Kiwis

Hi All,

For what its worth, I thought I should tell you all that I just had the
pleasure of meeting Donbutts, and his wife Gail, during their trip here to
Brisbane to see their new grand-daughter.

Gail was very vivacious, warm, friendly, charming, fun-loving and witty
(well, at least 1/2 witty!!) :)) Not totally unexpected, as she's a Brissie
girl.

Butts was exactly the same.

Apparently, they're both EXTREMELY well regarded in the international
Country and Western Music scene - Don as an in-demand guitarist, and, being
also an ex Army guy, and then a Forensic Police Photographer, he also knows
a thing or three about photography....!!!

Still can't help feeling sorry for the poor bastard, though - firstly,
he's a Kiwi, and secondly, he prefers flying complicated heavy airliners,
rather than Spitfires and Mustangs.

There's just no accounting for taste!!!! :)))

It must be my lucky year, as, if he's still talking to me, I'm going to
be able to catch up with Marcel in N,Z, during his trip there next February,
and we'll both be able to catch up with Butts and Gail....and their mate
Jeff Bennett.....

Yessiirreee, I'm already making plans - electronic digital sheep
counter, raincoat, plug-in solar/electrically heated flying suit, digital,
hand-held electronic translator, gloves, ear muffs, fur-lined cap,
binoculars (so I can see past the fog/smog...), strap-on Billboard, so I can
brag about the result of ANY sporting contest we might have recently had
with them......

Never been there before (why would you...??), so it should be a hoot and
a half!!!

Regards,
John Ward

What's this? I'm gone for three weeks only to return 800+ messages and John and Don meet F2F and have a world peace
summit? Next thing you know there will be a cure for SPAM :)

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

"John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:4291879a$0$8124$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
> Hi All,
>
> For what its worth, I thought I should tell you all that I just had the pleasure of meeting Donbutts, and his wife
> Gail, during their trip here to Brisbane to see their new grand-daughter.
>
> Gail was very vivacious, warm, friendly, charming, fun-loving and witty (well, at least 1/2 witty!!) :)) Not
> totally unexpected, as she's a Brissie girl.
>
> Butts was exactly the same.
>
> Apparently, they're both EXTREMELY well regarded in the international Country and Western Music scene - Don as an
> in-demand guitarist, and, being also an ex Army guy, and then a Forensic Police Photographer, he also knows a thing
> or three about photography....!!!
>
> Still can't help feeling sorry for the poor bastard, though - firstly, he's a Kiwi, and secondly, he prefers flying
> complicated heavy airliners, rather than Spitfires and Mustangs.
>
> There's just no accounting for taste!!!! :)))
>
> It must be my lucky year, as, if he's still talking to me, I'm going to be able to catch up with Marcel in N,Z,
> during his trip there next February, and we'll both be able to catch up with Butts and Gail....and their mate Jeff
> Bennett.....
>
> Yessiirreee, I'm already making plans - electronic digital sheep counter, raincoat, plug-in solar/electrically
> heated flying suit, digital, hand-held electronic translator, gloves, ear muffs, fur-lined cap, binoculars (so I can
> see past the fog/smog...), strap-on Billboard, so I can brag about the result of ANY sporting contest we might have
> recently had with them......
>
> Never been there before (why would you...??), so it should be a hoot and a half!!!
>
> Regards,
> John Ward

Hi Carl,

No, mate, there's no cure for SPAM - it's always going to taste lousy!!
:))

I'll say it AGAIN: people here sure waffle on - you leave for any length
of time, and there's always about a squillion messages to consider even
attempting to wade through when you come back

Strewth!!! :)))

Gone for three weeks - must have been something, or someone :))),
pretty important, mate, to drag you away from your fantastic home setup???

