Help Setting Up VPN

Last response: in Networking
February 7, 2005 9:29:14 PM

Can anyone point me in the right direction for setting up OpenVPN? Is
there a step-by-step guide anywhere?

I have tried following the guides on the OpenVPN website, but just wind
up confusing myself more. I am wanting to run a simple VPN from my
home to my office with ethernet bridging. I am getting hung up trying
to generate the security certificates, and reference these in the
config files that OpenVPN requires. Any help will be greatly
appreciated.

More about : setting vpn

Anonymous
February 7, 2005 11:07:16 PM

The average person is not going to know how to use OpenVPN.

GoToMyPC makes it easy for the average person.

https://www.gotomypc.com/

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Worldwide
United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294
U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Fax: 775-254-3558
Website: http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-big-iron-repair.htm
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 12:36:42 AM

GotoMyPC is definitely NOT what I am looking for. I need full network
access, not just remote computer access. Besides, if that is all I was
looking for, I would use a VNC client, not GotoMyPC.

I consider myself above the 'average' user when it comes to computer
skills. I am simply having trouble getting clear instructions I need
to generate the security certificates OpenVPN requires. This is
something new to me, and most instructions I find are aimed at Linux
users.

BradReeseCom wrote:
> The average person is not going to know how to use OpenVPN.
>
> GoToMyPC makes it easy for the average person.
>
> https://www.gotomypc.com/
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Brad Reese
> BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Worldwide
> United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294
> U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680
> International: 828-277-7272
> Fax: 775-254-3558
> Website: http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-big-iron-repair.htm
February 8, 2005 6:18:41 AM

"Stone1269" <lgunther@shawneelink.net> wrote in message

> Can anyone point me in the right direction for setting up OpenVPN? Is
> there a step-by-step guide anywhere?
>
> I have tried following the guides on the OpenVPN website, but just wind
> up confusing myself more. I am wanting to run a simple VPN from my
> home to my office with ethernet bridging. I am getting hung up trying
> to generate the security certificates, and reference these in the
> config files that OpenVPN requires. Any help will be greatly
> appreciated.

Why dont't you try first with a shared key and see if that works. Then
try to do it with the certificates.
I did it following the openvpn site guides and works great. My server
is a Slackware 10 box and the client I use is a Win XP SP2 via modem.

Hope this helps.

Good luck!!

Aiki2
February 8, 2005 11:12:08 AM

http://giuciao.atspace.org/books/#Networking

"Stone1269" <lgunther@shawneelink.net> wrote in message news:<1107829754.463509.13720@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>...
> Can anyone point me in the right direction for setting up OpenVPN? Is
> there a step-by-step guide anywhere?
>
> I have tried following the guides on the OpenVPN website, but just wind
> up confusing myself more. I am wanting to run a simple VPN from my
> home to my office with ethernet bridging. I am getting hung up trying
> to generate the security certificates, and reference these in the
> config files that OpenVPN requires. Any help will be greatly
> appreciated.
February 22, 2005 10:45:39 AM

http://books4free.tk/
working site