Bird strike

Hi Goran,

Mate, if I ever have a bird strike here in Brisbane, it doesn't look
anything like that at all!!

AND, it's that time of the year again, so I'll apologise in advance, as
usual, for what we Queenslanders are going to do to you Cockroaches in the
State of Origin....

This year an extra request, though - can you take a photo of our flag
flying over the Sydney Harbour Bridge, and send it to me?? :))

No rush, mate - any time after you've recovered from the drubbing!!

Regards,
John Ward
"Goran" <captaing> wrote in message news:429150e1$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
> http://www.dallasrcclub.org/BirdStrike.html

Goran

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

hmmm
Don't think I can take a photo of the queensland flag on the bridge in my
lifetime. This is the time when the phrase "It'll be a cold day in hell..."
fits perfectly. Queensland to win the S.O.O?
Not likely.
But I'll let you live your fantasy for the moment.

"John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi Goran,
>
> Mate, if I ever have a bird strike here in Brisbane, it doesn't look
> anything like that at all!!
>
> AND, it's that time of the year again, so I'll apologise in advance, as
> usual, for what we Queenslanders are going to do to you Cockroaches in the
> State of Origin....
>
> This year an extra request, though - can you take a photo of our flag
> flying over the Sydney Harbour Bridge, and send it to me?? :))
>
> No rush, mate - any time after you've recovered from the drubbing!!
>
> Regards,
> John Ward
> "Goran" <captaing> wrote in message news:429150e1$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
>> http://www.dallasrcclub.org/BirdStrike.html

Hi Goran,

Think again, mate - 1 down and 1 to go!! :)) (nyuk, nyuk...)

What a game - that must have been a bitter-sweet experience for you
Cockroaches to watch!?

Of course, the result was never in doubt - we were just toying with you
guys!! :))

Regards,
Queenslander John

"Goran" <captaing> wrote in message news:4291cadd@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
> hmmm
> Don't think I can take a photo of the queensland flag on the bridge in my
> lifetime. This is the time when the phrase "It'll be a cold day in
> hell..." fits perfectly. Queensland to win the S.O.O?
> Not likely.
> But I'll let you live your fantasy for the moment.
>>:eek:)
>
> "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hi Goran,
>>
>> Mate, if I ever have a bird strike here in Brisbane, it doesn't look
>> anything like that at all!!
>>
>> AND, it's that time of the year again, so I'll apologise in advance,
>> as usual, for what we Queenslanders are going to do to you Cockroaches in
>> the State of Origin....
>>
>> This year an extra request, though - can you take a photo of our flag
>> flying over the Sydney Harbour Bridge, and send it to me?? :))
>>
>> No rush, mate - any time after you've recovered from the drubbing!!
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ward
>> "Goran" <captaing> wrote in message news:429150e1$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
>>> http://www.dallasrcclub.org/BirdStrike.html

Goran

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

I suppose you didn't see the knock on that was allowed by the ref?
I switched the channel right after I saw that.
Disgusting, and anyone that says it was fair, should be strung up by the
gonads.
If it weren't for the knock on, we would have won the game.
But you know what they say, it's not over til you know what.

> Hi Goran,
>
> Think again, mate - 1 down and 1 to go!! :)) (nyuk, nyuk...)
>
> What a game - that must have been a bitter-sweet experience for you
> Cockroaches to watch!?
>
> Of course, the result was never in doubt - we were just toying with you
> guys!! :))
>
> Regards,
> Queenslander John
>

> "Goran" <captaing> wrote in message news:4291cadd@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
>> hmmm
>> Don't think I can take a photo of the queensland flag on the bridge in my
>> lifetime. This is the time when the phrase "It'll be a cold day in
>> hell..." fits perfectly. Queensland to win the S.O.O?
>> Not likely.
>> But I'll let you live your fantasy for the moment.
>>>:eek:)
>>
>> "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>>> Hi Goran,
>>>
>>> Mate, if I ever have a bird strike here in Brisbane, it doesn't look
>>> anything like that at all!!
>>>
>>> AND, it's that time of the year again, so I'll apologise in advance,
>>> as usual, for what we Queenslanders are going to do to you Cockroaches
>>> in the State of Origin....
>>>
>>> This year an extra request, though - can you take a photo of our flag
>>> flying over the Sydney Harbour Bridge, and send it to me?? :))
>>>
>>> No rush, mate - any time after you've recovered from the drubbing!!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> John Ward

Hi Goran,

Blind Freddy could see that knock on, mate! In fact, I reckon, as Varmit
says, Ray Charles would have seen it if he'd been there!! :))

I think the Ref' was the only bloke who missed it - but I wouldn't be
one of them for quids.

It's hard enough to spot some things even on the slow-motion replays!!

The Opera lady hasn't sung yet, mate, but I reckon you guys better start
dusting off a spot on your bridge railings - preferably somewhere prominent,
like smack-bang in the centre, at the highest point!! :)))

On the other, in the unlikely event that we get thumped in Game 2, feel
free to disregard all this.......