Regards,
John Ward
"Carl Frisk" <c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net> wrote in message
> What's this? I'm gone for three weeks only to return 800+ messages and
> John and Don meet F2F and have a world peace summit? Next thing you know
> there will be a cure for SPAM :)
>
> --
> ...Carl Frisk
> Anger is a brief madness.
> - Horace, 20 B.C.
> http://www.carlfrisk.com
>

> "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> For what its worth, I thought I should tell you all that I just had
>> the pleasure of meeting Donbutts, and his wife Gail, during their trip
>> here to Brisbane to see their new grand-daughter.
>>
>> Gail was very vivacious, warm, friendly, charming, fun-loving and
>> witty (well, at least 1/2 witty!!) :)) Not totally unexpected, as she's
>> a Brissie girl.
>>
>> Butts was exactly the same.
>>
>> Apparently, they're both EXTREMELY well regarded in the international
>> Country and Western Music scene - Don as an in-demand guitarist, and,
>> being also an ex Army guy, and then a Forensic Police Photographer, he
>> also knows a thing or three about photography....!!!
>>
>> Still can't help feeling sorry for the poor bastard, though - firstly,
>> he's a Kiwi, and secondly, he prefers flying complicated heavy airliners,
>> rather than Spitfires and Mustangs.
>>
>> There's just no accounting for taste!!!! :)))
>>
>> It must be my lucky year, as, if he's still talking to me, I'm going
>> to be able to catch up with Marcel in N,Z, during his trip there next
>> February, and we'll both be able to catch up with Butts and Gail....and
>> their mate Jeff Bennett.....
>>
>> Yessiirreee, I'm already making plans - electronic digital sheep
>> counter, raincoat, plug-in solar/electrically heated flying suit,
>> digital, hand-held electronic translator, gloves, ear muffs, fur-lined
>> cap, binoculars (so I can see past the fog/smog...), strap-on Billboard,
>> so I can brag about the result of ANY sporting contest we might have
>> recently had with them......
>>
>> Never been there before (why would you...??), so it should be a hoot
>> and a half!!!
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ward

Just been working out of town lately. Not far away but not much chance to get home and check messages either.

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

On Mon, 23 May 2005 17:34:54 +1000, John Ward wrote:

> Hi All,

Howdy stranger....

> Apparently, they're both EXTREMELY well regarded in the international
> Country and Western Music scene - Don as an in-demand guitarist, and, being
> also an ex Army guy, and then a Forensic Police Photographer, he also knows
> a thing or three about photography....!!!

Apparently? You mean you didn't know?
Don told me about that eons ago!

But I'm glad y'all had fun.

> It must be my lucky year, as, if he's still talking to me, I'm going to
> be able to catch up with Marcel in N,Z, during his trip there next February,
> and we'll both be able to catch up with Butts and Gail....and their mate
> Jeff Bennett.....

Oh....so THIS is how I find out, eh?
You will fill me in on some of the details before this month is over, won't
you? :)

> Yessiirreee, I'm already making plans - electronic digital sheep
> counter, raincoat, plug-in solar/electrically heated flying suit, digital,
> hand-held electronic translator, gloves, ear muffs, fur-lined cap,
> binoculars (so I can see past the fog/smog...), strap-on Billboard, so I can
> brag about the result of ANY sporting contest we might have recently had
> with them......

Oh I get it...you're going as your silent alter-ego: GeekMan!
:)))

> Never been there before (why would you...??), so it should be a hoot and
> a half!!!

Hey! If I'm gonna be there it's gonna be a hoot and three quarters.
And don't you forget that! <g>

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(Any landing you walk away from wasn't one of Melissa's! <g>)

You're welcome over here any old time JW
"John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> For what its worth, I thought I should tell you all that I just had
the
> pleasure of meeting Donbutts, and his wife Gail, during their trip here to
> Brisbane to see their new grand-daughter.
>
> Gail was very vivacious, warm, friendly, charming, fun-loving and
witty
> (well, at least 1/2 witty!!) :)) Not totally unexpected, as she's a
Brissie
> girl.
>
> Butts was exactly the same.
>
> Apparently, they're both EXTREMELY well regarded in the international
> Country and Western Music scene - Don as an in-demand guitarist, and,
being
> also an ex Army guy, and then a Forensic Police Photographer, he also
knows
> a thing or three about photography....!!!
>
> Still can't help feeling sorry for the poor bastard, though - firstly,
> he's a Kiwi, and secondly, he prefers flying complicated heavy airliners,
> rather than Spitfires and Mustangs.
>
> There's just no accounting for taste!!!! :)))
>
> It must be my lucky year, as, if he's still talking to me, I'm going
> be able to catch up with Marcel in N,Z, during his trip there next
February,
> and we'll both be able to catch up with Butts and Gail....and their mate
> Jeff Bennett.....
>
> Yessiirreee, I'm already making plans - electronic digital sheep
> counter, raincoat, plug-in solar/electrically heated flying suit, digital,
> hand-held electronic translator, gloves, ear muffs, fur-lined cap,
> binoculars (so I can see past the fog/smog...), strap-on Billboard, so I
can
> brag about the result of ANY sporting contest we might have recently had
> with them......
>
> Never been there before (why would you...??), so it should be a hoot
and
> a half!!!
>
> Regards,
> John Ward

