MT. Everest Ques. ??

"Sparky" <sstreet5@cox.net> wrote in message
news:IZeke.22028$gp.20686@fed1read03...
> In FS9, Whats the nearest airport to
> MT. Everest and whats the heading and distance
> after lift-off?????

From http://glathrem.home.att.net/fs9/:

Top of the world
I put this in the adventure section because it's not the usual short flight.
We're going to the real highest point on earth. There's only one non-jet in
FS2004 suitable for this trip. When you find it you'll know what my favorite
plane is in this "game". Set up some realistic weather for this one. At
least some restricted visibility and wind. If you are carrying tourists,
you'll probably want to take off from VNTR (Tumlingtar). Use the 34 rwy and
you'll be pointed pretty much at your target. Just take off and climb like
your life depended on it. It's 42.6 nm from here. For the non-wimps try VNLK
(Lukla) (a real world dangerous airport). It will be a short field takeoff.
The runway is listed as 7/25 but I found it closer to 240°. And that's
definitely the one to use. It's a grass strip so go ahead and push back for
a little extra distance. (it's all grass, right?) Depending on how many
tourists you have and how big of a lunch they ate, you may not be airborne
before you run out of runway. That's ok since it will put you right off a
cliff. You should have no problem if you don't panic and nose up too much.
Once safely airborne turn to 30° and fly for 20.7nm. Welcome to Everest -
N27 59.18 E86 55.54

HI Sparky,your question is good.I flew couple time in katmendou aria
and I never find the Everest.Even from china. I used many maps for
locolising but in fs.I did not find the roof of earth.If anybody know
please give us references lat. and long.Thank's

Thank's Wayne, I will try this flight to night for sure.

fred

See http://home.hccnet.nl/f.braaksma/docs/everest/everest2.html I made a
while back.
Btw The runway has been modernized in 2004. No grass anymore.
It's concrete now. For real world photo's, See
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?datesearch=March%2023%2C%202004&distinct_entry=true
Twin Otter is a nice a/c to drop the expedition members for the Everest.

Fred

"Sparky" <sstreet5@cox.net> wrote in message
> In FS9, Whats the nearest airport to
> MT. Everest and whats the heading and distance
> after lift-off?????

Tim

fred wrote:
> See http://home.hccnet.nl/f.braaksma/docs/everest/everest2.html I
> made a while back.
> Btw The runway has been modernized in 2004. No grass anymore.
> It's concrete now. For real world photo's, See
> http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?datesearch=March%2023%2C%202004&distinct_entry=true
> Twin Otter is a nice a/c to drop the expedition members for the
> Everest.
> Fred
>
> "Sparky" <sstreet5@cox.net> wrote in message
>> In FS9, Whats the nearest airport to
>> MT. Everest and whats the heading and distance
>> after lift-off?????

I got some scenery for Lukla from Flightsim.com (search for af2vnlk.zip), at
least I think that's it! I have a tower and various other buildings, along
with a tarmac/concrete runway and apron.

Tim