Help Setting Up VPN

Can anyone point me in the right direction for setting up OpenVPN? Is
there a step-by-step guide anywhere?

I have tried following the guides on the OpenVPN website, but just wind
up confusing myself more. I am wanting to run a simple VPN from my
home to my office with ethernet bridging. I am getting hung up trying
to generate the security certificates, and reference these in the
config files that OpenVPN requires. Any help will be greatly
appreciated.
6 answers Last reply
More about help setting

    The average person is not going to know how to use OpenVPN.

    GoToMyPC makes it easy for the average person.

    https://www.gotomypc.com/

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Worldwide
    United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294
    U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680
    International: 828-277-7272
    Fax: 775-254-3558
    Website: http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-big-iron-repair.htm

    GotoMyPC is definitely NOT what I am looking for. I need full network
    access, not just remote computer access. Besides, if that is all I was
    looking for, I would use a VNC client, not GotoMyPC.

    I consider myself above the 'average' user when it comes to computer
    skills. I am simply having trouble getting clear instructions I need
    to generate the security certificates OpenVPN requires. This is
    something new to me, and most instructions I find are aimed at Linux
    users.

    "Stone1269" <lgunther@shawneelink.net> wrote in message

    > Can anyone point me in the right direction for setting up OpenVPN? Is
    > there a step-by-step guide anywhere?
    >
    > I have tried following the guides on the OpenVPN website, but just wind
    > up confusing myself more. I am wanting to run a simple VPN from my
    > home to my office with ethernet bridging. I am getting hung up trying
    > to generate the security certificates, and reference these in the
    > config files that OpenVPN requires. Any help will be greatly
    > appreciated.

    Why dont't you try first with a shared key and see if that works. Then
    try to do it with the certificates.
    I did it following the openvpn site guides and works great. My server
    is a Slackware 10 box and the client I use is a Win XP SP2 via modem.

    Hope this helps.

    Good luck!!

    Aiki2

    http://giuciao.atspace.org/books/#Networking

    "Stone1269" <lgunther@shawneelink.net> wrote in message news:<1107829754.463509.13720@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>...
    > Can anyone point me in the right direction for setting up OpenVPN? Is
    > there a step-by-step guide anywhere?
    >
    > I have tried following the guides on the OpenVPN website, but just wind
    > up confusing myself more. I am wanting to run a simple VPN from my
    > home to my office with ethernet bridging. I am getting hung up trying
    > to generate the security certificates, and reference these in the
    > config files that OpenVPN requires. Any help will be greatly
    > appreciated.

    Try OpenVPN Bridging with Windows HOWTO

    http://www.pavelec.net/adam/openvpn/bridge/

    Hope it is helpful.

    Sincerely,

    Brad Reese
    http://www.bradreese.com/

    http://books4free.tk/
    working site

    ontiscal@tenup.com (g) wrote in message news:<2978281a.0502080812.275826e4@posting.google.com>...
    > http://giuciao.atspace.org/books/#Networking
    >
    > "Stone1269" <lgunther@shawneelink.net> wrote in message news:<1107829754.463509.13720@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>...
    > > Can anyone point me in the right direction for setting up OpenVPN? Is
    > > there a step-by-step guide anywhere?
    > >
    > > I have tried following the guides on the OpenVPN website, but just wind
    > > up confusing myself more. I am wanting to run a simple VPN from my
    > > home to my office with ethernet bridging. I am getting hung up trying
    > > to generate the security certificates, and reference these in the
    > > config files that OpenVPN requires. Any help will be greatly
    > > appreciated.

VPN OpenVPN Networking