Recycle Bin empties when closing down - how can I stop this

August 31, 2004 12:06:40 PM

The subject says it all. Whilst I am usually sure what I have deleted there
has been an occasion recently when I needed to restore. All the files had
gone on RCB was empty.
Help appreciated in curing this problem. Have tried MS help site - no luck.

Shirley
August 31, 2004 11:51:31 PM

Shirley wrote:
: The subject says it all. Whilst I am usually sure what I have deleted
: there has been an occasion recently when I needed to restore. All the
: files had gone on RCB was empty.
: Help appreciated in curing this problem. Have tried MS help site - no
: luck.
:
: Shirley
Have you looked at the Properties>Global Tab?
TonyS
Anonymous
September 1, 2004 6:02:23 AM

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 08:06:40 +0100, Shirley wrote:

> The subject says it all. Whilst I am usually sure what I have deleted there
> has been an occasion recently when I needed to restore. All the files had
> gone on RCB was empty.
> Help appreciated in curing this problem. Have tried MS help site - no luck.
>
> Shirley

Is there a third party program installed that cleans up at the end of a
session? Something like Window Washer or Evidence Eliminator? If yes, check
the settings in those programs and disable the feature that is deleting the
contents of the Recycle Bin at logoff/shutdown.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User