zodiacboyscorp

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2005
Aspire Navigator case with 500W PS.
Opty 165 (not overclocked)
DFI Lanparty NF4 UT-D
WD Sata 2 250 GB Hard Drive
PCI - X850XT
2 DVD writer drives - The popular NEC ones.
2x1 GB OCZ Platinum Ram
19 inch LCD Hyundai - Response 8ms/1024-1280 res

Alright I got an extra couple hundred coming to play with, computer upgrades. This computer is brand new cgot everything working, software problem gave me a nightmare thought. :p

First graphic card is good, I barely play games. The only game I really play is World of Warcraft 3. (I haven't done WOW yet, however I feel that I will have no problem). I do use gametap, but that's about it.

I more love multimedia, I use this computer to do graphics (photoshop), design webpages (dreamweaver), and do multimedia stuff. Copy DVD's, make mp3's from my cds for mp3 player, etc.

I'm going to buy a new powersupply.

List to do
Antec TruePower 2.0 TP-II 550 550W Power Supply (Priority for good power supply and futuer OC)

WD Sata 2 250 GB Hard Drive - 2nd for Raid - don't know if it'll make a huge difference but later it will so I can save my favorite program while doing things on my other processor.

Multi-Media card reader, know of any good ones?

Video Tuner - ATI 550 variant

Anything I'm forgetting?

zyzplasmaz

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
you didnt list sound card, if you are using the integrated sound card, maybe upgrade to a dedicated especially if you do multimedia stuff

zodiacboyscorp

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2005
yeah. Been using the intergrated one, thought the sound quality was quite well. However good idea.

Any good ones you can recommend for the price?

zyzplasmaz

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2006
im not an audiophile so i just go one of the cheaper creative sooundblaster 24!bit live cards which was like $20.
They have this though, the OEM is $2 cheaper:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102002

If you really want quality, i hear the Audigy 2 ZS are good but they are a bit more expensive. if you really want good sound, then get the x-fi ones which i hear are awesome but it is a hefty premium. i dont know about other sound card manufacturers.

for mult-media card reader, i guess get the cheapest one you like. they're all the same i think and they get the job done. just make sure it supports the media you plan to use 8)