Sign in with
Your question

Asus a8n premium please read~!

Last response: in Motherboards
March 7, 2006 1:24:19 AM

ok.. here it goes
im using my pc as normal... suddenly my wireless mouse starts laggin and so my keyboard... then I get a blue screen.
So I reboot and the mobo says that there is no keyboard, and the wireless mouse/keyboard station doesnt have its lights on as usual...!It seems to be a usb power problem. So just to be sure I clear my cmos and power up the pc.. now the mobo detects the keyboard, so is not a usb power issue... I select to start windows normally.. and when loading windows, I get the blue screen again!
So I thought that maybe because of the date being changed windows wouldnt load so I go to the bios and change the date to the correct one.. then I restart and the keyboard is detected everything fine and when in desktop the keyboard goes off and so the mouse...! so I repeated all the clear cmos process but I performed a system restore... and know everything seems to be working ok...! do u guys have any idea on this? my specs below... and the mouse and keyboard are logitech wireless.

I tried two different mice and keyboards so is not a keyboard or mouse problem

More about : asus a8n premium read

March 9, 2006 6:27:38 PM

Have you uninstalled and reloaded the drivers yet? Did you happen to copy the BSOD error?...Google is your friend with those types of errors...
March 9, 2006 7:02:16 PM

I had basically the same problem. With my USB keyboard plugged in I got the blue screen of death. Used a normal P/S2 keyboard and I could at least change the bios settings, but windows would not boot.

This was early in my install, and I had to reinstall windows to get my system working again. The next install, I decdied not to install the Nvidia Firewall feature, and I had no problems.
Related resources
March 9, 2006 8:08:59 PM

what is a BSOD error?
and im not using the nvidia firewall, In fact I've never installed it... Everything is working just fine now, as for the windows problem I guess that changing the time and date solved the booting issue.
March 9, 2006 9:51:48 PM

Check to see if your batteries are good.

If you haven't yet, try a std kb and mouse.
March 10, 2006 12:15:45 AM

umm my chipset is always within the 29-35C range... my temps are ok. Im using the logitech drivers that came with the mouse and keyboard
Everything is workin fine now, so the problem is gone!
!