Need help routing IPX over IPsec

How can I route IPX traffic across an IPsec VPN connection?

My VPN is established via Netgear FVS318 to FVS318.

Do I need to use PPTP instead of IPsec? If so, does this mean I can't use
the FVS318s?

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

Max
2 answers Last reply
More about need routing ipsec

    MIddleman wrote:
    > How can I route IPX traffic across an IPsec VPN connection?
    >
    > My VPN is established via Netgear FVS318 to FVS318.
    >
    > Do I need to use PPTP instead of IPsec? If so, does this mean I can't use
    > the FVS318s?
    >
    > Can anyone help me with this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Max
    IPSEC is IP only. So you cannot route IPX over it. HOWEVER, I assume you
    want IPX for an old Novell install (I say old beacuse Novell has used
    native IP for over 5 years now). You can always use netwareIP to
    encapsulate the IPX into IP.

    "T. Sean Weintz" <strap@hanh-ct.org> wrote in message :
    > IPSEC is IP only. So you cannot route IPX over it. HOWEVER, I assume you
    > want IPX for an old Novell install (I say old beacuse Novell has used
    > native IP for over 5 years now). You can always use netwareIP to
    > encapsulate the IPX into IP.

    We are currently using Netware 5.0. However, since we migrated from 3.11 in
    1999 we just kept using the IPX. Since Netware 5.0 has PureIP, how hard is
    it to convert the server to IP from IPX? Will CMD allow me to use both
    protocols simultaniously?

    Obviously my goal is to implement IP and do away with the IPX so that I can
    use the FVS318's IPSec to connect remotely...

    Max

VPN Connection Networking