Watchguard / Safenet Client and Cisco VPN Client Compatible?

I have been using the Cisco VPN for quite some time with no issues. Recently
we added a Watchguard Firebox in another location and have installed the
Watchguard MUVPN Client, otherwise known as Safenet Client.

Ever since the install, I have not been able use the Cisco Client properly.
If I disable the two Safenet Services, I get prompted for my user id and
password and login to the Cisco concentrator and get an ip, etc. However I
cannot ping anything on the network.

My workaround is to completely uninstall both clients and reinstall the
Cisco by itself. This is not very practical.

If anyone know of a fix for this I would appreciate some input.

Thanks,
Patrick

Patrick Dunnigan wrote:
> I have been using the Cisco VPN for quite some time with no issues. Recently
> we added a Watchguard Firebox in another location and have installed the
> Watchguard MUVPN Client, otherwise known as Safenet Client.
>
> Ever since the install, I have not been able use the Cisco Client properly.
> If I disable the two Safenet Services, I get prompted for my user id and
> password and login to the Cisco concentrator and get an ip, etc. However I
> cannot ping anything on the network.
>
> My workaround is to completely uninstall both clients and reinstall the
> Cisco by itself. This is not very practical.
>
> If anyone know of a fix for this I would appreciate some input.
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick

This is the typical behaviour when attempting to install 2 different
IPSec VPN clients. Unfortunately due to the network design, only one
can be installed and working at once.

You can sometimes configure one of the clients to connect to the other
manufacturers gateway allowing it to be useful for both networks.

--
WARNING! Email address has been altered for spam resistance.
Mike Drechsler (mike-newsgroup@-deletethispart-.upcraft.com)

TRENDING THREADS