blurred black (epson stylus color 800)

tanya

hi,
epson stylus 800 printer -- black printing is blurred (color is fine)
any advice on why and how to fix this would be appreciated!

Are you using all genuine Epson inks? If so have you always used Epson
inks?

Tanya wrote:

> hi,
> epson stylus 800 printer -- black printing is blurred (color is fine)
> any advice on why and how to fix this would be appreciated!

Hi Tanya,

Email me and request the Epson Cleaning Manual.

No cost, no spam, easy to fix with under $2 worth of supplies.

You have a partially clogged black head, and ink built up under the
printhead.

Art

Tanya wrote:

> hi,
> epson stylus 800 printer -- black printing is blurred (color is fine)
> any advice on why and how to fix this would be appreciated!

tanya

hi,
thanks for answering...

measekite wrote:

> Are you using all genuine Epson inks?

yes

> If so have you always used Epson
> inks?

no
:)
(i cleaned the printheads since...)

> Tanya wrote:
>
> > hi,
> > epson stylus 800 printer -- black printing is blurred (color is fine)
> > any advice on why and how to fix this would be appreciated!

tanya

hi,
thanks for the reply!
i would appreciate the epson cleaning manual.
i have the epson service manual and a while back (~1.5 months ago) cleaned
the cap assembly, the cleaning station, the printHeads, and lubricated the
silver bar; cleaned the timing belt -- prior to this it had not functioned
at all.
sincerely
Tanya

Tanya wrote:
> hi,
> thanks for the reply!
> i would appreciate the epson cleaning manual.
> i have the epson service manual and a while back (~1.5 months ago) cleaned
> the cap assembly, the cleaning station, the printHeads, and lubricated the
> silver bar; cleaned the timing belt -- prior to this it had not functioned
> at all.
Tanya-

You really ought to E-mail him, with a good return address. Of course he
can de-bug your E-mail addy, but it's nicer to send and E-mail rather
than post.

--

John McWilliams

With Black Only printing you also lose resolution. Could it be a resolution
issue? In colour printing CMYK black ink is also used to achieve density.

"Tanya" <tjtmdREMOVE_THIS@attglobal.net> wrote in message
> hi,
> epson stylus 800 printer -- black printing is blurred (color is fine)
> any advice on why and how to fix this would be appreciated!

Thanks John, she has done so.

Art