"John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> For what its worth, I thought I should tell you all that I just had the
> pleasure of meeting Donbutts, and his wife Gail, during their trip here to
> Brisbane to see their new grand-daughter.

sorry for butting in up here JW but we are back here in Godzone breathing in
the pureist of air .. have just told Gayle JW has married us off
apparently... cause he is actually a 'Justice of the Peace' guys... yep saw
the proply 'certicate' 'n all. (My grand daughter JW)

> Gail was very vivacious, warm, friendly, charming, fun-loving and witty
> (well, at least 1/2 witty!!) :)) Not totally unexpected, as she's a
> Brissie girl.

hey hands off I saw her first... but she's a Kiwi mate.. aha now the
attributes fit!!!

> Butts was exactly the same.

oh shucks JW I paid you 30 bucks to say that!!!

> Apparently, they're both EXTREMELY well regarded in the international
> Country and Western Music scene - Don as an in-demand guitarist,

All fooey ...I just know a few on the circuit .... the womans institute and
IHC keep me in demand. JW must have been on transmit and not receive

and, being
> also an ex Army guy, and then a Forensic Police Photographer, he also
> knows a thing or three about photography....!!!

yep bach when we rubbed to sticks together to make a fire... these digital
things are a bit compulcated for this ol guy

> Still can't help feeling sorry for the poor bastard, though - firstly,
> he's a Kiwi, and secondly, he prefers flying complicated heavy airliners,
> rather than Spitfires and Mustangs. There's just no accounting for
> taste!!!! :)))

We do most of our travelling on the aforesaid ...havn't seen a spitfire in
real life. (as real as it gets is the game)

> It must be my lucky year, as, if he's still talking to me, I'm going to
> be able to catch up with Marcel in N,Z, during his trip there next
> February, and we'll both be able to catch up with Butts and Gail....and
> their mate Jeff Bennett.....
Yessiirreee, I'm already making plans - electronic digital sheep
> counter, raincoat, plug-in solar/electrically heated flying suit, digital,
> hand-held electronic translator, gloves, ear muffs, fur-lined cap,
> binoculars (so I can see past the fog/smog...), strap-on Billboard, so I
> can brag about the result of ANY sporting contest we might have recently
> had with them......

> Never been there before

you made that obvious enuff JW but that was funny!!!!

"Carl Frisk" <c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net> wrote in message
> What's this? I'm gone for three weeks only to return 800+ messages and
> John and Don meet F2F and have a world peace summit? Next thing you know
> there will be a cure for SPAM :)
>
> --
> ...Carl Frisk
> Anger is a brief madness.
> - Horace, 20 B.C.
> http://www.carlfrisk.com

Actually we had a fisti cuff at his front door and it was nasty mate...

Butts

Had me worried for minute there :)

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

"donbutts" <removethisdonneybutts@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:j0uke.2355$U4.326094@news.xtra.co.nz...