Never let a chance go by, I always say. :))

Regards,
John Ward
"Goran" <captaing> wrote in message news:4295396b$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
>I suppose you didn't see the knock on that was allowed by the ref?
> I switched the channel right after I saw that.
> Disgusting, and anyone that says it was fair, should be strung up by the
> gonads.
> If it weren't for the knock on, we would have won the game.
> But you know what they say, it's not over til you know what.
> :eek:)
>

> "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hi Goran,
>>
>> Think again, mate - 1 down and 1 to go!! :)) (nyuk, nyuk...)
>>
>> What a game - that must have been a bitter-sweet experience for you
>> Cockroaches to watch!?
>>
>> Of course, the result was never in doubt - we were just toying with
>> you guys!! :))
>>
>> Regards,
>> Queenslander John
>>

>> "Goran" <captaing> wrote in message news:4291cadd@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
>>> hmmm
>>> Don't think I can take a photo of the queensland flag on the bridge in
>>> my lifetime. This is the time when the phrase "It'll be a cold day in
>>> hell..." fits perfectly. Queensland to win the S.O.O?
>>> Not likely.
>>> But I'll let you live your fantasy for the moment.
>>>
>>> "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

Goran

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

thumped? Not a good choice of words. I prefer slaughtered. Demolished.
Knocked into oblivion. Thrown into next thursday.
They'd fit the situation better, yes?

> Hi Goran,
>
> Blind Freddy could see that knock on, mate! In fact, I reckon, as
> Varmit says, Ray Charles would have seen it if he'd been there!! :))
>
> I think the Ref' was the only bloke who missed it - but I wouldn't be
> one of them for quids.
>
> It's hard enough to spot some things even on the slow-motion replays!!
>
> The Opera lady hasn't sung yet, mate, but I reckon you guys better
> start dusting off a spot on your bridge railings - preferably somewhere
> prominent, like smack-bang in the centre, at the highest point!! :)))
>
> On the other, in the unlikely event that we get thumped in Game 2, feel
> free to disregard all this.......
>
> Never let a chance go by, I always say. :))
>
> Regards,
> John Ward
> "Goran" <captaing> wrote in message news:4295396b$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
>>I suppose you didn't see the knock on that was allowed by the ref?
>> I switched the channel right after I saw that.
>> Disgusting, and anyone that says it was fair, should be strung up by the
>> gonads.
>> If it weren't for the knock on, we would have won the game.
>> But you know what they say, it's not over til you know what.
>> :eek:)
>>

>> "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>>> Hi Goran,
>>>
>>> Think again, mate - 1 down and 1 to go!! :)) (nyuk, nyuk...)
>>>
>>> What a game - that must have been a bitter-sweet experience for you
>>> Cockroaches to watch!?
>>>
>>> Of course, the result was never in doubt - we were just toying with
>>> you guys!! :))
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Queenslander John

Hi Goran,

"Yes?"

Err, NO mate - I get a little nervous when we play down there in the
freezing cold, because you blokes will probably water the pitch again, and
we'll also have a Ref' with his only eye firmly favouring you Cockroaches!!
Strewth!!!

If by some miracle/subterfuge we do lose by a whisker, or bee's......,
I'd be preferring to think about being thrown into the next Thursday week,
rather than the next Thursday, as that would be the day this will become a
reality, and not just some idle chatter on a n/g, and we'll rightfully go
ahead in the overall series, outright, let alone considering all those
advantages you had in the early years after 1980..... :))

I hope you've got a good camera (and a steady hand), mate!! :)))

Regards, and Commiserations in advance,
John Ward
"Goran" <captaing> wrote in message news:4295645c@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
> thumped? Not a good choice of words. I prefer slaughtered. Demolished.
> Knocked into oblivion. Thrown into next thursday.
> They'd fit the situation better, yes?
>>:eek:)
>
> "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hi Goran,
>>
>> Blind Freddy could see that knock on, mate! In fact, I reckon, as
>> Varmit says, Ray Charles would have seen it if he'd been there!! :))
>>
>> I think the Ref' was the only bloke who missed it - but I wouldn't be
>> one of them for quids.
>>
>> It's hard enough to spot some things even on the slow-motion replays!!
>>
>> The Opera lady hasn't sung yet, mate, but I reckon you guys better
>> start dusting off a spot on your bridge railings - preferably somewhere
>> prominent, like smack-bang in the centre, at the highest point!! :)))
>>
>> On the other, in the unlikely event that we get thumped in Game 2,
>> feel free to disregard all this.......
>>
>> Never let a chance go by, I always say. :))
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ward
>> "Goran" <captaing> wrote in message news:4295396b$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
>>>I suppose you didn't see the knock on that was allowed by the ref?
>>> I switched the channel right after I saw that.
>>> Disgusting, and anyone that says it was fair, should be strung up by the
>>> gonads.
>>> If it weren't for the knock on, we would have won the game.
>>> But you know what they say, it's not over til you know what.
>>> :eek:)
>>>

>>> "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

Hi Goran,

Just heard a real rip-snorter, mate:

"There was this 4-yr old boy living in N,S,W,, and the family situation
ended up in the relevant Court, as enough of the various Government
Authorities eventually decided that there was an alleged/possible/potential
problem with the child's safety, due to various child abuse questions
regarding both the Mother's, and the Father's, conduct regarding the child
being beaten!!!

