> >FCC Required disclosures
> >SBC WIRELESS AGENCY AGREEMENT
>
> Read "WITNESSETH" carefully and you will see that this particular document
> pertains only to the sale of Cingular wireless service by SBC (not
Cingular)
> to SBC customers.
>
> >6.5 Technological Changes. If technological changes change the size of
> >NewCo's coverage area for a type of Wireless Service or impose
restrictions
> >on the use of applicable Equipment, NewCo will provide Agent with written
> >notification of such changes and Agent will inform Subscribers activated
by
> >Agent after receipt of such notice from NewCo of such changes or
> >restrictions. Failure by Agent to use good faith efforts to inform
> >Subscribers activated by Agent after receipt by Agent of such notice from
> >NewCo of such changes will be considered a material breach of this
> >Agreement.
>
> That pertains to notification by SBC (Agent), not Cingular.
>
> >I think I am off to file a complaint with the FCC.
>
> Did you buy service from SBC (not Cingular itself)? Regardless, you
> apparently have more time to waste than I do. The FCC doesn't enforce
> individual complaints. Your time would be better spent dealing with your
> problem. My suggestions would be a good place to start.

Yup from SBC. Hmm but one can still make a complaint.

T
>
> --
> Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
> John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular&gt;
!