> "Carl Frisk" <c.frisk@REMOVE.verizon.net> wrote in message
>> What's this? I'm gone for three weeks only to return 800+ messages and
>> John and Don meet F2F and have a world peace summit? Next thing you know
>> there will be a cure for SPAM :)
>>
>> --
>> ...Carl Frisk
>> Anger is a brief madness.
>> - Horace, 20 B.C.
>> http://www.carlfrisk.com
>>

> Actually we had a fisti cuff at his front door and it was nasty mate...
>
> Butts

Had a great time JW and thanks for your hospitality and we thought you were
a great guy. My broadband is kaput at present and have fired up the old
puter here but will get email to you soonest
Loved the river cruise and you pointing out that long raggety bank where
your convict rellies stood side by side with their individual cold chisels
specially shaping it to give that unkempt Australian appearance. :)
need more gum trees to hide it mate. The high rises do that admirably in
the other direction.
Best regards
Butts and Gayle

>> It must be my lucky year, as, if he's still talking to me, I'm going
>> be able to catch up with Marcel in N,Z, during his trip there next
>> February,
>> and we'll both be able to catch up with Butts and Gail....and their mate
>> Jeff Bennett.....
>
> Oh....so THIS is how I find out, eh?
> You will fill me in on some of the details before this month is over,
> won't
> you? :)
>
> Marcel (SAG-21)
> (Any landing you walk away from wasn't one of Melissa's! <g>)

do you mind cotton sheets with a bright tulip patten Marcel??
JW is getting a sheep dag stained rough flax underlay covered with toi toi
feathers Should be nice after a pork n puha dinner Haeremai.
Hey I believe 'heli_nige' London ex this group is considering visiting Gayle
n I around the same time if he is not too busy flying his own real life
Cessna to France for luncheons. We should arrange a convention here..
Iain Smith could carry Nigel's bag.
By the way Marcel "Jane", the pretty little Kiwi you missed out on, ( i
tried) has left her guy in Amsterdam and now moved to London.

Butts

Don't you just hate it when people seem to be getting on well and you feel
utterly left out of it as well as not having a clue what they are talking
about? :)

Cheers,

Quilly

An individual reply goes into my spam filter

> Loved the river cruise and you pointing out that long raggety bank where
> your convict rellies stood side by side with their individual cold chisels
> specially shaping it to give that unkempt Australian
Just in case you guys get the wrong impression way back in the Colonial days
the English shipped off their surplus convicts to Australia to get them out
of the way and the NZ ders delight in reminding them of this little bit of
history.
JW is the nicest of nicest people and was a pleasure meeting him. He has a
4. something gig puter with plasma attachments and a huge array of add
ons... I saw the CH pedals sitting about to be comnnected and if he has been
a little amiss with the group recently well he has a few probs family wise
that's causing a little concern and all his attention. But he is exactly as
portrayed to us perhaps even a little more genuine.. JW you are a good
mate!!!
Butts

On Tue, 24 May 2005 12:35:38 +1200, donbutts wrote:

> do you mind cotton sheets with a bright tulip patten Marcel??

Now what are *you* planning?
You and JW are going to see to it I get my own room at the funnyfarm aren't
you?

> JW is getting a sheep dag stained rough flax underlay covered with toi toi
> feathers Should be nice after a pork n puha dinner Haeremai.

I had to use some translator programs here. :)
I guess I should buy some dictionaries before I leave the country, eh?

> Hey I believe 'heli_nige' London ex this group is considering visiting Gayle
> n I around the same time if he is not too busy flying his own real life
> Cessna to France for luncheons. We should arrange a convention here..

I don't remember him. How long has he been gone?
A convention would be fun, but I wanna see the islands! Top to bottom, left
to right, by foot, by car, by helicopter, by boat, by horseback.

> By the way Marcel "Jane", the pretty little Kiwi you missed out on, ( i
> tried) has left her guy in Amsterdam and now moved to London.

She missed her chance. ;-)
Oh well...plenty of birdies around. Plenty of birdies!

--

Marcel (SAG-21)
(You've got clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?)

Hi PaulR,

Thanks, mate - looks like being next February, at the same time as
Marcel, assuming the Runways aren't ice-bound, or the Airports
"white-outed", or the place hasn't sunk!! :)))

