X2 Mobile Platform available now

CompGeek

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2005
That's no laptop,that's a performance expensive brick.
I'd go for nothing but M/Duo/Turion.
I wonder how much battery life it has. :roll:

Nice though. :D Much better than my current rig.

luminaris

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
yeah, its pricey but, sure would be sweet to have it sitting on my bench! I priced it with all the bells and whistles, came out to be like 5700 bucks!

Its really gonna be awesome when they offer SLI with the mobile FX60.

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
SLI on a lappy? I can hear the video chips smackin their lips on the juice that they will suck on...

Ya think they might put wheels on it so you can generate power, to recharge the battery?

Or some kind of ESD charge from the user, when walking on carpet?

Or a portable gas generator to run every now and then..

or solar panels?

Wind mill power?

Okay... I need to lay off on the caffine :lol:

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Weighing just over 15 pounds, the laptop and its variants will really act as desktop replacement computers rather than laptops at all. With an 18" by 13" footprint, the Clevo notebook is not exactly something you would lug around to class either.

:roll:

luminaris

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
Actually, I agree with you there. But let's take another approach at this:

First of all, what if Intel and AMD can achieve up to 5 hour battery life on such a laptop? Will that spark interest?

What if a SLI machine with a 19inch widescreen was priced comparably to a desktop?

We do have to think about heat index and cooling. Not to mention weight.

I'm sure that will never happen but, WidowPC is coming out with one. I find it rather interesting myself.

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
Actually, I agree with you there. But let's take another approach at this:

First of all, what if Intel and AMD can achieve up to 5 hour battery life on such a laptop? Will that spark interest?

What if a SLI machine with a 19inch widescreen was priced comparably to a desktop?

We do have to think about heat index and cooling. Not to mention weight.

I'm sure that will never happen but, WidowPC is coming out with one. I find it rather interesting myself.

My friend is purchasing a new laptop for his College at Rochester Institute of Technology, he's getting a X2 4400+ w/ a 7800GTX, 2GB of RAM, and 2 60GB SATA 5400RPM drives in RAID 0 and 2 batteries, should be interesting to see his battery life.

BTW: He's paying $3,300 for it LOL, but he already spent $3,500 on a Dual AMD Opteron 64 Gaming/Converting Rig w/ SLI, 8 HDD's and 2GB of RAM heh.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time

MadModMike

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2006
LOL, no brainer there ... Let's see:

Battery 1 = 5 minutes
Battery 2 = another 5 minutes

LOL

Yep, that's what I told him LOL. He said he was going to get the FX-60 in it, but he thought the idea of having his laptop (Dual 2.6GHz) being faster than his desktop (Dual 2.4GHz Opteron's) was a disturbing site, lol.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time