Intricate Word Form formatting within PocketWord conversion

September 30, 2004 3:34:04 PM

I'm using Word 2003 and have a protected document with
drop down boxes embedded in my form. I'd like to use my
PocketPC to fill in this data while working in the field,
and then upload to my laptop to finish the document. When
I transer the file to the Pocket PC there is no Forms
toolbar to unprotect the document. Currently when I
convert the file to my PocketPC I lose the drop down boxes
and just get ...... in its place where the drop down
box should have been. How can I keep the formatting
through conversion? Is anyone aware of a software that
boosts Word on the Pocket PC to accept the form toolbar
and keep the dropdown data?

Should I have gotten a tabletpc?
Anonymous
September 30, 2004 6:12:32 PM

Everyone is going to get tired of me posting this but.... ;-)

SoftMaker's TextMaker is a Pocket Word replacement that will allow you to
keep passwording and forms in a document. You can find more information out
at http://www.softmaker.com on the application and a review of it on my
site.

Regards,
--
Clinton Fitch
Editor

http://www.clintonfitch.com - Pocket PC Reviews

"Hollybmp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Word 2003 and have a protected document with
> drop down boxes embedded in my form. I'd like to use my
> PocketPC to fill in this data while working in the field,
> and then upload to my laptop to finish the document. When
> I transer the file to the Pocket PC there is no Forms
> toolbar to unprotect the document. Currently when I
> convert the file to my PocketPC I lose the drop down boxes
> and just get ...... in its place where the drop down
> box should have been. How can I keep the formatting
> through conversion? Is anyone aware of a software that
> boosts Word on the Pocket PC to accept the form toolbar
> and keep the dropdown data?
>
> Should I have gotten a tabletpc?

Anonymous
September 30, 2004 6:12:33 PM

This is my first time on the newgroup and I appreicate
a "repost". Perhaps a macro or rule to fill this one in
for those like me!! ;)  Many thanks!

Anonymous
September 30, 2004 10:00:57 PM

No worries. I just post a lot about TextMaker as it really smokes Pocket
Word.

Clinton

> This is my first time on the newgroup and I appreicate
> a "repost". Perhaps a macro or rule to fill this one in
> for those like me!! ;)  Many thanks!

Anonymous
September 30, 2004 10:29:50 PM

Text maker will "do" drop down boxes. I use it. While you're at it Get
Textmaker for Windows (replace Word) or Linux as well.

Jim
"Clinton Fitch III" <newsgroups@NOSPAMMYTHANKIE.c3-technology.com> wrote in
message news:#INlwFypEHA.3172@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

!