Regards,
John Ward
"Paul R" <rudmans@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
> You're welcome over here any old time JW
> "John Ward" <johnrmward@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> For what its worth, I thought I should tell you all that I just had
> the
>> pleasure of meeting Donbutts, and his wife Gail, during their trip here
>> Brisbane to see their new grand-daughter.
>>
>> Gail was very vivacious, warm, friendly, charming, fun-loving and
> witty
>> (well, at least 1/2 witty!!) :)) Not totally unexpected, as she's a
> Brissie
>> girl.
>>
>> Butts was exactly the same.
>>
>> Apparently, they're both EXTREMELY well regarded in the international
>> Country and Western Music scene - Don as an in-demand guitarist, and,
> being
>> also an ex Army guy, and then a Forensic Police Photographer, he also
> knows
>> a thing or three about photography....!!!
>>
>> Still can't help feeling sorry for the poor bastard, though -
>> firstly,
>> he's a Kiwi, and secondly, he prefers flying complicated heavy airliners,
>> rather than Spitfires and Mustangs.
>>
>> There's just no accounting for taste!!!! :)))
>>
>> It must be my lucky year, as, if he's still talking to me, I'm going
>> be able to catch up with Marcel in N,Z, during his trip there next
> February,
>> and we'll both be able to catch up with Butts and Gail....and their mate
>> Jeff Bennett.....
>>
>> Yessiirreee, I'm already making plans - electronic digital sheep
>> counter, raincoat, plug-in solar/electrically heated flying suit,
>> digital,
>> hand-held electronic translator, gloves, ear muffs, fur-lined cap,
>> binoculars (so I can see past the fog/smog...), strap-on Billboard, so I
> can
>> brag about the result of ANY sporting contest we might have recently had
>> with them......
>>
>> Never been there before (why would you...??), so it should be a hoot
> and
>> a half!!!
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ward

Hi StudMuffin,

Hell, mate, why don't we go all out and try for a double hoot!! :))

Regards,
John Ward
"Marcel Kuijper" <zoepetier_nothing_here@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 23 May 2005 17:34:54 +1000, John Ward wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>
> Howdy stranger....
>

>> Apparently, they're both EXTREMELY well regarded in the international
>> Country and Western Music scene - Don as an in-demand guitarist, and,
>> being
>> also an ex Army guy, and then a Forensic Police Photographer, he also
>> knows
>> a thing or three about photography....!!!
>
> Apparently? You mean you didn't know?
> Don told me about that eons ago!
>
> But I'm glad y'all had fun.
>

>> It must be my lucky year, as, if he's still talking to me, I'm going
>> be able to catch up with Marcel in N,Z, during his trip there next
>> February,
>> and we'll both be able to catch up with Butts and Gail....and their mate
>> Jeff Bennett.....
>
> Oh....so THIS is how I find out, eh?
> You will fill me in on some of the details before this month is over,
> won't
> you? :)
>

>> Yessiirreee, I'm already making plans - electronic digital sheep
>> counter, raincoat, plug-in solar/electrically heated flying suit,
>> digital,
>> hand-held electronic translator, gloves, ear muffs, fur-lined cap,
>> binoculars (so I can see past the fog/smog...), strap-on Billboard, so I
>> can
>> brag about the result of ANY sporting contest we might have recently had
>> with them......
>
> Oh I get it...you're going as your silent alter-ego: GeekMan!
> :)))
>

>> Never been there before (why would you...??), so it should be a hoot
>> and
>> a half!!!
>
> Hey! If I'm gonna be there it's gonna be a hoot and three quarters.
> And don't you forget that! <g>
>
> --
>
> Marcel (SAG-21)
> (Any landing you walk away from wasn't one of Melissa's! <g>)

Hi donbutts,

Glad you both enjoyed yourselves!!

And thanks again for that snow we had while you were here - you
shouldn't have!! :))

Regards,
John Ward
> Had a great time JW and thanks for your hospitality and we thought you
> were a great guy. My broadband is kaput at present and have fired up the
> old puter here but will get email to you soonest
> Loved the river cruise and you pointing out that long raggety bank where
> your convict rellies stood side by side with their individual cold chisels
> specially shaping it to give that unkempt Australian appearance. :)
> need more gum trees to hide it mate. The high rises do that admirably in
> the other direction.
> Best regards
> Butts and Gayle

Hi donbutts,

Now I'm almost blushing! :))

All I have to do now is plough through ~ 375 Manuals, and I might have
1/2 a clue how to tweak some of this stuff.

Sure beats the heck out of the old PC though, already! The 'Sim is a
completely different experience....

Regards,
John Ward