Troubled Printers

People complain about problems with printers,; however, they do not
provide all of the information.

First and foremost, they should specifiy if they are using factory ink
and tanks and also if they are using mfg branded paper.

If they are not using factory ink or paper they should specify what
brands they are using.

In this way, what they say can have greater meaning. 3rd party inks and
papers were not created equal. Some of the cheapest 3rd party inks are
really low quality and can mess up an otherwise high quality printer.

Also we may find out that most of the problems with name brand printers
like Canon and Epson occur when mfg branded inks are not used.

We can also get a feel for what 3rd party inks do not provide major
problems.

Regarding paper, the only things that is difficult to report on is the
longevity of the print. One also has to consider that the paper ink
combination has a lot to do with fading.

So when posting results it would be helpful to know the specifics of the
playing field to better ascertain if the problems pertain to your
combination of printer, ink, and paper.

I agree, that's a great idea! It would somewhat help in figuring out if
there are any patterns.

The main problem with it, however, is that many people use a variety of
ink and paper, some generic 3rd party inks don't have any brand names.

It would also help if people indicated if they refilled the cartridges,
or bought locally refilled cartridges, because sometimes the problem
isn't even the ink, but the how the refilling is accomplished and by whom.

Art