blurred black (epson stylus color 800)

hi,
epson stylus 800 printer -- black printing is blurred (color is fine)
any advice on why and how to fix this would be appreciated!
7 answers Last reply
More about blurred black epson stylus color

    Are you using all genuine Epson inks? If so have you always used Epson
    inks?

    Tanya wrote:

    > hi,
    > epson stylus 800 printer -- black printing is blurred (color is fine)
    > any advice on why and how to fix this would be appreciated!

    Hi Tanya,

    Email me and request the Epson Cleaning Manual.

    No cost, no spam, easy to fix with under $2 worth of supplies.

    You have a partially clogged black head, and ink built up under the
    printhead.

    Art

    Tanya wrote:

    > hi,
    > epson stylus 800 printer -- black printing is blurred (color is fine)
    > any advice on why and how to fix this would be appreciated!

    hi,
    thanks for answering...

    measekite wrote:

    > Are you using all genuine Epson inks?

    yes

    > If so have you always used Epson
    > inks?

    no
    :-)
    (i cleaned the printheads since...)

    > Tanya wrote:
    >
    > > hi,
    > > epson stylus 800 printer -- black printing is blurred (color is fine)
    > > any advice on why and how to fix this would be appreciated!

    hi,
    thanks for the reply!
    i would appreciate the epson cleaning manual.
    i have the epson service manual and a while back (~1.5 months ago) cleaned
    the cap assembly, the cleaning station, the printHeads, and lubricated the
    silver bar; cleaned the timing belt -- prior to this it had not functioned
    at all.
    sincerely
    Tanya

    Tanya wrote:
    > hi,
    > thanks for the reply!
    > i would appreciate the epson cleaning manual.
    > i have the epson service manual and a while back (~1.5 months ago) cleaned
    > the cap assembly, the cleaning station, the printHeads, and lubricated the
    > silver bar; cleaned the timing belt -- prior to this it had not functioned
    > at all.
    Tanya-

    You really ought to E-mail him, with a good return address. Of course he
    can de-bug your E-mail addy, but it's nicer to send and E-mail rather
    than post.

    --

    John McWilliams

    With Black Only printing you also lose resolution. Could it be a resolution
    issue? In colour printing CMYK black ink is also used to achieve density.

    "Tanya" <tjtmdREMOVE_THIS@attglobal.net> wrote in message
    > hi,
    > epson stylus 800 printer -- black printing is blurred (color is fine)
    > any advice on why and how to fix this would be appreciated!

    Thanks John, she has done so.

    Art

    John McWilliams wrote:

    > Tanya wrote:
    >
    >> hi,
    >> thanks for the reply!
    >> i would appreciate the epson cleaning manual.
    >> i have the epson service manual and a while back (~1.5 months ago)
    >> cleaned
    >> the cap assembly, the cleaning station, the printHeads, and lubricated
    >> the
    >> silver bar; cleaned the timing belt -- prior to this it had not
    >> functioned
    >> at all.
    >
    > Tanya-
    >
    > You really ought to E-mail him, with a good return address. Of course he
    > can de-bug your E-mail addy, but it's nicer to send and E-mail rather
    > than post.
    >
    > --
    >
    > John McWilliams

Printers Stylus Epson Peripherals