Horrible!!!

What was the Court's decision, I hear you ask, in a hushed tone??

In their wisdom, they decided to let the 4-yr old child decide who he
would feel most comfortable living with, and, given all the circumstances,
this was his decision (quite illuminating, for a young N.S.W. boy, IMHO, I
might add).

"I choose to live with the New South Wales State of Origin Team, as I
don't think they are ever likely to ever beat ANYBODY!!!!!" :))))))

My apologies in advance, mate, AGAIN! :))

Regards,
Queenslander John

`
"Goran" <captaing> wrote in message news:4295645c@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
> thumped? Not a good choice of words. I prefer slaughtered. Demolished.
> Knocked into oblivion. Thrown into next thursday.
> They'd fit the situation better, yes?
>>:eek:)
>
> "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hi Goran,
>>
>> Blind Freddy could see that knock on, mate! In fact, I reckon, as
>> Varmit says, Ray Charles would have seen it if he'd been there!! :))
>>
>> I think the Ref' was the only bloke who missed it - but I wouldn't be
>> one of them for quids.
>>
>> It's hard enough to spot some things even on the slow-motion replays!!
>>
>> The Opera lady hasn't sung yet, mate, but I reckon you guys better
>> start dusting off a spot on your bridge railings - preferably somewhere
>> prominent, like smack-bang in the centre, at the highest point!! :)))
>>
>> On the other, in the unlikely event that we get thumped in Game 2,
>> feel free to disregard all this.......
>>
>> Never let a chance go by, I always say. :))
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ward
>> "Goran" <captaing> wrote in message news:4295396b$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
>>>I suppose you didn't see the knock on that was allowed by the ref?
>>> I switched the channel right after I saw that.
>>> Disgusting, and anyone that says it was fair, should be strung up by the
>>> gonads.
>>> If it weren't for the knock on, we would have won the game.
>>> But you know what they say, it's not over til you know what.
>>> :eek:)
>>>

>>> "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message

Goran

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2004

*yawn*
ya know what John? We won last year, mate.
Won? Hell, we mopped the field with you banana benders.
This year, let it be known, if we lose, we threw the game. Just to give you
a chance to redeem yourselves after last years glorious win. I mean, we
have to feel some sort of sympathy after the recent SNOW you guys had last
week. What was that all about?
(Breaking into song) Where else but Queensland??

> Hi Goran,
>
> Just heard a real rip-snorter, mate:
>
> "There was this 4-yr old boy living in N,S,W,, and the family situation
> ended up in the relevant Court, as enough of the various Government
> Authorities eventually decided that there was an
> alleged/possible/potential problem with the child's safety, due to various
> child abuse questions regarding both the Mother's, and the Father's,
> conduct regarding the child being beaten!!!
>
> Horrible!!!
>
> What was the Court's decision, I hear you ask, in a hushed tone??
>
> In their wisdom, they decided to let the 4-yr old child decide who he
> would feel most comfortable living with, and, given all the circumstances,
> this was his decision (quite illuminating, for a young N.S.W. boy, IMHO, I
> might add).
>
> "I choose to live with the New South Wales State of Origin Team, as I
> don't think they are ever likely to ever beat ANYBODY!!!!!" :))))))
>
> My apologies in advance, mate, AGAIN! :))
>
> Regards,
> Queenslander John
>
> `
> "Goran" <captaing> wrote in message news:4295645c@dnews.tpgi.com.au...
>> thumped? Not a good choice of words. I prefer slaughtered. Demolished.
>> Knocked into oblivion. Thrown into next thursday.
>> They'd fit the situation better, yes?
>>>:eek:)
>>
>> "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>>> Hi Goran,
>>>
>>> Blind Freddy could see that knock on, mate! In fact, I reckon, as
>>> Varmit says, Ray Charles would have seen it if he'd been there!! :))
>>>
>>> I think the Ref' was the only bloke who missed it - but I wouldn't be
>>> one of them for quids.
>>>
>>> It's hard enough to spot some things even on the slow-motion
>>> replays!!
>>>
>>> The Opera lady hasn't sung yet, mate, but I reckon you guys better
>>> start dusting off a spot on your bridge railings - preferably somewhere
>>> prominent, like smack-bang in the centre, at the highest point!! :)))
>>>
>>> On the other, in the unlikely event that we get thumped in Game 2,
>>> feel free to disregard all this.......
>>>
>>> Never let a chance go by, I always say. :))
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> John Ward

Hi Goran,

Well, there were Kiwis visiting Queensland at the time, so to keep our
reputation as great hosts intact, we had to somehow conjure up some weather
that would make them feel right at home.

It wasn't easy, mate, but, as usual, Queensland came up with the goods!
:))

Regards,
John Ward